Law Florida Republicans: "Sexually harassing teens in the workplace is ok"

Welcome back.

<BC1>

Yes, I am both brack1s and Queen B. Sinister is Queen B also. Queen B is like voldemort - both Sinister and I are a horcrux for Queen B. We share a soul and as long as we live, Queen B will never die. We are conducting the greatest psyop that the internet has ever seen.

Inspecting kid's genitals and putting kids back in the coal mines to own the libs.

I mean . . . if democrats want to include 18 and 19 year-olds as "children" to bulk up their firearm death numbers what's the problem with her take on kids who work?

We were all 16 at some point and wanted to work as many hours as possible to save money.
I'm surprised they aren't proposing to up the age from 19 to 37...

Context bud, context. If you think an 18 year old adult calling a 17 year old cutie is some deplorable act you need to wake the fuck up.

Yeah, as a parent I’d be more concerned about an 18 year making those comments to my underage daughter than a 40 year old.

Jesus Christ dude, an adult calling a 17 year old cutie is definitely wrong. They’re hitting on an underage girl.
The only adult that should be calling a 17 year old cutie is their grandma.

Yea that 18 year old working with her or comes in and says something like that is realy a bad guy and should have the police called on him.

Are you and your followers realy this stupid.

An 18 or even a 17 year old Co worker saying that could be sexual harassment, depending on if she liked it or not. It would also apply to a 17 or 18 or younger customer.

Your and your followers automatically go to some old guy doing it. Then even that it depends on the context.

Yes, I am both brack1s and Queen B. Sinister is Queen B also. Queen B is like voldemort - both Sinister and I are a horcrux for Queen B. We share a soul and as long as we live, Queen B will never die. We are conducting the greatest psyop that the internet has ever seen.
Try not to get banned again!

How's it feel carrying water for billionaires who are explicitly trying to weaken child labor laws to gain access to a larger low paid workforce?

This amendment was to attempt to put some guard rails on this bill by requiring employers to keep a history of sexual harassment incidents at their company which would be available to PARENTS so that they could make an informed choice on whether it would be a safe place to allow their child to work.

Why is this important? Because the service and hospitality industries (the exact Republican donors pushing this bill) have some of the highest rates of sexual harassment in the country.

Florida Republicans shot it down with zero discussion.

So they're complicit in trying to push thousands of teens into jobs that historically have some of the highest rates of harassment with no protections while simultaneously weakening child labor laws. All at the behest of billionaires.

What could go wrong?

And that's what your defending.
<Kpop01>

Lol WTF? How forced was that silly argument? You're all over the road here. Who told that local restaurant owners are a bunch of billionaires?

They already have a steady stream of "low paid workforce" with illegals that you advocate bringing in, doing low paid work that should be for teenagers and dependents instead of crying that you can't support a family of 8 with a dish washer job.

Minors in the "hospitality industry" wash dishes and bus tables, it's already illegal to hire them as bartenders who flirt with customers for tips.

If you're talking about a job at Disney, who would be the only "billionaires" they could work for, they most certainly aren't "republican donors", but I would support a bill requiring Disney to post their history of child grooming and exploitation whenever families buy anything from them.

This lady's biggest concern is teenagers taking jobs from illegals, and somehow high school students getting jobs made her think of sex with kids.

Yea that 18 year old working with her or comes in and says something like that is realy a bad guy and should have the police called on him.

Are you and your followers realy this stupid.

An 18 or even a 17 year old Co worker saying that could be sexual harassment, depending on if she liked it or not. It would also apply to a 17 or 18 or younger customer.

Your and your followers automatically go to some old guy doing it. Then even that it depends on the context.

What is this country coming to when you can’t even sexual harass underage people at work anymore?
It doesn’t matter if the person is 18 or 80, sexual harassment has no place in the workplace.

What is this country coming to when you can’t even sexual harass underage people at work anymore?
It doesn’t matter if the person is 18 or 80, sexual harassment has no place in the workplace.

Do you understand how sexual harassment works. It sounds like you got called out and are trying to make excuses for it.

Pretty funny how pretty much every "omg da kidz!!" Red State are working very hard to roll back child labor protections. However this should jump out in the land of "don't discuss anything sexual in schools"...Florida Democrat Angie Nixon proposed an Amendment that would create a mechanism for accountability for workplace sexual harassment of minors which included notifying the parents of any incident. Every Republican voted against it:

"Six amendments proposed by Democrats, including language requiring businesses that employ 16- and 17-year-olds to maintain a record of workplace sexual harassment incidents and provide that to their parents, were shot down by the subcommittee’s Republican majority."

Florida, where your school is legally required to tell you if your kid says they might be gay or trans, but if their boss is groping them at their after school job, you don't need to know all that.

I thought the GOP in Florida was all in favor of parental notification in regards to mature subject matter like sexual harassment.

With that said, there is a big discussion we are not having in regards to child labor in the US. Due to the current economy, I have many more students currently working due to having to help pay for family bills than I have in the past. I have a feeling many of these bills in state legislatures are due to a reaction to kid being employed keeping families in apartments and keeping food on the table.

Plus, there are some industries....cough...agriculture...cough...that is allowed to ignore many child labor laws. So, you could have a high school kid work at a food processing plant (legally under the umbrella of agriculture) until after midnight and not be breaking the law.

We are no longer an economy where kids' income comes from being a paperboy, mowing lawns, and babysitting. We are now an economy where teens are working industrial jobs to keep their family in their home.

Do you understand how sexual harassment works. It sounds like you got called out and are trying to make excuses for it.

What the fuck are you blabbering about?
I was responding to a person who was acting like it’s no big deal to call an underage girl cutie.
And now you’re here trying to to do the same. Disgusting.

What the fuck are you blabbering about?
I was responding to a person who was acting like it’s no big deal to call an underage girl cutie.

So if some 18 year old boy she knows and like tells a 17 year old girl she is cute it's sexual harassment.

Is this actually your belief. Maybe you had better step back and think a minute.

Their supervisor at work my talk to them if it's distracting from their job.

It's not sexual harassment if she is fine with it and even likes it and maybe encourages it.

They very well maybe only a few months apart in age.

So in this case if you go by the training because she likes the attention unless he is in a management position with her working for him it's not sexual harassment.

So if some 18 year old boy she knows and like tells a 17 year old girl she is cute it's sexual harassment.

Is this actually your belief. Maybe you had better step back and think a minute.

Their supervisor at work my talk to them if it's distracting from their job.

It's not sexual harassment if she is fine with it and even likes it and maybe encourages it.

They very well maybe only a few months apart in age.

So in this case if you go by the training because she likes the attention unless he is in a management position with her working for him it's not sexual harassment.

Why do you keep trying to turn this into an underage girl being okay with getting hit on at work? It's getting kinda creepy.

Why do you keep trying to turn this into an underage girl being okay with getting hit on at work? It's getting kinda creepy.
Why are others ignoring questions about the stupidity and incorrect information in the OP?

Were you ever employed at 18 and made an inappropriate comment to a 17 year-old of the opposite sex?

Why are people asking about parents being notified when it's not in the article?

Am I on ignore?

giphy.gif

Back