Francis' Image Problem

Well he doesn't call himself good kid for nothing lol, ofc everyone wanna put their lips on his ass cheek.

It's odd, Lewis seems like a likeable, good dude - so why's he hating on Ngannou?? I wonder what specifically he dislikes about Ngannou anyway??

I have no issue with Francis, but to me he’s just like Lewis, big power but one dimensional. It’s fine, it can get the job done, but I just don’t really care. I watch MMA for the mixed aspect.

People have short memories, lets not forget that Ngannou was overlooking Black Beast in their fight, when media asked him about the fight he was just mentioning getting back at Stipe, and didn't seem impressed with Black Beast at all

He soon found out though. Yeah I know it was a lame fight, but first 40 seconds Black Beast landed a right that hit Ngannou's neck and I could see his face was like Deer, he didn't want to engage after that, tiny little clip and the shock went through him, he got a bit scared after that and wouldn't throw or come close, and was happy to lose a 30-27 and just not get laid out cold... which would have happened with more exchanges

I remember Lewis calling Ngannou an "African booty scratcher" awhile before they even where lined up to fight. said Ngannou talked shit about him being too slow or something. I don't know if it was a behind the scenes Francis narrative thing that's been going around or just another fighter being too sensitive to criticism..... or both.

Dude went from homeless to heavyweight champ. That can do a lot for your ego.

Francis has 3.2 millions followers on Insta ( one of the bigger following for fighters on social media). He is well respected by a lot of fighters.

He doesn't really talk trash but also doesn't try to be buddy buddy with his opponent.

Only sherdog and internet dorks who over analyze everything hate him

Dude went from homeless to heavyweight champ. That can do a lot for your ego.

Or...maybe it's the ego that drove him through that journey? It wouldn't be surprising if the single-mindedness necessary to accomplish what he did and how he had to do it, to get from a no-hope African village to UFC championship, should have its less charming aspects too.

Back