For Those That Believe Assad Should Regain Power...

Well I don't consider sanctions to be meaningful support to the rebels, or Saudi Arabia to be part of the West.

Saudi Arabia cant do what it pleases with the green-go from the west.

They cant fight, they cant produce weapons, they cant do shit without a green light.

Saudi Arabia cant do what it pleases with the green-go from the west.

They cant fight, they cant produce weapons, they cant do shit without a green light.
I read WaPo every day and I never heard of this. Tried googling different things, found nothing to back it up. Is it just speculation on your part?

Can't find anything that answers my question, try quoting from the article?

That the US allowed the Saudis to arm terrorists?

A revealing light on how we got here has now been shone by a recently declassified secret US intelligence report, written in August 2012, which uncannily predicts – and effectively welcomes – the prospect of a “Salafist principality” in eastern Syria and an al-Qaida-controlled Islamic state in Syria and Iraq. In stark contrast to western claims at the time, the Defense Intelligence Agency document identifies al-Qaida in Iraq (which became Isis) and fellow Salafists as the “major forces driving the insurgency in Syria” – and states that “western countries, the Gulf states and Turkey” were supporting the opposition’s efforts to take control of eastern Syria.

Raising the “possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality”, the Pentagon report goes on, “this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want, in order to isolate the Syrian regime, which is considered the strategic depth of the Shia expansion (Iraq and Iran)”.

That the US allowed the Saudis to arm terrorists?

A revealing light on how we got here has now been shone by a recently declassified secret US intelligence report, written in August 2012, which uncannily predicts – and effectively welcomes – the prospect of a “Salafist principality” in eastern Syria and an al-Qaida-controlled Islamic state in Syria and Iraq. In stark contrast to western claims at the time, the Defense Intelligence Agency document identifies al-Qaida in Iraq (which became Isis) and fellow Salafists as the “major forces driving the insurgency in Syria” – and states that “western countries, the Gulf states and Turkey” were supporting the opposition’s efforts to take control of eastern Syria.

Raising the “possibility of establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality”, the Pentagon report goes on, “this is exactly what the supporting powers to the opposition want, in order to isolate the Syrian regime, which is considered the strategic depth of the Shia expansion (Iraq and Iran)”.
My question was about SA always getting permission from the West, you've quoted nothing that supports that.

Middle East gonna Middle East, I guess.
I think that the West should only play a role in anything over there if it is absolutely necessary. Divorcing ourselves from the region should be a top priority..

You drive a solar car or what?

Yes it's the goverment who are doing the sectarian cleansing in Syria, you make me laugh. Remember 60-70% of the population still lives in goverment areas, the coastal alawite areas are taking in hundreds of thousands of sunni refugees. Just like in Iraq the rebels can't make a dent into non-sunni areas because of the implication of what it would mean for the inhabitants there.
So were pretending these deals arent cleansing now? Ok
the 2nd part of ur post makes 0 sense the only large places u could call non sunni in syria (like 80% ogf the pop) woulf be kurdish druze and lawite areeas
until russian interventiom it was denting into the last one just fine

Back