Floyd interview:

Theres a thread here somewhere where pac gets knocked out cold early in his career against Torrecampo and he was also stopped with a punch to the body.

We're never going to see Pac/Floyd anyway so we'll never know.

There are lots of examples of fighters who struggled early in there career and then went to become unstoppable later on. Anderson Silva comes to mind. And I think Manny was like 17 when he got knocked out.
I'm not saying Pac can't be stopped, he definetly can but i don't think Floyd is the guy who can do it. They better make that fight happen, or I go to MMA.

There are lots of examples of fighters who struggled early in there career and then went to become unstoppable later on. Anderson Silva comes to mind. And I think Manny was like 17 when he got knocked out.
I'm not saying Pac can't be stopped, he definetly can but i don't think Floyd is the guy who can do it. They better make that fight happen, or I go to MMA.
Anyone can get knocked out. No one has a magical leprachaun living in their chin that absorbs the punches for them.

There are also alot of examples of fighters who everyone thought were incredible and unstoppable based on a few great performances that turned out to be... well, not so incredible and unstoppable.

I'm just saying that the matchup is not exactly inferior.

Give me any combo of the three and I'll watch it, but with all the hype, PAc/Floyd is what I'd rather see.

All 3 guys IMO have a legit claim to being the best around 147.

Anyone can get knocked out. No one has a magical leprachaun living in their chin that absorbs the punches for them.

There are also alot of examples of fighters who everyone thought were incredible and unstoppable based on a few great performances that turned out to be... well, not so incredible and unstoppable.

Very festive of you in light of St. Patty's day.

Give me any combo of the three and I'll watch it, but with all the hype, PAc/Floyd is what I'd rather see.

All 3 guys IMO have a legit claim to being the best around 147.

Agreed. I'd love to see Floyd Manny but Mosley Pac is not a step down.

somebody post young david tua against felix savon.

Manny was standing in front of him with his hands half down. He wasn't really trying to defend. It seemed like he was trying to get Clottey to throw. Clottey literally did nothing for that fight. He opened the door when he threw.

This. He was trying to goad Clottey into a fight to find some openings. Can you imagine if Floyd fought clottey? Two counter punchers makes for a boring fight.

This. He was trying to goad Clottey into a fight to find some openings. Can you imagine if Floyd fought clottey? Two counter punchers makes for a boring fight.

good point. who knows though...Clottey may have actually tried.

good point. who knows though...Clottey may have actually tried.

I think he felt Manny's power. He wasn't dancing around after two rounds because Manny did tee off on his body. I think he was more hurt than he let on.

I'm not sure manny is faster than Floyd.

Your logic is definetly reasonable, but one could also say that throwing a huge combo against Floyd just opens you up for counters. Since Floyd fought Castillo everyone just says pressure and punch and you beat Floyd, everyones tried it, everyones lost.

Floyd style is better for countering (and really designed for it) than Clotteys guard is. And while manny is a good puncher with nice angles and good footwork, he also overextends and takes silly chances at times.

So far Manny has been in control in all of his fights at 135 and over but to think Floyd isn't going to be a tougher fight than Cotto or Clottey is foolish.

Pacs not that hard to hit and Floyd is a pretty solid counter puncher with a quick offense when he chooses to use it.

Manny has never fought anyone like Floyd, not even someone a little bit like Floyd but all sorts of fighters have tried to work angles and pressure mayweather ad it doesn't work.

Hi Floyd,

I'm not sure manny is faster than Floyd.

Your logic is definetly reasonable, but one could also say that throwing a huge combo against Floyd just opens you up for counters. Since Floyd fought Castillo everyone just says pressure and punch and you beat Floyd, everyones tried it, everyones lost.

Floyd style is better for countering (and really designed for it) than Clotteys guard is. And while manny is a good puncher with nice angles and good footwork, he also overextends and takes silly chances at times.

So far Manny has been in control in all of his fights at 135 and over but to think Floyd isn't going to be a tougher fight than Cotto or Clottey is foolish.

Pacs not that hard to hit and Floyd is a pretty solid counter puncher with a quick offense when he chooses to use it.

Manny has never fought anyone like Floyd, not even someone a little bit like Floyd but all sorts of fighters have tried to work angles and pressure mayweather ad it doesn't work.

Just like the logic since Marquez countered Pac with his counter punches everybody seems to think thats the best way to beat Pac but the results say. Marquez has never cost any win against Pac

Not Pacquiao's fault that his opponent decided the best game plan would be to mimic a brick wall. He consistently puts on more exciting outings then Floyd does anyway, Floyd is a brilliant technician, but Pac is a great fight and a great showman as well.

pacman is about 10 times the excitment that may is.. but may got a point.. pac got tagged heaps of times..

pacman is about 10 times the excitment that may is.. but may got a point.. pac got tagged heaps of times..

Well, that's kind of what happens when you just throw caution to the wind because your opponent wont exchange with you...

this fight in a nutshell consisted of Manny going all out while Clottey fearfully stayed behind his gloves and chucked a shot every once and while at the care free Pac Man

Pac was trying his hardest to put on a show, I agree with that fully.
but he does still get off balance when he tries to throw from angles, several times he got out of position while he had clottey on the ropes, and clottey was able to just walk the other way off of the ropes because manny had to regain his balance. But I still believe his footwork has drastically improved

Back