Forget Conor for a second...anyone else think O'Malley's stock went down and Moutinho's went up?

O'Malleys stock didn't go down. It's not like he was losing rounds. He clearly beat the dudes ass.

The other guy got his bonus - and I am sure that is probably all the noise he'll make in the UFC. Good for him though.

I think Sean looked bad tbh however Tony Ferguson looked much worse versus Lando. As much as I dislike the UFC's matchmaking, I think Sean was surprised and just not ready for a dog fight. I still think O'Malley is overrated and Moutino is fun but give O'Malley a 6 week camp and he'd have ko'd the guy in the 1st round IMO

his stock went up cause he was really tough, i want to see him fight at his original weight class at 125. Either way, he looked like a punching bag out there vs Omalley ....the ufc is protecting Omalley more than Bellator protects MVP.

Yep. No offense to Moutinho but he's a literal can. YES, he's tough as hell but he's basically an amateur AND a 125er.

If you call yourself a star and fail to put away a amateur fighter half your size, you fucked up.
I wouldn’t call a guy with a 9-4 pro record an amateur. Also he’s competing in MMA since 2013, so the dude is actually a vet.
He’s not a 125er either. All of his 14 pro fights have been at BW.
Will have to see Moutinho against other fighters in UFC to really determine how good he is.
Basically everything you wrote is bunch of bullshit. Sean displayed amazing technique, landing 80+% of significant strikes is unheard of

No, that's silly.

He sniped him all night long at bonkers-level percentages, laid massive damage on his opponent, and was in zero trouble the entire fight.

Arguably a bit of a can crush, but he did exactly what he was supposed to do. His opponent was simply extra tough.

Sean did exactly what he was supposed to. The fact the k.o didnt come sooner has nothing to do with Sean. People complaining that he gassed are funny too. He literally broke the significant strike record at bw while.moving backwards, I fully expect any athlete to be tired after that. Plus its not like he completely gassed, his punches still had pop and his output never dropped.

Nope. Nobody will remember who green haired kid is, O'Malley will get matched against someone with a name next and come in as a sizable favorite.

Moutinho's went up in the sense that I had no idea of who he was, and now I look forward to seeing him again. Saying that O'Malley's went down is a bit of a stretch though. It probably just didn't move.

Last edited:
Yes, I am more interesting in Moutinho next fight. Sean Omylegs should fight a top 10.

Nah. Ppl get blinded from hate and jealousy when someone that they don’t like has success. O’Malley looked great, IMO. Some ppl just have granite chins.

How did O’Malley’s stock go down? He gassed himself out because he was pummeling his opponent. There’s literally nothing more he could do. He’s already shown to have legit one punch ko power. This was more about an unbreakable chin then O’Malley’s power.

His stock didn’t go up and it didn’t go down. He is what he is. An extremely talented/skilled/exciting fighter with some question marks still left to be answered. He might never be championship material but everyone will tune in to watch his fights cause the kid is undeniably skilled.

That’s what he was heading into the fight and that hasn’t changed.

The sport desperately needs more figures like him.

If he had a half decent corner he could have won as well.

The skill disparity was too great imo. Moutinho had nothing for O'Malley. To the extent his stock goes up, it's an appreciation of his heart and toughness, but skill-wise he didn't show anything impressive.

A little embarrassing for O'Malley imo, because he fought a total can and couldn't get an easy highlight reel finish. It won't slow him down, They'll use his fantastic stats from this fight to pump him up going forward. I think it's time to see him against a ranked opponent.

Nah. Ppl get blinded from hate and jealousy when someone that they don’t like has success. O’Malley looked great, IMO. Some ppl just have granite chins.
You forgot the clay legs !?
Or you meant to say :
" When you like a fighter,
you can't see the reality " !

Couldn't sleep a paint store clerk with zero head movement who was fighting on 11 days notice. Embarrassing, especially when you promised a spectacular first round KO. And, Sugar69 was gassed. Dude is nothing special, just a hyped can beater.

This. O’Malley has clearly shown that he has power…legit power. I get not liking him and so on. But you got people speaking about him as if he has no place in the UFC talent wise. That’s why it’s almost impossible at times to have any rational conversation on this site.

Way too many emotional kids who allow their personal feelings affect their view of the fighters skill.

You don't win a lot of fights using CTE as a weapon.

Dean saved O'Malley from a very humiliating decision win over a 9-4 guy (4 losses by KO), coming from the regional circuit, who fought him on a 11 days notice.

The UFC, Dean and O'Malley looked bad that night, not Moutinho

Back