Film & TV's Most Heartbreaking Deaths

Neverending Story, Swamp of Sadness. Fuck that scene.

earl%2002.gif

This is one of the saddest scenes from television.

And this was a pretty famous unexpected kick to the feels.

Ruined my night when I saw it live.

Probably not the most popular show around here but I thought this was the best scene in the show. Made me feel bad for a character I didn't like.

"Hold the door!" Assuming he did die. I had to sit there for a couple minutes in silence after that scene. Also, when Nick blew his brains out in The Deer Hunter right after recognizing Mike.

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I s...

Not a death, but "Father's Day" in the first season of "Doctor Who," and the season 2 finale of the same show when they split up the Doctor and Rose Tyler.

Honourable mentions to "Six Feet Under" finale and G-Baby up above.

Probably not the most popular show around here but I thought this was the best scene in the show. Made me feel bad for a character I didn't like.

I always found it interesting that the writers of the show had him die in front of Desmond instead of one of the other characters with which he had a stronger connection.

It made the scene seem more real.

Never thought watching a volleyball float away would choke me up, but damn if I didn't grow fond of that Wilson.

I was devastated when Adriana was whacked. The drive in the car was so desolate and intense at the same time. I blame Christopher's stupidity for her death. RIP.

I'll make a poll if there's enough nominations.

Discuss.

sopranos.jpg

Dont bring up whackings in Sopranos dawg. they get me every time.

To be honest. Looking deep into the context of what Adriana gave up. It wasn't much. She was loyal to chris and sad to see her go. She gave up her friend who hit on chris for something. But that was pretty much it right?

Probably the scene in land before time when littlefoots mother gets killed

The death of Rita on Dexter. That shit killed a great show slowly and painfully.

Also, the death of Kira from the Dark Crystal messed me up as a kid...

Thomas J dying in My Girl. As a kid, seeing a kid die kinda shook me.

Back