Francis leaves the arena rather than enter the cage with PFL HW champ

Ngannou is about to box for the biggest payday of his career... perhaps the biggest payday of any MMA fighter's career... we don't fully know how much Conor made against Floyd, and what cut the UFC took - I heard it was at least 50%

So, I don't see why Ngannou should start promoting an mma fight against a mediocre name at this very point.

Finish up against Joshua, then take it from there... no rush
No way he makes more than Conor did. That fight sold over 4million PPVs, second biggest money fight of all time. All the rumours were he was making $100m, when you consider it made $600m just in US PPV (+gate +sponsors + UK PPV another 900k buys) I can believe it.

I heard Ngannou might be getting $20m this time.

He just wanted to get rich so he could wear expensive watches and wear sunglasses in a dark room. The only chance he ever fights MMA again is if he gets completely embarrassed by Joshua and can't get any more boxing bouts. Then he might take a PFL fight if they agree to lose money on that event too.

Seems like everyone the guy deals with gets burned or loses money. Burned his coach who let him live in his house, left the UFC after 1 close title defense, fired his manager, every other promotion said he was demanding way too much money and the events don't even bring in what he was asking, PFL even agreed to lose money on him and they still got used as a backup plan and burned because the Saudis have also agreed to take big losses on 2 events now hoping it'll pay off later if they can make SA the boxing capital.

Hard not to notice the pattern here that the guy isn't interested in mututally beneficial agreements, he just takes what he can then moves on to burn somebody else.

He's looking out for himself and for his family. Most people in his situation would do the same thing. and you can't blame them; nobody else is going to look out for you.

Back