FINALLY, an OTC "Testosterone Booster" checks out:

There's not much difference in ways people handle it, though there are special cases in every scenario. Exceptions to the rules.

deadlyshaolin, this is for you home-skillet:

Researches from the UCLA Medical Center found no effect on prostate metabolism or size in older men receiving testosterone supplements for 6 months:

(JAMA, 296: 2531-2361, 2006)

Also, Dr. Abraham Morgentaler of Harvard Medical School cited in his writing that the perceived link between testosterone boosting and prostate cancer was based on one subject in a study published in 1941. Castration caused a decrease progression in prostate cancer whereas testosterone supplementation caused growth. Since then, numerous studies have reported no link between testosterone levels and specific risk of prostate cancer:

(European Urology, 50: 935-939, 2006)

I also have something few people have ever seen. A long-term study of Powerlifters and muscle morphology comparing steroid users to non. After 10 years if memory serves me there were no endangerments of prostates. I can e-mail that one to you if you'd like to see it.

Not sure how this relates but what of the numerous studies linking estrogen hormone replacement with cancer? Is there any other instance relating to men?

I'd be interested in seeing any long term (5-10 yr) studies on the effectives of steroids and any tests examining increase in cancer and other side effects.

I've heard of nolvadex and clomid used post cycle but never for a cycle. Any side effects of the usage?

Also I read this somewhere:
"With all due respect, I'm pretty sure that nolvadex will not prevent estrogen buildup. It prevents the binding of estrogen to the receptors.... so you can still have a buildup of estrogen while taking Nolvadex. Once the Nolvadex is discontinued, you can potentially suffer from a rebound free estrogen in your system. However, taking something like arimidex will prevent the formation of estrogen in the first place."

Care to comment?

(Not trying to be an asshat, just curious)

- J.

If you're a fan of epidemiology, consider the following:

Wakai, K (Feb 2005). "Descriptive epidemiology of prostate cancer in Japan and Western countries". Nippon Rinsho 63 (2): 207-12.

Proposed theories:
1. Higher diet in animal fats => higher circulating testosterone levels => Higher incidence of prostate cancer
2. Higher diet in soy => higher phytoestrogen levels => lower incidence of prostate cancer

I know you said you avoid soy but its proven soy is linked to elevated estrogen which inturn can have all manner of nasty side effects.

- J.

There's no reason libido should decrease when suppressing estrogen to my knowledge

I respect the hell out of you and your knowledge, but this is totally wrong man. You need estrogen for libido and hard on functions. That's why people on huge doses of non-aromatizing steroids are limp as shit unless they shoot test with thier other gear. You've heard of Deca-dick, right?

Great read, Any more positive or negative results?

It might increase testosterone, but I still think the only "test boosters" that actually have any noticeable effect are anabolic steroids.

So has anyone tried this with some good results to post? Where can I get some?

It might increase testosterone, but I still think the only "test boosters" that actually have any noticeable effect are anabolic steroids.

Then you'd be thinking wrong, and missing the entire opening post that shows so.

I'm currently trying this stuff. I'm using it more as a PCT to clear out the potential hormonal effects of the other stuff I've been taking but I'm on it.

I'll probably do a full review on it once I'm done with a full 6 weeks.

I thought I would bump this to see if anyone had any definitive personal experinces with it. Thanks.

What is the youngest age that Novadex would be reccomend to, for an athlete who is already in great shape..

i tried tren complex (not xtreme) for a month and i gained about 10 solid pounds of muscle.
i have been off it for about 2 weeks and im already down about 6 pounds.

test boosters are the biggest waste of money unless you are older

For those of you with experiences with a drop in libido from AI's, this is not uncommon. I went through a phase where all i wanted to be was huge and muscular a few years back and read more on anabolics and OTC anabolics, AIs, ATDs, and whatever else was out there and this is a common side effect I have read often in bodybuilding forums. Estrogen has been seen to be linked to libido in men and women, this is odd, but I dont know if its always just low estrogen that causes low libido but the ratio between test and estrogen that could cause the drop in sex drive.

To be honest, guys have been running this stuff on stand-alone cycles for a while so this isnt anything new, and most people didnt really see much of anything. A lot of people used them in PCT and noticed how it almost wiped out estrogen too much, and didnt compensate with enough test in time and ended with a estrogen rebound.

Again, this wasnt clincial studies, this is just from reading logs and seeing blood work online. It will lower estrogen, but most people don't see huge gains from it. I would imagine one would drop some h20 weight with the lower estrogen. THen again who knows maybe some people will respond great to it. You never know with this kind of stuff.

Your nuts start failing you after the age of 25 brotha.

KK. is this the age you might want to start supplementing with a test booster? i was told by a reputable source (jason zapponi western canada ISS rep) that i should not bother trying to boost my testosterone till i am about 30. any idea if there is a certain age when testosterone levels starts to drop off?

The start declining around 23 to 24, although it is extremely gradual. I have used PH and AAs in the past, and I am 31 now. haven't used either in two years time. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have used either of those until about this point in my life and training. Just my opinion.

The start declining around 23 to 24, although it is extremely gradual. I have used PH and AAs in the past, and I am 31 now. haven't used either in two years time. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have used either of those until about this point in my life and training. Just my opinion.

23 or 24 :icon_cry2

Im wondering about the study KK mentioned. They said they used four doses per day (72mg). Is that a total of 72mg or 72*4mg used daily? I noticed that on the bottle it says 1 capsule is 60mg. Im trying to figure out how much of the stuff one would need to take for it to be effective(according to the study)

I respect the hell out of you and your knowledge, but this is totally wrong man. You need estrogen for libido and hard on functions. That's why people on huge doses of non-aromatizing steroids are limp as shit unless they shoot test with thier other gear. You've heard of Deca-dick, right?

Don't know why I never saw this before, but there's some conflicting information so I think it depends on individual physiology. For instance, a lot of males with either elevated estrogen congenially or decreasing test to the degree where estrogen is higher than testosterone, experience problems getting it up.

I myself use the Novedex XT by Gaspari (which checks out to work in studies) and have better libido when taking it.

Back