Law Florida Republicans: "Sexually harassing teens in the workplace is ok"

"Its just clickbait" - people who can't stop clicking on it or interacting in here.

That's a "sneer quote" being as I attributed it to more than one person to encompass a general tone as opposed to each person's actual words.

Not that I don't think you're smart enough to realize that, but just in case others her butt-hurt.
"Sneer quote"...LOL.

It's just low IQ trolling. Don't try to dress it up.

"Its just clickbait" - people who can't stop clicking on it or interacting in here.

That's a "sneer quote" being as I attributed it to more than one person to encompass a general tone as opposed to each person's actual words.

Not that I don't think you're smart enough to realize that, but just in case others her butt-hurt.

It's D-Tier thread making and you know it. You're a smart feller.

I agree that employers should be tracking this type of issue. It should be a requirement to operate a business and hire staff. Shouldn't matter how old they are.

Either way, if something is this critical for people to have access to there should be other easy-to-find ways to get the data for anyone who wants it. I suspect there'd be a few customers who would want to know about this type of issue so they could decide if they wanted to continue supporting the businesses involved.
I think the purpose of this thread is to point out lawmaker hypocrisy. Like, we’ve gotta make sure trannies aren’t allowed to read to kids or whatever, as if parents can’t just not take their kids to tranny reading hour even more easily than researching some place of business‘s sexual misbehavior record.

If you don't see the difference in a kid changing their gender and hiding it from their parents then ypu are the one with the problem.

So you think teachers should be required by law to inform parents if they suspect one of their students is gay, but don't think employers should need to inform the parents if their child is being sexually harassed at work.

That's hypocrisy. Thanks for playing.

So you think teachers should be required by law to inform parents if they suspect one of their students is gay, but don't think employers should need to inform the parents if their child is being sexually harassed at work.

Where did I say or the law say if they suspect. The only thing they should have to report is if the student tells the school they are changing there gender.

Go back and read my post I said the parents should be informed if the sexual harassment is reported and documented. No suspected maybe sexual harassment.

So you fucked up and were not even watching much less scoring any kind of point.

But let's actually play the game. The Republicans should have supported the amendment in exchange for the requirement that the employer has to inform the parents if they suspect the minor employee is gay or not acting according to their birth gender or any possible exposure of exposure to this.

So if there is a trans or gay person they may or are in any way exposed to or in contact with it must be reported to the parents.

Same applies for sexual harassment in any form.

Last edited:
Still have no idea why anyone would object to this besides partisan bullshit.

Oh it's very clear when you pull back the curtain and look who wrote the bill (which was essentially submitted verbatim to the legislature).

A billionaire-backed conservative think tank is trying to roll back Florida child labor law

Remember, it's about “Youth Worker Freedom”. You know, the freedom to work the night shift and go to school when you're done, or work more than 8 hours on a school day, or more than 6 days a week as a 16 year old. The freedom for companies to brush any harassment that has gone on at their business under the rug, so parents of potential teen employees don't hear about it.

Where did I say or the law say if they suspect. The only thing they should have to report is if the student tells the school they are changing there gender.

Go back and read my post I said the parents should be informed if the sexual harassment is reported and documented. No suspected maybe sexual harassment.

So you fucked up and were not even watching much less scoring any kind of point.

What the fuck are you on about timmy?

But let's actually play the game. The Republicans should have supported the amendment in exchange for the requirement that the employer has to inform the parents if they suspect the minor employee is gay or not acting according to their birth gender or any possible exposure of exposure to this.

So if there is a trans or gay person they may or are in any way exposed to or in contact with it must be reported to the parents.

Same applies for sexual harassment in any form.

The republican justification for forcing teacher, by law, to report on gender and sexuality information about a student, to their parent, was the standard "we have to stop letting schools sexualize the kids!!!!"

Yet when talking about instances of people actually being sexually inappropriate with kids at the workplace, your fine with it being kept hush hush so long as the company "handles it."

If you can't see the hypocrisy in this you are either a partisan or an idiot.

Next time, don't lie in the thread title and people won't call you on it.

How would you categorize putting more teens into employment situations with a higher likelihood of sexual harassment while simultaneously blocking an amendment that would make it easier for parents to screen out businesses that have a history of it while trying to choose a safe place for their kids to work?

I think the purpose of this thread is to point out lawmaker hypocrisy. Like, we’ve gotta make sure trannies aren’t allowed to read to kids or whatever, as if parents can’t just not take their kids to tranny reading hour even more easily than researching some place of business‘s sexual misbehavior record.
I think you're giving it way too much credit . . . ;)

If we're supposed to discuss sort of thing fine, but wouldn't you think reasonable questions being asked here wouldn't be completely ignored because they might cause folks to realize that many of the main complaints aren't legit?

Where is this even mentioned in the article from the OP? It says NOTHING about notifications not happening.

"Thanks for playing" . . . . <{nope}>

What the fuck are you on about timmy?

The republican justification for forcing teacher, by law, to report on gender and sexuality information about a student, to their parent, was the standard "we have to stop letting schools sexualize the kids!!!!"

Yet when talking about instances of people actually being sexually inappropriate with kids at the workplace, your fine with it being kept hush hush so long as the company "handles it."

If you can't see the hypocrisy in this you are either a partisan or an idiot.

So you ignore the content of my posts. I gave an example of something basically simple flirting and said that doesn't need to be reported to the parents. Then I said that if it required any actions on the part of management other then a simple verbal caution the parents should be informed.

Then you don't want to talk about the other possible exposures of the minors maybe the parents should be informed of, because you don't want them to have that information.

I think you're giving it way too much credit . . . ;)

If we're supposed to discuss sort of thing fine, but wouldn't you think reasonable questions being asked here wouldn't be completely ignored because they might cause folks to realize that many of the main complaints aren't legit?
Well, hey, I didn’t ignore your question, if that helps.

Whether it’s about notification when something happens, or about keeping records and making that information available, focusing on this distinction seems like semantics and just distracts from the point.

Which is that a Florida gop that markets itself as the protector of kids’ virtue has shown again that it values something more. And that something is either corporate greed or politics, or both. Probably both.

We’ve already agreed that politicians gonna politician, so I’m not trying to start a long back and forth about whether team blue or team red is worse. Just saying, it’s good to call these people out when it happens, imo.

Well, hey, I didn’t ignore your question, if that helps.
giphy.gif

In this thread we witnessed a "shark jumping" from liberalism to bullshit nothingburger lol

In this thread we witnessed a bunch of right wingers carrying water for billionaires at the expense of children. Real classy.

What is with all these GOP states rolling back child labor?
Alabama just got busted have 13 year olds working heavy machinery and getting injured and their AG covered it up.
The Poultry industry is the worst with exploiting and killing children. Nobody seems to give a shit that kids are dying.
Article below if it does not piss you off, you have no soul.
If you want to be considered a 1st world country, you should not be making it easier to take advantage of child labor.
I have no problem with teenagers working, I have one that does(less than 15 hours a week), but making kids work over night, if they have school, or working heavy machinery, is catering to corporations while sacrificing our children.
they are selling it as an anti liberal leftist college thing. giving younger kids access to the work environment and training for good jobs. its despicable and disgusting and one of the few things that really angers me.

also every kind of depravity will take place when you stick kids in workplaces with adults. its just a recipe for abuse and exploitation on all levels.

Back