Law Florida Republicans: "Sexually harassing teens in the workplace is ok"

What the fuck are you blabbering about?
I was responding to a person who was acting like it’s no big deal to call an underage girl cutie.
And now you’re here trying to to do the same. Disgusting.
More of that lack of nuance or context. Nobody said anything of the sort. Embarrassing bro.

What is with all these GOP states rolling back child labor?
Alabama just got busted have 13 year olds working heavy machinery and getting injured and their AG covered it up.
The Poultry industry is the worst with exploiting and killing children. Nobody seems to give a shit that kids are dying.
Article below if it does not piss you off, you have no soul.
If you want to be considered a 1st world country, you should not be making it easier to take advantage of child labor.
I have no problem with teenagers working, I have one that does(less than 15 hours a week), but making kids work over night, if they have school, or working heavy machinery, is catering to corporations while sacrificing our children.

Last edited:
<Kpop01>

Lol WTF? How forced was that silly argument? You're all over the road here. Who told that local restaurant owners are a bunch of billionaires?

They already have a steady stream of "low paid workforce" with illegals that you advocate bringing in, doing low paid work that should be for teenagers and dependents instead of crying that you can't support a family of 8 with a dish washer job.

Minors in the "hospitality industry" wash dishes and bus tables, it's already illegal to hire them as bartenders who flirt with customers for tips.

If you're talking about a job at Disney, who would be the only "billionaires" they could work for, they most certainly aren't "republican donors", but I would support a bill requiring Disney to post their history of child grooming and exploitation whenever families buy anything from them.

This lady's biggest concern is teenagers taking jobs from illegals, and somehow high school students getting jobs made her think of sex with kids.
You're just proving you didn't read the article in the OP.

From the article:

But Chaney and industry groups like the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association — a state affiliate of the anti-union National Restaurant Association, representing industry giants like McDonald's (a repeat violator of child labor law), Olive Garden, the Walt Disney Co., Universal Orlando and other restaurant and hotel owners.

Yea, just mom and pop companies like McDonalds and the Olive Garden.

And also from the article:

A spokesperson for the FRLA previously told Orlando Weekly that their support for the bill is also driven by a labor shortage in the hospitality industry, which is predominantly low-wage and therefore not the most enticing option for workers struggling to make ends meet for themselves or their families

So instead of raising wages to attract workers they've lobbied REPUBLICANS to roll back child labor laws to fill their ranks with teens. Disgusting.

If you actually read what she said, there's good reason why she's concerned about sexual harassment with 16 year olds being used to fill these positions...

"The EEOC reports that the top two industries for sexual harassment charges are accommodation and food services, and retail trade, making up around 25% of all reports. The following are statistics from those industries"

https://safer-america.com/industries-with-the-most-sexual-harassment-reports/

Read the article next time dumbass.

What is with all these GOP states rolling back child labor?
Alabama just got busted have 13 years working heavy machinery and getting injured and their AG covered it up.
The Poultry industry is the worst with exploiting and killing children. Nobody seems to give a shit that kids are dying.
Article below if it does not piss you off, you have no soul.
If you want to be considered a 1st world country, you should not be making it easier to take advantage of child labor.
I have no problem with teenagers working, I have one that does(less than 15 hours a week), but making kids work over night, if they have school, or working heavy machinery, is catering to corporations while sacrificing our children.

No no no, the REAL issue is how people title threads.

The story says the proposed amendment below that mentioned maintaining the record and making it available to parents wasn't approved. Is parental notification just assumed to also not be approved? I didn't see parental notification mentioned.

"Six amendments proposed by Democrats, including language requiring businesses that employ 16- and 17-year-olds to maintain a record of workplace sexual harassment incidents and provide that to their parents, were shot down by the subcommittee’s Republican majority."

I read this like they didn't need to keep the record and make it available if a parent asks for it. Not that they couldn't or wouldn't inform the parent about the incident.
Yeah, reads to me like there’s nothing about notifying or not notifying a victim’s parents. It’s saying records have to be kept and provided to potential employees’ parents if requested. Still have no idea why anyone would object to this besides partisan bullshit.

Why do you keep trying to turn this into an underage girl being okay with getting hit on at work? It's getting kinda creepy.

So now you just troll and deflect and just bullshit.

Or maybe, perhaps you actually are that stupid.

Yeah, reads to me like there’s nothing about notifying or not notifying a victim’s parents. It’s saying records have to be kept and provided to potential employees’ parents if requested. Still have no idea why anyone would object to this besides partisan bullshit.
I guess one of my other questions is would the employer's records be the only option for parents or other people to find out these issues? Seems weird that it would be.

Isn't partisan junk the main reason politicians object to things these days?

FLorida just OK'd the death penalty for child sex offenders.
Now this I agree with.

I guess one of my other questions is would the employer's records be the only option for parents or other people to find out these issues? Seems weird that it would be.

Isn't partisan junk the main reason politicians object to things these days?
First question, I'm sure it's not, but it still seems like a no-brainer to make it simple for parents, and to put pressure on employers to police that shit (especially if we're saying teens can work longer hours, later nights, etc. Which I don't really object to, btw).
Also, it's not like Florida doesn't already do a bunch of stuff just to show everyone what they think on this issue, even if it is meaningless posturing.

Second question, yes, probably.

Show me where the quote in the thread title came from.
Why assume I was referring to you with my comment? If you bothered to read my other comments in this thread you'd already know that answer. But I'll answer you anyway . . . . I never said the quote from the thread title was accurate or came from anywhere other than @Sinister's mind.

Why assume I was referring to you with my comment? If you bothered to read my other comments in this thread you'd already know that answer. But I'll answer you anyway . . . . I never said the quote from the thread title was accurate or came from anywhere other than @Sinister's mind.
Its clickbait. I wasn't accusing you.

Now this I agree with.

First question, I'm sure it's not, but it still seems like a no-brainer to make it simple for parents, and to put pressure on employers to police that shit (especially if we're saying teens can work longer hours, later nights, etc. Which I don't really object to, btw).
Also, it's not like Florida doesn't already do a bunch of stuff just to show everyone what they think on this issue, even if it is meaningless posturing.

Second question, yes, probably.
I agree that employers should be tracking this type of issue. It should be a requirement to operate a business and hire staff. Shouldn't matter how old they are.

Either way, if something is this critical for people to have access to there should be other easy-to-find ways to get the data for anyone who wants it. I suspect there'd be a few customers who would want to know about this type of issue so they could decide if they wanted to continue supporting the businesses involved.

Its clickbait. I wasn't accusing you.
giphy.gif

"Its just clickbait" - people who can't stop clicking on it or interacting in here.

That's a "sneer quote" being as I attributed it to more than one person to encompass a general tone as opposed to each person's actual words.

Not that I don't think you're smart enough to realize that, but just in case others get butt-hurt.

Last edited:
Back