first fight

patferrari

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
lost my first fight to a close decision

29-28 but happy with my performance, back to the gym to focus on my cardio. i think i landed the more clean shots but him holding me to the cage and holding me to the clinch won him the fight. we got fight of the night and im happy with my performance.

back to grind and hopefully fighting again on nov 24th

www.facebook.com/100003788717030/videos/1360810777388533/

Last edited:

29-28 but happy with my performance, back to the gym to focus on my cardio. i think i landed the more clean shots but him holding me to the cage and holding me to the clinch won him the fight. we got fight of the night and im happy with my performance.

Don't give up, you trained hard and tried your best. If you didn't back down and stayed in their whole being tired, you are a warrior.

But no offense, but you might want to cut some more fat because (for some odd reason it says the video is not available), but I'm going to go on a wild guess and say that your bodyweight might've been countereffective in their.

But your sparring videos looked good, so I don't see why you can't improve a little more and get that w then next time around.

Don't give up, you trained hard and tried your best. If you didn't back down and stayed in their whole being tired, you are a warrior.

But no offense, but you might want to cut some more fat because (for some odd reason it says the video is not available), but I'm going to go on a wild guess and say that your bodyweight might've been countereffective in their.

But your sparring videos looked good, so I don't see why you can't improve a little more and get that w then next time around.

oh im working on it man no doubt about it and im gonna try posting it again

my last fight i weighted in at 367 this time i was at 347 so im cutting weight but im gonna continue gathering up experience as i go along. gonna try reposting video hopefully it works.

the fight wasnt too bad, i landed more than he did, mainly counter left hooks and a few straights. i did not throw any kicks as i was told he likes to grapple so i did not want to get taken down and wanted to keep the fight standing.. and as far as giving up no where close in my mind to giving up. i had a good fight and lost to a guy who already had 3 and was my first one so im happy with my performance, back to training after a few days off as my legs are sore. no marks on my face though. gonna dm you the link.

we had fight of the night and a close fight so im happy and back to grinding to get better and improve my cardio

oh im working on it man no doubt about it and im gonna try posting it again

my last fight i weighted in at 367 this time i was at 347 so im cutting weight but im gonna continue gathering up experience as i go along. gonna try reposting video hopefully it works.

the fight wasnt too bad, i landed more than he did, mainly counter left hooks and a few straights. i did not throw any kicks as i was told he likes to grapple so i did not want to get taken down and wanted to keep the fight standing.. and as far as giving up no where close in my mind to giving up. i had a good fight and lost to a guy who already had 3 and was my first one so im happy with my performance, back to training after a few days off as my legs are sore. no marks on my face though. gonna dm you the link.

we had fight of the night and a close fight so im happy and back to grinding to get better and improve my cardio

Yeah I believe you, you know heres a suggestion, you should try doing some really good endurance training, like football drills or some movement drills with a weighted vest. I don't know what you were doing before, this might help you already look faster then you weigh, so this should boost your movement, and your ability to use weight distribution.

Yeah I believe you, you know heres a suggestion, you should try doing some really good endurance training, like football drills or some movement drills with a weighted vest. I don't know what you were doing before, this might help you already look faster then you weigh, so this should boost your movement, and your ability to use weight distribution.

thank you i willl add that to my list

before the fight i was doing this

20 second sprints, 40 second jog 8 sets.

followed by stationary bike 30 second full cycle speed 30 second jog 10 resistance

and ended with elliptical 45 seconds max and 45 seconds easy

thank you i willl add that to my list

before the fight i was doing this

20 second sprints, 40 second jog 8 sets.

followed by stationary bike 30 second full cycle speed 30 second jog 10 resistance

and ended with elliptical 45 seconds max and 45 seconds easy

Yeah that's good, looks like you were focusing more on cardio for this fight. That's smart, and you already had the striking experience before hand so that's why you landed more shots.

Yeah that's good, looks like you were focusing more on cardio for this fight. That's smart, and you already had the striking experience before hand so that's why you landed more shots.

yea at the end of the fight he was deff more tired than i was, but he was strong and able to hold me up against the cage, needless he dint do much once there but got him the points.

i was throwing heavy left and right hooks to the body that landed flush

yea at the end of the fight he was deff more tired than i was, but he was strong and able to hold me up against the cage, needless he dint do much once there but got him the points.

i was throwing heavy left and right hooks to the body that landed flush

Yeah mma judges will always give more points for grappling, if he took you to the ground I think he would've had even more of an advantage or just scored way more points then you.

You were closely matched up, better luck next time , it was only your first fight.

You were closely matched up, better luck next time , it was only your first fight.

Yeah they were, their was just one difference and that is pat had more training in striking. The first round could've gone either way. The 2nd round pat caught on to his opponents rhythm, and started landing more shots. The 3rd round I'm going to watch in a little bit once I'm not preoccupied.

www.facebook.com/100003788717030/videos/1360810777388533/
Not sure if your looking for advice but nice job. What I noticed was that at 15:38 you had an opportunity to get a really deep underhook but didn't. Other than that just throw more combos, to many single strikes for my taste. I'm jealous though, that looked fun.

Not sure if your looking for advice but nice job. What I noticed was that at 15:38 you had an opportunity to get a really deep underhook but didn't. Other than that just throw more combos, to many single strikes for my taste. I'm jealous though, that looked fun.

You'll get your chance, everybody in this forum who hasn't fought yet will get the chance to fight. That is if no bad luck happens.

Yep, and i realized that in the moment too and tried a outside leg trip, i think if i had secured that takedown it would of won me the fight, and for sure i was throwing way to many single punches but im happy and it was a fucking blast, you can see from my walkout i was in the zone. Thank you for the comments guys

Man, first of all congrats on the first fight. But honestly I think you were not ready.

There is a lot to work on.
I can comment only on your boxing, beside learning to check these low kicks. Dude was throwing lame low kicks they had to be checked and counter-attacked. Easiest counter - check lame low kick, answer with a combo starting with a left hook.
First your stance is too squared for someone that wants to punch, pay some real attention to your stance.
Second you have no defensive mechanisms build in, it is like every punch or kick they throw is going to land.
Get more down, bend these knees, work of that jab, work going to the sides with it.
Work on footwork = at least going back to escape attacks in order to reset and start your own.

I do not want to discourage, but I have never fought but if this guy fought me like this, my 80 kg body would pressure and overwhelm him, just by making him move around. I actually spar a guy often that has your build. He is trouble only when I decide to give him chance to work and go inside him (I go inside as to practice may inside game against heavier and stronger guy, practice that clinch and defence).

Now lastly you can improve drastically on the physical side. And no I do not mean the fat. No shame in being fat or a big man. I was once too. But you seem weak, unbalanced with a bad cardio and no conditioning on these shoulders and feet.
Best way to improve is to really add some strength training. Work on the heavy bag for shoulder conditioning. Do not skip road work and jump rope.

Looking from the bright side - you can only improve

Last edited:
so i found out there was about 2,000 people at the event and pay per view was sold to watch fights online...so i was on a pay per view thats a preety cool thing to be able to say lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back