FN 101: Whittaker vs. Brunson is the worst card of the year.

There has been some truly awful cards, hopefully they reduce some of them the upcoming Albany and Sacramento cards are terrible too.

awesome for New Zealand/Australia fans, worldwide not so much

A mate already bought tickets to this event for a small group of us about 2 months ago. I don't understand why they didn't try to replace the main-event we lost with some big names. How much fucking money did the UFC make off the last event in Melbourne? Pretty poor form not to come up with a decent replacement fight. Besides the main=-event, you could probably go to a local MMA event of equal quality and name value for alot less money. At-least I only paid for cheap seats. To go from Rousey, Holm, Joanna, Mark Hunt, Big Foot, Uriah Hall, Wittaker and Struve to Whittaker, Brunson and the Aussie Sage is pretty shit.

You're still going to watch it TS

Yeah it's a shame it lost its fantastic main event.

these cards tend to be good because they put more effort into their matches.

The Matthews fight is interesting too but doesn't belong as the co main

Robert Whittaker vs. Derek Brunson
Jake Matthews vs. Andrew Holbrook
Kyle Noke vs. Omari Akhmedov
Yusuke Kasuya vs. Alex Volkanovski
Dan Kelly vs. Chris Camozzi
Damien Brown vs. Jon Tuck
Richard Walsh vs. Joe Meunier
Ben Nguyen vs. Geane Herrera
Dan Hooker vs. Jason Knight
Yao Zhikui vs. Jenel Lausa
Seo Hee Ham vs. Danielle Taylor
Tyson Pedro vs. Khalil Rountree
Marlon Vera vs. Ning Guangyou

No-wiki page fighters, manlets, and a bunch of "who the fook" are these guys. Poor Jenel Lausa is all three! Then you have fighters who have long peaked like Kyle Noke and Chris Camozzi.

Even the most craptastic cards have 3 to 5 fights I have mild to real interest in. Not here. I only have interest in the main event. And this interest is moderate at best.

If you subtract the main event, it's reasonable for some fans to think this was an AXS card.

What poor venue got stiffed with that craptastic card?

It's easily the best, wtf you talking bout homie

This is why you should never stack cards like UFC 205, imo.

Stfu TS. This event is worth top $$$ for Dan Kelly vs. Chris Camozzi alone. Candidate for foty right there.

Honestly there are only 5 names on that card I can connect to faces.

A mate already bought tickets to this event for a small group of us about 2 months ago. I don't understand why they didn't try to replace the main-event we lost with some big names. How much fucking money did the UFC make off the last event in Melbourne? Pretty poor form not to come up with a decent replacement fight. Besides the main=-event, you could probably go to a local MMA event of equal quality and name value for alot less money. At-least I only paid for cheap seats. To go from Rousey, Holm, Joanna, Mark Hunt, Big Foot, Uriah Hall, Wittaker and Struve to Whittaker, Brunson and the Aussie Sage is pretty shit.
UFC have basically killed their next Melbourne event with this shitty card. UFC193 was awesome and on the back of that this sold pretty well despite only 2 decent fights annouced. Now that Rockhold-Jacre wasn't properly replaced with another ranked fight; the next time they come back, I don't think it will do well.

If you're not excited to see Jake Matthews vs. Andrew Holbrook then you're not a real MMA fan.

Hunt was supposed to headline this card and they threw heaps of options at him but he just refused. JDS, Barnett, Lewis etc.

Back