Media Former UFC champ Eddie Alvarez gets DQ'd after an illegal back of the head strikes at ONE FC

Infinitely worse, and Oleinik didnt collapse in a heap and pretend he couldnt keep fighting.

All these dudes that didnt actually watch the fight are being ridiculous. In the context of the fight it was a terrible call. The announcers were shocked. Alvarez was shocked. Everyone in the PBP was shocked.

But some clowns see a two second clip and have VERY IMPORTANT OPINIONS.

I saw it in the context of the fight dude, I also thought they were clearly illegal shots and I was surprised that everyone thinks otherwise when I came on here.

I also think Lapicus milked the shit out of them, but the actual shots were totally to the back of the head to me and as his head was turned that way for some time he wasn't turning into them, Eddie was just picking his shots poorly, which someone who's been in the game as long as him shouldn't do.

Another fighter baiting his opponent into a dq, cause his game plan didn’t go at all as planned. I’d cut any fighter who baits for a dq. Quit being a pussy, and take your ass kicking like a man.

Rarely would a sequence like that receive a DQ in the UFC or Bellator. Is ONE Championship normally trigger happy regarding shots to the back of the head?

I know there are many differences between ONE and other MMA orgs.

I agree with the call. Other guy may have even been winning at the time with the kicks before the takedown. After the takedown, Eddie wasn't in a position to do much since their heads were touching each other. Their heads were like that for a while, Eddie wasn't close to finishing the fight or had the other guy hurt at all. Fight had just started. Eddie then starts punching clearly to the back of the head when he couldn't punch anywhere else but there due to how their heads were positioned and rather than stopping when the ref told him to, he just kept doing it and argued with the ref, which was really dumb and worthy of the DQ off that alone.

After punching him in the back of the head several times, the guy fell to his back and held his head, possibly milking it and Eddie swarmed him with legal punches now, but the fight was over at this point and Eddie committed several blatant illegal blows, the last of which eliciting that reaction from his opponent. The ref had no choice but to DQ him after that as they were clearly intentional and Eddie refused to stop throwing the illegal strikes even after being warned.

Then in the post-fight interview, he said he was touching his ears with the shots, but on the replay, you can clearly see his punches were miles from his ears and directly to the back of the head (his opponent's ear was touching his own head as their heads were together for quite some time before Eddie started punching him to the back of the head, so there's no argument of his opponent turning his head as he was punching or anything).

No idea why people are mentioning JDS. JDS was standing, turned his back and walked away from his opponent. Not even in the same universe of scenarios. In this instance, they were on the ground, their heads against each other for a long time, then the illegal punches started (so no argument of him turning his head right as he started punching or anything or attempting to "bait" a DQ).

I’m surprised the ref called it off so quick. Used to the refs warning the fighters or maybe even taking a point but, not here haha... the ref didn’t want no games and it’s understandable. I don’t think Eddie has an excuse honestly. He knew he was hitting the back of the IMO. And it’s not like it was one shot or too. Sucks it went like that but it is what it is. Sould be a lesson to all fighters. Keep it clean or get out.

I don't know what people are looking at but those are clearly back to the head shots, not even close to the ear
Lens crafters has a sick deal going on buddy.

I agree with the call. Other guy may have even been winning at the time with the kicks before the takedown. After the takedown, Eddie wasn't in a position to do much since their heads were touching each other. Their heads were like that for a while, Eddie wasn't close to finishing the fight or had the other guy hurt at all. Fight had just started. Eddie then starts punching clearly to the back of the head when he couldn't punch anywhere else but there due to how their heads were positioned and rather than stopping when the ref told him to, he just kept doing it and argued with the ref, which was really dumb and worthy of the DQ off that alone.

After punching him in the back of the head several times, the guy fell to his back and held his head, possibly milking it and Eddie swarmed him with legal punches now, but the fight was over at this point and Eddie committed several blatant illegal blows, the last of which eliciting that reaction from his opponent. The ref had no choice but to DQ him after that as they were clearly intentional and Eddie refused to stop throwing the illegal strikes even after being warned.

Then in the post-fight interview, he said he was touching his ears with the shots, but on the replay, you can clearly see his punches were miles from his ears and directly to the back of the head (his opponent's ear was touching his own head as their heads were together for quite some time before Eddie started punching him to the back of the head, so there's no argument of his opponent turning his head as he was punching or anything).

No idea why people are mentioning JDS. JDS was standing, turned his back and walked away from his opponent. Not even in the same universe of scenarios. In this instance, they were on the ground, their heads against each other for a long time, then the illegal punches started (so no argument of him turning his head right as he started punching or anything or attempting to "bait" a DQ).
I hope you realize no one read your novel after your first sentence exposed how inept you were.

Yeah, I hear it's a bit easier for older fighters to look jacked in One....something about a lack of testing?
He looks no different than in any UFC fight.

Questionable but dont feel bad for him. He's gotten away with dirty shit unpunished before intentional or not
Like what? Knee in Poirier 1 cost him the fight, Elbow in Poirier 2 cost him the fight, two fights were was on his way to winning.

Sit down.

Lol anybody saying BS call are idiots who don't know the dangers of hits in the back of the head.

The back of the skull is the most vulnerable part of the head..

That's why people die from hitting their head on the ground in fights

Or Google Pritchard Colon the boxer and watch his final fight

Bunch of dummies. Glad he got DQ'd. What an idiot
Idiots? Ironic.... Truly. If getting hit in the back of the head was that dangerous, maybe Lapicus shouldn't have been purposely doing it?

One-inch-wide Mohawk is for punches at ear level and higher up to the crown of the head. Below ear level it widens to include basically the entire back of the neck and base of the skull (but not the ear).

Alvarez is clearly missing the ear. All six of the punches he throws are questionable and imo at least 2-4 of them are illegal. Then Iuri falls and Alvarez finishes him with 3 legal blows but the damage is already done at that point.

I also don't really think Iuri turned his head. He's basically motionless for punches 1-4, then a very slight movement for punches 5 and 6. It's not realistic to expect a guy to remain perfectly still when he's getting punched in the head. The turning loophole is for a bigger movement IMO.
Officially the worst take i've ever read... on any topic... EVER

Wtf do you mean he tried to get hit in the back of the head?? Are you that stupid? Who willingly wants to get punched in the back of the head?

He was hiding/tucking his head to avoid strikes because he knows strikes to the back of the head are illegal and probably assumed Eddie knew this too. Yet bozo Alvarez thinks he is hitting the ear.
Iuri Lapicus apparently does

I can tell you don't train, have never trained and have no clue lol so bye
Ironic you're mentioning training to bolster your ridiculous opinion. Tell me why 100% of the pro fighters reacting to this are in an outrage on Eddie's behalf? goodnight.

Illegal_Striking_Zones_PIC.jpg

Illegal Strikes to the Back of the Head-

The Committee has found a compromise between the Mohawk definition and the headphones definition. The Committee recommends a nape of the neck definition.

Basically, the group concluded that a strike that touches the ear is generally acceptable. Strikes are not permissible in the nape of the neck area up until the top of the ears. Above the ears, permissible strikes do not include the Mohawk area from the top of the ears up until the crown of the head. The crown of the head is found where the head begins to curve.

In other words, strikes behind the crown of the head and above the ears are not permissible within the Mohawk area. Strikes below the top of the ear are not permissible within the nape of the neck area.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/...rule-illegal-strikes-silva-prater-dq-yamasaki

~~~~~

This is why kicks that wrap around the head or neck (side to back) are viable as well as elbows etc that touch the ear but also cross into the illegal zone...

Like what? Knee in Poirier 1 cost him the fight, Elbow in Poirier 2 cost him the fight, two fights were was on his way to winning.

Sit down.
Get off of Sherdog mrs. Alvarez. Eddie needs some comforting in the bed room, not white knighting online

Back