Forget Khabib/GSP or Khabib/Conor 2, Conor/GSP is the fight to make!

George “Dull” St Pierre has hardly ever delivered an entertaining fight. At this stage he isn’t the best in the world anymore as he is aging and a bit over the hill, and with his low entertainment value, he isn’t worth bringing back.
His first fight with Serra was a banger!

Conor cash money McGregor is likely going to win vs Dustin next weekend. What is the next logical fight for him if Khabib won't grant the rematch? The answer is simple. GSP at 165 or WW! This fight would make the most money for the UFC and the fighters involved. This event would leave the MMA world salivating and the casual fan would definitely want to tune in for the first time two, 2 division champs fought each other. The overall fan base of the sport would jump and help resurrect a depressing 2020-2021 MMA campaign.GSP is nearly 40 and although he would be favoured Conor would have a punchers chance to get the finish. Win or lose for Conor, his legacy at FW and LW is protected. I believe this is a fight that GSP would definitely accept. Maybe, just maybe, Khabib is enticed to fight the winner?

Would you pay to watch this?
I'd want to watch that fight....who wouldn't? Of course I'd watch two drunken hookers fight on the corner at 3am so I guess my opinion is disqualified.

Would watch the shit out of it.
Nothing would please me more than showing Conor load garglers what a real champion is when GSP ragdolls, superman punches and out cardios conor at 40
All the dumbcunts who think Conor can 'move up' whenever he likes, let them fight at WW, no excuses. B
GSP by whatever the fuck he wants..still..

Georges is nearly 40 years old, has one fight in 7 years, and probably won't come back to fight anyone other than Khabib. God only knows how Georges looks, physically, at 170lbs these days.

Prime vs. Prime, GSP grinds Conor into a fine mist....if Conor doesn't give up his back inside 3 rounds to put an end to the punishment. Hell, Prime GSP takes Khabib's lunch money.

Conor cash money McGregor is likely going to win vs Dustin next weekend. What is the next logical fight for him if Khabib won't grant the rematch? The answer is simple. GSP at 165 or WW! This fight would make the most money for the UFC and the fighters involved. This event would leave the MMA world salivating and the casual fan would definitely want to tune in for the first time two, 2 division champs fought each other. The overall fan base of the sport would jump and help resurrect a depressing 2020-2021 MMA campaign.GSP is nearly 40 and although he would be favoured Conor would have a punchers chance to get the finish. Win or lose for Conor, his legacy at FW and LW is protected. I believe this is a fight that GSP would definitely accept. Maybe, just maybe, Khabib is enticed to fight the winner?

I would watch and if they can hold it with fans I will go. Frankly the only way I see GSP vs Conor happening is if Khabib decides to come back to defend the LW title vs GSP and Georges takes it. In that case if McGregor has beaten Dustin I could see GSP staying at LW for one more massive pay day against McGregor.

I'd watch, but it's not a matchup that excites me.

I'm aware that prime GSP would beat Conor at WW, so even if Conor wins now, which is always a possibility, it won't be that significant.

But yeah, I'd watch, 2 big names, huge event, why not :)

GSP would dominate but he's retired and clearly no longer interested in fighting. Let him retire in peace.

A rematch win against Khabib is the best revenge Conor can get, but if Khabib refuses the rematch there are other ways Conor can stick it to Khabib such as taking the GSP fight, beating Islam (if Islam makes it up the ranks), or etc

But I hope Conor gets the rematch above all, if Dana can put it together he is the GOAT promoter. He already is but still

Khabib will never rematch Conor, hopefully Dana has more to offer Khabib than that. Khabib hated the disrespect Conor showed plus the bus incident. Khabib will fight the whole lighweight division 3 times over before fighting Conor again just to stick it to Conor.

Khabib will never rematch Conor, hopefully Dana has more to offer Khabib than that. Khabib hated the disrespect Conor showed plus the bus incident. Khabib will fight the whole lighweight division 3 times over before fighting Conor again just to stick it to Conor.

If that's the case, Conor can likely find some other ways to stick it to Khabib

If Conor beats Poirier in spectacular fashion and then beats another top contender in similar fashion and Khabib still denies a rematch then at that point everyone would know Khabib is a duck. Khabib is fine right now, but in the realistic scenario Conor smoke 2 top guys in a row within the first half of the year then Khabib has to give him his rematch and if he doesn't he's a duck. At some point you can't deny someone a rematch even if you dominated them in the first fight (I.e Francis vs Stipe). Not a soul alive can deny Francis a shot at redemption and soon the same will be said for Conor. Bottom line, winning solves everything and Conor needs to win. Personally I think the winner of Conor vs Poirier 100% deserves a rematch with Khabib but if that isn't enough then one more win should secure it

If Khabib denys the rematch then Conor will have to get creative to stick it to Khabib and beat one of his stable mates (Islam or) and take the GSP fight, or something

How about he just fight current fighters in the lw division he once claimed he was king of and leave the fantasy match ups just as fantasy.

I wanna see fights that lead somewhere not to another fantasy match up.

If that's the case, Conor can likely find some other ways to stick it to Khabib

If Conor beats Poirier in spectacular fashion and then beats another top contender in similar fashion and Khabib still denies a rematch then at that point everyone would know Khabib is a duck. Khabib is fine right now, but in the realistic scenario Conor smoke 2 top guys in a row within the first half of the year then Khabib has to give him his rematch and if he doesn't he's a duck. At some point you can't deny someone a rematch even if you dominated them in the first fight (I.e Francis vs Stipe). Not a soul alive can deny Francis a shot at redemption and soon the same will be said for Conor. Bottom line, winning solves everything and Conor needs to win. Personally I think the winner of Conor vs Poirier 100% deserves a rematch with Khabib but if that isn't enough then one more win should secure it

If Khabib denys the rematch then Conor will have to get creative to stick it to Khabib and beat one of his stable mates (Islam or) and take the GSP fight, or something
If Khabib holds on to the belt and takes fight after fight with everyone but Conor you can call him a duck. Presuming Conor beats someone demonstrating he can defeat a dominant wrestler style. Getting wins over other strikers does nothing to make Khabib vs Conor 2 worth while.

Khabib is retired so he isn't Ducking anyone, let alone a guy he dominated over 4 rounds, standing, grappling and ultimately forced him to tap. The only fight Khabib comes back for is GSP IMO.

He got KOed twice earlier in his Career so what is the point of getting KOed for the third time ?

GSP got submitted by an arm bar, and the tko loss to Serra. With 2 losses on his record, I’m wondering where the 2 KOs are?

If Khabib holds on to the belt and takes fight after fight with everyone but Conor you can call him a duck. Presuming Conor beats someone demonstrating he can defeat a dominant wrestler style. Getting wins over other strikers does nothing to make Khabib vs Conor 2 worth while.

Khabib is retired so he isn't Ducking anyone, let alone a guy he dominated over 4 rounds, standing, grappling and ultimately forced him to tap. The only fight Khabib comes back for is GSP IMO.

I'm not saying Khabib is ducking right now, because as of this moment Conor hasn't earned his shot. I'm saying Conor vs Poirier winner deserves a rematch against Khabib, but I understand that might not be enough. In Conor's case, if he beats Poirier and another top fighter after (preferably one with a grapple heavy style) and Khabib denies the rematch then IMO Khabib would be a duck at that point.

Winning solves everything, there is a clear realistic path for Conor to get his rematch. Khabib can't just not give him a rematch because he doesn't like him and if that's the case that's a bitch move (given Conor has earned it by beating 2 top guys in a row, but a win over Poirier is fine by me)

But 490,000 of those buyers were only interested in the other fights on the card which used to be quite good. The remaining 10,000 were desperate Canadians longing for a hero (something which they are not used to).
You are 100% wrong. GSP fights in Canada are just as big as any. Way more than 10k Canadians tune in when GSP fights regardless of who else is on the card.

Back