Flu Outbreak

Heard on the news Hawaii was the only state that wasn't affected.

If you need a shot to not get the flu you're probably a pussy.

Well, I don't pay for it. I lease space in a hospital building, so they require everyone, including the doctors, the have the shot, and it's provided at no charge. Not buying the conspiracy angle, but it's based upon a guess, it's not meant to protect against every strain of flu.

My health insurance encourages and pays for getting vaccines like the flu, shingles and pneumonia vaccine. When insurance companies will pay for a vaccine, you know they have found it cost effective.

Annnnd I got the flu. Sucks, I never get sick.

More worried about my kids getting it though tbh

I think a major problem in the US is sick people going to work/school. I have had professors and employers tell us straight up, if you are sick don't show up. But a lot of Americans can't even afford a day off much less a week or so. Like people serving you food. I hate sick people in public. And if you are sick, fuckin act like it. Like I was in a restaurant and this guy a table over is sick as a fuckin dog. Why are you here idiot? Stay home and eat. People don't think about anyone else. When I am sick, I act as if I am radioactive. Because I am. I try to protect people from what I got. I said before it is like most people think people get sick by magic fairy dust or something. No precautions. Wipe their noise and touch one of those checkout screens, which a million other people will now touch. One idiot can make an entire store sick.

Yeah, lower wage, hourly, and expendable employees should get paid sick days. That's communism or something though.

Also, a person that with the shittiest health insurance that makes $10/ hour might not want to go spend $30 on a doctor visit just to be told he needs $50 of medicines and to take a week off work -- $500 of shifts -- for something that might get better on its own in a week for free while fucking over everyone else, of course.. But giving that dude a single payer health insurance option is also communism.

Last edited:
Back