Law Florida Republicans: "Sexually harassing teens in the workplace is ok"

Pretty funny how pretty much every "omg da kidz!!" Red State are working very hard to roll back child labor protections. However this should jump out in the land of "don't discuss anything sexual in schools"...Florida Democrat Angie Nixon proposed an Amendment that would create a mechanism for accountability for workplace sexual harassment of minors which included notifying the parents of any incident. Every Republican voted against it:

"Six amendments proposed by Democrats, including language requiring businesses that employ 16- and 17-year-olds to maintain a record of workplace sexual harassment incidents and provide that to their parents, were shot down by the subcommittee’s Republican majority."

Florida, where your school is legally required to tell you if your kid says they might be gay or trans, but if their boss is groping them at their after school job, you don't need to know all that.

You're such a tard

That's not what that bill is about at all. It has to do with removing restrictions on the hours teens can work.

lol...

Gotta love a forum that has trolls for mods who make threads with bannable offenses in the title.

"Their boss groping teens at their after school job" is a criminal offense. I thought we'd all agreed that sending that person to prison and putting them on the sex offender registry was the punishment, and not just telling them to call the kid's mom and say "in accordance with amendment ___, I am calling to inform you that I groped your teenager at work today. Welp, see ya later". I'm quite sure that if a boss isn't complying with actual criminal law against raping minors, they probably aren't going to be very concerned about avoiding a fine for not calling the rape victim's mom to tell her about it.

The bill is for people who are old enough to drive to be able to work whatever hours they want, and for some reason that immediately made the democrat think of children being groped.

<6>

Last edited:
Gotta love a forum that has trolls for mods who make threads with bannable offenses in the title.

"Their boss groping teens at their after school job" is a criminal offense. I thought we'd all agreed that sending that person to prison and putting them on the sex offender registry was the punishment, and not just telling them to call the kid's mom and say "in accordance with amendment ___, I am calling to inform you that I groped your teenager at work today. Welp, see ya later".

And then card you for calling them retarded.

Jesus Christ dude, an adult calling a 17 year old cutie is definitely wrong. They’re hitting on an underage girl.
The only adult that should be calling a 17 year old cutie is their grandma.
An 18 year old is an adult, Einstein. Your statement is low-iq sensationalism.

Dishonest thread title , not surprised it’s a Queen thread

Even less surprising is the focus on a thread title as opposed to Florida Republicans endorsing workplace sexual harassment of teenagers with their vote against mechanism of accountability for businesses where it happens.

"Their boss groping teens at their after school job" is a criminal offense. I thought we'd all agreed that sending that person to prison and putting them on the sex offender registry was the punishment, and not just telling them to call the kid's mom and say "in accordance with amendment ___, I am calling to inform you that I groped your teenager at work today. Welp, see ya later". I'm quite sure that if a boss isn't complying with actual criminal law against raping minors, they probably aren't going to be very concerned about avoiding a fine for not calling the rape victim's mom to tell her about it.

The bill is for people who are old enough to drive to be able to work whatever hours they want, and for some reason that immediately made the democrat think of children being groped.

<6>

How's it feel carrying water for billionaires who are explicitly trying to weaken child labor laws to gain access to a larger low paid workforce?

This amendment was to attempt to put some guard rails on this bill by requiring employers to keep a history of sexual harassment incidents at their company which would be available to PARENTS so that they could make an informed choice on whether it would be a safe place to allow their child to work.

Why is this important? Because the service and hospitality industries (the exact Republican donors pushing this bill) have some of the highest rates of sexual harassment in the country.

Florida Republicans shot it down with zero discussion.

So they're complicit in trying to push thousands of teens into jobs that historically have some of the highest rates of harassment with no protections while simultaneously weakening child labor laws. All at the behest of billionaires.

What could go wrong?

And that's what your defending.

these people cheer for an established rapist and sexual predator to be their leader so you kinda have to expect this from them.

Oh I do, it doesnt matter what I title the thread. The whole first array of posts would still have been "hErE wE gO qUeEn B!!!" And "MoDs R tRoLlz LoL!" And then any post on the actual subject would be some weak-@ss justification for State who dissolved it's own department of labor, has continuous violations of even Federal child labor laws, allows their legislation of child labor to be written by anti-union industry entities who just want more cheap labor in the form if people's kids. Ones who think keeping records of workplace sexual harassment is the responsibility of the f*ckin kid. Because teenagers are historically very responsible when it comes to knowing the relevant laws and and keeping records of the things that happen to them that violate them.

Won't someone think of the children?!? Well, not when it comes to them being sexually abused or working in factories. I mean, won't someone think of their genitals? What kind do they have and what bathroom do they use?!?
You clearly didn't even read the bill as this thread title is dishonest.....and started by a virtue signaling muppet.

How's it feel carrying water for billionaires who are explicitly trying to weaken child labor laws to gain access to a larger low paid workforce?

This amendment was to attempt to put some guard rails on this bill by requiring employers to keep a history of sexual harassment incidents at their company which would be available to PARENTS so that they could make an informed choice on whether it would be a safe place to allow their child to work.

Why is this important? Because the service and hospitality industries (the exact Republican donors pushing this bill) have some of the highest rates of sexual harassment in the country.

Florida Republicans shot it down with zero discussion.

So they're complicit in trying to push thousands of teens into jobs that historically have some of the highest rates of harassment with no protections while simultaneously weakening child labor laws. All at the behest of billionaires.

What could go wrong?

And that's what your defending.

Also wage theft. Sexual harassment and wage theft. Both were brought up at this hearing before the Republican ghoul pushing this bill stated that 16 and 17 year-olds arent children, they're "youth workers" (direct quote).

You clearly didn't even read the bill as this thread title is dishonest.....and started by a virtue signaling muppet.

You didnt even read the article, the protections aren't in the bill, they're proposed amendments. The bill itself is to roll back already existing protections.

It's not dishonest and op already connected the title to the bills content. You just do mental gymnastics to rationalize it.

You didnt even read the article, the protections aren't in the bill, they're proposed amendments. The bill itself is to roll back already existing protections.
I thought you were a Virtue Signaling Van Jones Muppet but didn't think you were a dishonest liar who uses bullcrap click bait....but you are a "Mod" on Sherdog so it makes sense.

If alarm bells don’t go off in your head when someone says hitting on an underage person is no big deal, you might want to do some self reflection.
Context bud, context. If you think an 18 year old adult calling a 17 year old cutie is some deplorable act you need to wake the fuck up.

Florida Republicans endorsing workplace sexual harassment of teenagers with their vote against mechanism of accountability for businesses where it happens.
Where are you getting this? It doesn't say anything about encouraging sexual harassment of anyone. It doesn't relieve the employers from reporting it like they're supposed to do. It seems to just show that the democrats proposed to make the employers document the incidents and make the list available to parents. Not to NOT notify a parent or guardian. Not to NOT report it to the proper authorities (who would also need to notify the parents and maintain a list.)

Now this makes some sense . . . I wonder how many parents actually look into this sort of thing?

Is that the only option available to parents who want to look at the history of various workplaces? Wouldn't those incidents that would make it into this log for parents be available from the proper authorities whether the employer kept it or not?

Also wage theft. Sexual harassment and wage theft. Both were brought up at this hearing before the Republican ghoul pushing this bill stated that 16 and 17 year-olds arent children, they're "youth workers" (direct quote).
I mean . . . if democrats want to include 18 and 19 year-olds as "children" to bulk up their firearm death numbers what's the problem with her take on kids who work?

We were all 16 at some point and wanted to work as many hours as possible to save money.

Back