Social For the first time in 20 years, more than half of Americans have a gun in their home

It just means more people will be shot. It's funny, statistics clearly show that if there is a gun in the home someone living there is more likely to be shot. But that doesn't stop the gun huggers believing they are safer with a gun at home.

Gun huggers think their guns are protection, gives them a sense of security. I wonder if people actually exercised more and worked on their bodies a bit, maybe they would not be so scared all the time?

It must be horrible physiologically to be afraid all the time.
Guns locked in safes don't magically get out and shoot people.

And yes, all guns should always be locked and loaded in a safe.

I don’t think the words “rights” and “responsibility” are interchangeable though, that’s what I’m taking issue with.

We have a right to vote, and I think an argument can be made that we also have a responsibility to vote. A responsibility implies to me that it’s a duty of sorts. I don’t think an average American has any sort of duty to our country or Constitution to own a firearm, like I’m not being a good American citizen unless I own a gun or something. That’s how I interpret it anyway, and I take issue with that.

But like you said, the militia clause is very relevant here. Back when states used well regulated militias made up of ordinary citizens for defense, I could see the argument that there’s a responsibility. But that isn’t the case in today’s world.

And I agree, someone with reservations shouldn’t buy a firearm. My dad willed me a gun (or two?) and I suppose I’ll have to do something with them at some point. They’re not in my possession, and that’s by choice. I’d have to buy a gun safe or something for them, clean and maintain them, etc.,and I just don’t have the interest.
A safe is $200.
Lock them away, know how to use them. You will never regret it. And you don't have to clean them, just store em for protection.

It just means more people will be shot. It's funny, statistics clearly show that if there is a gun in the home someone living there is more likely to be shot. But that doesn't stop the gun huggers believing they are safer with a gun at home.

Gun huggers think their guns are protection, gives them a sense of security. I wonder if people actually exercised more and worked on their bodies a bit, maybe they would not be so scared all the time?

It must be horrible physiologically to be afraid all the time.
Guns don’t kill people, people kill people, as is said

Laughing... That's not what its like at all in my part of the country and I was born and raised in urban areas. What you called "Paranoid" we called "Prepared". And I never once seen American Flags on both sides of someone's truck and thought it was strange in fact Patriotism is something that makes me proud when I see it. Going out to a police chiefs house to protest is just stupid as protesting is in general in 2023. Some people are born Poor, Some are born Rich, Some people are born Smart the others are Protesters.
the protestors have too much goddamned time on their hands whether they are black or white. my impression is the real people who have a foot up their ass in this society, they aren't going to go around making themselves more noticeable and their minds are occupied by daily survival. As far as the black protestors, the ones who take the biggest parts in that kind of shit are college educated, upper class kids who really don't know shit about real hardship or survival. That's my observation, seem like their more into the spectacle of the protest rather than altruistic reasons.

sure, and people will turn anything into a weapon, humans aren't really that efficient as killers without the old homo sapien thing with being able to use a tool to kill. so, when it's not a gun, it's a knife, a bat, a bomb a car. Taking guns away would make it a bit less convenient but whackos will find another way.

The black gun owners were smart enough to not answer the question honestly. Just imagine, a random survey person calls you and asks you if you've got a gun in the house and you, trustful little lamb, you say "Oh yeah, I've got tons. I'm ready to water the tree of democracy with the blood of tyrants." Boom, on a government list. Gotta make sure to take you out when the time for tyranny comes. Maybe come a-knocking and put your ass in jail for protecting your family as a felon in a bad neighbourhood.
<45><45><45><45>

Man you yanks are fucking paranoid.

The government is going to knock on 100 million doors...

You even hear yourself?

Guns locked in safes don't magically get out and shoot people.

And yes, all guns should always be locked and loaded in a safe.

What are American laws in regards to guns? Do you need a safe? I thought you can just keep it in a draw or anywhere really.

In Aus you need a safe that's locked to the ground but we only use it for hunting/targets.

Depends on the state. In most of the country there are no safe storage laws. In the places that do have storage laws, a trigger lock typically suffices--you don't need a safe, and the law is normally only enforced when the gun is used illegally by a third party.

The concept that gun owners equate to not being able to handle themselves without a firearm is so odd considering the amount of pro fighters and pro athletes who major gun enthusiasts

Tbch the non normie left has completley given up on gun control and most people arguing for it are elites who are otherwise satsfied with their lives. Like we don't believe people should be allowed to have guns in a society but we don't believe this is a society anymore. The energy that movement had in the early 2010s has dried up completley IMO.

the protestors have too much goddamned time on their hands whether they are black or white. my impression is the real people who have a foot up their ass in this society, they aren't going to go around making themselves more noticeable and their minds are occupied by daily survival. As far as the black protestors, the ones who take the biggest parts in that kind of shit are college educated, upper class kids who really don't know shit about real hardship or survival. That's my observation, seem like their more into the spectacle of the protest rather than altruistic reasons.

This attitude of people resenting the educated for trying to create a better world really bothers me. Only people with free time can go to protests and be subsersive without consequences and many of them can't either. Naturally you wish that everyone would be happy and free but not everyone fits into that category. Also avoiding being like the 9 to 5s is a fear of many people. Just because many educated people aren't in that situation doesn't mean people aren't aware of it. The people who actually are stuck daily survival seem to not be able to make up their minds between being victims and glorifying their suffering and thinking everyone should live that way. It's caused a real cultural rift tbh between many groups of otherwise like minded individuals.

At the end of the day the purpose of protest is to intimidate the govt into doing whatever the larger group of protesters want. The motives of individuals there really aren't relevant numbers help that goal regardless of context. Your trying to apply maximum pressure.

Another thought given how the dominant culture in the West is superficial TMZ consumers I've seen a tendancy that everyone just assumes everyone is a shallow moron. Educated people see non educated people as shallow normies and non educated people see educated people the same exact way. It's actually kind of weird.

This attitude of people resenting the educated for trying to create a better world really bothers me. Only people with free time can go to protests and be subsersive without consequences and many of them can't either. Naturally you wish that everyone would be happy and free but not everyone fits into that category. Also avoiding being like the 9 to 5s is a fear of many people. Just because many educated people aren't in that situation doesn't mean people aren't aware of it. The people who actually are stuck daily survival seem to not be able to make up their minds between being victims and glorifying their suffering and thinking everyone should live that way. It's caused a real cultural rift tbh between many groups of otherwise like minded individuals.

At the end of the day the purpose of protest is to intimidate the govt into doing whatever the larger group of protesters want. The motives of individuals there really aren't relevant numbers help that goal regardless of context. Your trying to apply maximum pressure.

Another thought given how the dominant culture in the West is superficial TMZ consumers I've seen a tendancy that everyone just assumes everyone is a shallow moron. Educated people see non educated people as shallow normies and non educated people see educated people the same exact way. It's actually kind of weird.
no, they're just annoying to me personally because I don't feel they're sincere, same goes for Indians who protest, I think it's often more about them than their "cause". Are they doing it because they are sincere and know the ins and outs of what they are protesting or are they just doing it to be cool and edgy. I've known so many losers and have nots, loved them and have a lot in common with them, I don't know if they want those type of people taking up their cross. so, you can feel how you want. It's narcissism, just like their little stupid hairdo's and their posturings. I'd never want anyone like that "protesting" for me if something happened.

What are American laws in regards to guns? Do you need a safe? I thought you can just keep it in a draw or anywhere really.

In Aus you need a safe that's locked to the ground but we only use it for hunting/targets.
You do not need to have a safe in America.
I have one, and I believe every gun owner should have one.

no, they're just annoying to me personally because I don't feel they're sincere, same goes for Indians who protest, I think it's often more about them than their "cause". Are they doing it because they are sincere and know the ins and outs of what they are protesting or are they just doing it to be cool and edgy. I've known so many losers and have nots, loved them and have a lot in common with them, I don't know if they want those type of people taking up their cross. so, you can feel how you want. It's narcissism, just like their little stupid hairdo's and their posturings. I'd never want anyone like that "protesting" for me if something happened.

But isn't the main beneficary of them not protesting the powerful opposed to your pride and honor? What do you gain from gatekeeping protest which depends on accumulating as many angry people as possible?

But isn't the main beneficary of them not protesting the powerful opposed to your pride and honor? What do you gain from gatekeeping protest which depends on accumulating as many angry people as possible?
no, no, you don't understand, we have a kind of internicine thing, amongst ourselves and although I'm not black, I am indian and we are certainly the same way. We are divided from each other, we don't like each other and we don't see much common between all of us. I recognize it with blacks, but only because I grew up with a black stepdad and around more black people than anything else, but indians too. No way were any of them spending time protesting or gathering, not the ones I knew, a low profile was our main MO. That's a result of true suppression or repression, you don't really want to make yourself obvious so it's a dead giveaway when these dipshits go marching into a hicktown or carrying picket signs. And I can tell you also, I've known many different marginalized folks of all persuasions, white too and all I can say is that if there is one thing I knew as I watched many of these people's lives snuffed out before their times, no one gave a shit. Easy to give a shit when you want to get your face in the news. It's not sincere.

I'm doing my part!

Site is so screwy right now I can't even post the Chuck Norris pic I planned on using in this post. Sigh..........

Back