For Those That Believe Assad Should Regain Power...

KILL KILL

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-forced-to-make-soup-from-grass-a6800811.html

40,000 starving Syrians trapped by Assad regime forced to make soup from grass because they’ve 'eaten every stray cat and dog in the city'

The pictures and video in this article are very telling.

I know there are a few in this forum that believe Assad Should be allowed to regain power once ISIL is ousted. I believe this would be disastrous as he has committed numerous atrocities and alienated himself from his own people (thus why the civil war started in the first place).

Now, his forces have besieged a town, withholding food and supplies from entering. People are literally starving to death.

Middle East gonna Middle East, I guess.
I think that the West should only play a role in anything over there if it is absolutely necessary. Divorcing ourselves from the region should be a top priority..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-forced-to-make-soup-from-grass-a6800811.html

40,000 starving Syrians trapped by Assad regime forced to make soup from grass because they’ve 'eaten every stray cat and dog in the city'

I know there are a few in this forum that believe Assad Should be allowed to regain power once ISIL is ousted. I believe this would be disastrous as he has committed numerous atrocities and alienated himself from his own people (thus why the civil war started in the first place).

Now, his forces have besieged a town, withholding food and supplies from entering. People are literally starving to death.

Sorry, but as long as Assad is only killing his own people, it's not our problem.

The Middle East doesn't do Democracy. Previous attempts by the West to change this have ended badly, to say the least. And as Einstein said, the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

This is so sad. Those kids don't even probably know why they are being starved. This is what happens when people muck around in other people's country.

Was there widespread famine like this before the war? Was Assad doing this prior to all the carnage?

Yet they dont surrender i wonder why?

Sorry, but as long as Assad is only killing his own people, it's not our problem.

The Middle East doesn't do Democracy. Previous attempts by the West to change this have ended badly, to say the least. And as Einstein said, the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

If you think leaving the Middle East alone to "do its thing" without even attempting to bridge talks between groups, opening lines of communication, defining AND addressing international accountability regarding human rights violations, then you Sir, are a Baby Carrot who think he's an astronaut.

1931352_1384111888300274_16195588515171136_n.jpg

Go live on the Moon, baby carrot.

The Earth doesn't need you.

If you think leaving the Middle East alone to "do its thing" without even attempting to bridge talks between groups, opening lines of communication, defining AND addressing international accountability regarding human rights violations, then you Sir, are a Baby Carrot who think he's an astronaut.

1931352_1384111888300274_16195588515171136_n.jpg

Meh. If they're busy killing each other, they're not killing people in the West. And as I pointed out, the world is vastly over-populated anyway. Allowing a certain level of Darwinism to occur is for the greater good, harsh though that may sound.

If IS is eliminated (HUGE "if"), then Assad will be close to winning outright and will have never lost power, so he wouldn't be regaining power, he would be stabilizing power, right?

Who has been arguing that Assad should regain power, anyhow?
The argument I've seen is that the West shouldn't have been interfering to oust Assad and that democratic elections aren't necessarily an improvement in that region (see Iraq, Libya).

Who does the OP see as a realistic better option?

Meh. If they're busy killing each other, they're not killing people in the West. And as I pointed out, the world is vastly over-populated anyway. Allowing a certain level of Darwinism to occur is for the greater good, harsh though that may sound.

Geopolitical "Darwinism" and political corruption doesn't stay contained to borders.

You're still being a carrot.

The only issue I have with the OP, is calling Assad for what he has actually done and that is committed / committing war crimes. He needs to be charged and tried for the slaughter of thousands of innocent civilians. If people that wanted him gone would merely mention the fact he is committing war crimes how could there be any consideration for leaving him in power? Then again the more I read and learn about this quagmire, the more frustrating it becomes.

Geopolitical "Darwinism" and political corruption doesn't stay contained to borders.

You're still being a carrot.

And Western Interventionism always leads to Blow Back. If you still think, after the cluster-fucks that Iraq and Libya turned into, that it's a good idea for the West to get involved in Syria, your IQ is probably lower than the average root vegetable.:rolleyes:

You can always help by jumping off a bridge. ( i kid)

And Western Interventionism always leads to Blow Back. If you still think, after the cluster-fucks that Iraq and Libya turned into, that it's a good idea for the West to get involved in Syria, your IQ is probably lower than the average root vegetable.:rolleyes:

I don't have the answers, but I find a lot of people always want to intervene, and then do an about face, and complain about the costs of war. It's a weird situation.

You can always help by jumping off a bridge. ( i kid)

I'm not kidding. The world's population is north of 7 Billion and rising fast. Compassion is a luxury we cannot afford, I'm afraid. At least not outside our own borders.

I'm not kidding. The world's population is north of 7 Billion and rising fast. Compassion is a luxury we cannot afford, I'm afraid. At least not outside our own borders.
Oh ok well go jump off a bridge then. ( i no kid dis time)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back