Forget Khabib/GSP or Khabib/Conor 2, Conor/GSP is the fight to make!

GSP looked slow and not explosive against Bisping.

He could barely pass Mike's guard and was getting his face elbowed. I don't think he should come back and ruin his legacy. Maybe 10 years ago he would have ape styled all over McGregor, not sure about now.

Khabib is a wrestler and is also undefeated. GSP would likely have the advantage on the ground and should be able to fend off Khabib's takedown attempts. Beating Conor wouldn't be anywhere near as big of a deal and he would likely get paid the same so the choice is obvious.

If that's the case, Conor can likely find some other ways to stick it to Khabib

There is nothing except beating him that Conor could ever do to “stick it” to Khabib. Beating a training partner of Khabib’s is not sticking it to him. Fighting GSP is not sticking it to him.

They fought, and Khabib won. He had his one and only chance to stick it to Khabib, and he failed miserably.

Conor would be on his ass faster than he'd think possible.

Conor's great, but he's not in the same tier as The GOAT

There is nothing except beating him that Conor could ever do to “stick it” to Khabib. Beating a training partner of Khabib’s is not sticking it to him. Fighting GSP is not sticking it to him.

They fought, and Khabib won. He had his one and only chance to stick it to Khabib, and he failed miserably.

It doesn't work like that, you can't just fight someone and never fight them again. If that person ends up being the clear cut 100% number one contender based on their recent body of work then you have to rematch them. You can't use the excuse that you're not going to rematch them because you don't like them

Rematches happen ALL THE TIME, think about it

It doesn't work like that, you can't just fight someone and never fight them again. If that person ends up being the clear cut 100% number one contender based on their recent body of work then you have to rematch them. You can't use the excuse that you're not going to rematch them because you don't like them

Rematches happen ALL THE TIME, think about it

Khabib is R-E-T-I-R-E-D, what is there to think about?

Looks like Khabib sure “stuck it” to you. Messed up your mind so badly that you think Khabib isn’t allowed to retire?? That’s a whole new level of mental gymnastics.

Maybe your boy should have fought at least one top contender after his humiliating loss to Khabib. I think most of the top LW contenders even called him out. That may have been enough to get the rematch before Khabib retired. Instead Conor wanted Cerrone, and the likes of Sanchez. Conor never actually wanted the rematch, or he would have put in the work to get it.

Khabib is R-E-T-I-R-E-D, what is there to think about?

Looks like Khabib sure “stuck it” to you. Messed up your mind so badly that you think Khabib isn’t allowed to retire?? That’s a whole new level of mental gymnastics.

Maybe your boy should have fought at least one top contender after his humiliating loss to Khabib. I think most of the top LW contenders called him out. That may have been enough to get the rematch before Khabib retired. Instead Conor wanted Cerrone, and the likes of Sanchez. Conor never actually wanted the rematch, or he would have put in the work to get it.

Calm down, if Poirier wins he deserves a rematch vs Khabib too. The GSP fight won't happen, so if Khabib goes for 30-0 (which he probably will) then he will likely fight Conor or Poirier.

Best believe Dana will throw everything in the world out to Khabib to take the Conor rematch after Conor beats Poirier. We can go back to this post in the future when Dana has the fight booked

How about Conor just fights actual top contenders instead of dudes from other sports, retired legends from 2014, etc.

GSP vs Conor could happen i think. I'm positive the UFC was trying to book this many years ago. Remember when GSP was in the crowd at Conor vs Nate 1... and they had the camera on GSP the whole damn time. Nate threw a wrench into that whole plan.

Seems like GSP wouldn't mind chasing some money, even if it is khabibs sloppy seconds.

George “Dull” St Pierre has hardly ever delivered an entertaining fight. At this stage he isn’t the best in the world anymore as he is aging and a bit over the hill, and with his low entertainment value, he isn’t worth bringing back.

Dull is 100% subjective. Expecting everyone to agree on what fighters are dull and which are exciting is like expecting everyone to agree on what's the best music (rock, classical, jazz, hip-hop, country, folk etc), or the best movie (drama, action, documentary, animation) or even the best color (red, blue, green). No one past grade six really believes that people are going to agree on subjective things, so I'm assuming anyone who thinks people agree on whether a particular fighter is either dull or exciting is trolling (or in grade six). Some people obviously found GSP dull. Other people just as obviously found him entertaining. That's how human nature works.

However, I completely agree that GSP is old, and he's had one fight in six years. I can't imagine why even his fans want to see him fight at this point. It'd be like Shaq O'Neil's fans (and Shaq has way more fans and was a way better athlete than GSP ever was) wanting to see him come back to the NBA.

I'm not saying Khabib is ducking right now, because as of this moment Conor hasn't earned his shot. I'm saying Conor vs Poirier winner deserves a rematch against Khabib, but I understand that might not be enough. In Conor's case, if he beats Poirier and another top fighter after (preferably one with a grapple heavy style) and Khabib denies the rematch then IMO Khabib would be a duck at that point.

Winning solves everything, there is a clear realistic path for Conor to get his rematch. Khabib can't just not give him a rematch because he doesn't like him and if that's the case that's a bitch move (given Conor has earned it by beating 2 top guys in a row, but a win over Poirier is fine by me)
He is fighting one more fight at most and it won't be Conor. It would be different if he held onto the belt and fought anyone but Conor. He has already told the UFC to vacate the belt. There will not be a rematch.

He is fighting one more fight at most and it won't be Conor. It would be different if he held onto the belt and fought anyone but Conor. He has already told the UFC to vacate the belt. There will not be a rematch.
I disagree, I think Dana makes the rematch. He's one of the best salesman out there and he'll find someone creative ways to entice Khabib

People actually thinking Conor has a chance. Chad Mendes double legged him so easily, not to mention GSP would actually be able to keep him down

If that's the case, Conor can likely find some other ways to stick it to Khabib

If Conor beats Poirier in spectacular fashion and then beats another top contender in similar fashion and Khabib still denies a rematch then at that point everyone would know Khabib is a duck. Khabib is fine right now, but in the realistic scenario Conor smoke 2 top guys in a row within the first half of the year then Khabib has to give him his rematch and if he doesn't he's a duck. At some point you can't deny someone a rematch even if you dominated them in the first fight (I.e Francis vs Stipe). Not a soul alive can deny Francis a shot at redemption and soon the same will be said for Conor. Bottom line, winning solves everything and Conor needs to win. Personally I think the winner of Conor vs Poirier 100% deserves a rematch with Khabib but if that isn't enough then one more win should secure it

If Khabib denys the rematch then Conor will have to get creative to stick it to Khabib and beat one of his stable mates (Islam or) and take the GSP fight, or something

Conor will most likely smoke Poirier and whoevers next in line, not a huge Conor fan but he is grossly underrated, I would love to see fight Usman. Khabib isn't ducking Conor, for him it's just a matter of how disrespectful he was, he won't fight him out of principal in any case both Khabib and GSP are retired I doubt we ever see either fighter again.

But 490,000 of those buyers were only interested in the other fights on the card which used to be quite good. The remaining 10,000 were desperate Canadians longing for a hero (something which they are not used to).
GSP dominated the toughest division at the time and made it look easy. Hate all you want, he would still double leg Conor through the cage and into the third row.

GOAT St-Pierre bless!

You are 100% wrong. GSP fights in Canada are just as big as any. Way more than 10k Canadians tune in when GSP fights regardless of who else is on the card.
I was referring to Canadians exiled in the US buying PPVs in the US. I am sure millions of Canadians stuck in boredom would watch GSP fight.

Dull is 100% subjective. Expecting everyone to agree on what fighters are dull and which are exciting is like expecting everyone to agree on what's the best music (rock, classical, jazz, hip-hop, country, folk etc), or the best movie (drama, action, documentary, animation) or even the best color (red, blue, green). No one past grade six really believes that people are going to agree on subjective things, so I'm assuming anyone who thinks people agree on whether a particular fighter is either dull or exciting is trolling (or in grade six). Some people obviously found GSP dull. Other people just as obviously found him entertaining. That's how human nature works.

However, I completely agree that GSP is old, and he's had one fight in six years. I can't imagine why even his fans want to see him fight at this point. It'd be like Shaq O'Neil's fans (and Shaq has way more fans and was a way better athlete than GSP ever was) wanting to see him come back to the NBA.
I agree, but I find him dull.

I love GSP threads all the haters come out in full force.

Conor doesn't deserve to fight GSP. When he loses I can already hear that he was 3 x the size of Conor. Gsp is a huge WW bla bla bla

Back