Flair VS Foley

In fairness, if Flair sneezes, he starts bleeding.

Don't forget about him getting "iced" in TNA. What a terrible stint that was.

Don't forget about him getting "iced" in TNA. What a terrible stint that was.

Oh yeah, I remember that, when he was a member of "FOURtune"... the SEVEN man faction known as FOURtune.

But then they changed some things round, some guys left, others joined and they got a new theme, with the lyrics, modelled after AJ Styles' them, "We are, We are... THE FOURTUNE FOUR"... with FIVE members.

Terrible Nonexistant Arithmetic.

I've never been much of a Flair fan, and he seems like a douchebag. Other than the 92 Rumble, there are probably a dozen (or more) Foley matches I'd re-watch before a Flair match. My favorite Flair moment was the nWo slamming the cage door on his stupid head at War Games and then they showed him with the funnel up his nose.

Flair's the most overrated wrestler of all time. Some call him the GOAT; he might crack the top 10 at best. He's a good worker, cuts a good promo, and had a cool gimmick, but has the same match with everyone, and every promo sounds the same. Probably the most interesting feud he had was with Mach leading into Mania 8.

RE the initial 1999 -2005 Flair / Foley heat, Foley completely outclasses, out thinks and sums up the issues wonderfully in a ROH Straight Shooting video. Basically, Flair never had any business calling Foley "just" a stunt man considering he helped breathe new life into Undertaker (which enabled him to adjust his style completely, frankly to what it turned out to be constantly) he also basically made HHH and ROck viable. He was also chosen to work against Austin straight after Steve's big title run for several months. So it's invalid criticism from crazy Flair vs valid points on historical record from Foley.

Flair was always lucky Foley was too classy never to bring his divorces and fiscal probelms into the debte, because he would have been articulate enough to ruin Flair. Whooo

Why would bringing up personal problems ruin anyone but the guy bringing it up?

Why would bringing up personal problems ruin anyone but the guy bringing it up?

Because we aren't all progressive, can do no wrong Internet posters in real life.

Whilst it would be a source of embarrassment for Flair. How he can't keep a marriage, is broke after being a top guy in the industry in the span of 5 decades, got his ass kicked by his own daughter, and is a full blown alcoholic, if Foley brought that up, he'd look a whole lot worse.

Because Flair's criticisms are "Foley's a glorified stuntman, he never learned how to work, so he just did stupid shit to make people care about him, and made it look like any idiot could do this, and I trained too hard for it to be made to look like any idiot could do it".

Foley going personal, he loses the argument because he went for ad hominems.

I'd hit the low blow, pin him with my feet on the ropes.

#Heel

But, you don't actually win the argument, you lose the argument, because you couldn't counter his points.

Case in point, I've talked about this before. Two guys I know had a disagreement about something, one of them had nothing for the other guy, and just said "You're just an idiot, no wonder your dad killed himself". He didn't win the argument, got his ass kicked, and received no sympathy for having to go to the hospital for it.

Flair being flair.

Flair's been in 8 matches rated 5 stars by Meltzer.

That's debatable.

8TBtcOb.jpg

/debate

But, you don't actually win the argument, you lose the argument, because you couldn't counter his points.

Case in point, I've talked about this before. Two guys I know had a disagreement about something, one of them had nothing for the other guy, and just said "You're just an idiot, no wonder your dad killed himself". He didn't win the argument, got his ass kicked, and received no sympathy for having to go to the hospital for it.

Except Foley already won the argument as noted above. This would just be spiking the ball by then throwing in, "but I guess we shouldn't expect a lucid, rational critique from a drunk who ..."

Back