Francis leaves the arena rather than enter the cage with PFL HW champ

Lol at people still pretending he's ever fighting in PFL
Well, he did sign a contract with the PFL, a contract that gave him the option to box, so so far anyway there are no indications that I can see that he won't fight for the PFL.

I like how the main event was being presented as an eliminator to face a guy who's never fought in the promotion before. I don't watch other MMA aside from the UFC really so it's always strange hearing other organizations holding UFC fighters in higher regard. The UFC would almost never mention outside fighters but Bellator and PFL will name drop Jones, Ngannou, and whoever else at any chance.
Is this really surprising? The UFC is the recognized big show. Of course they're going to name drop the fact that they have the UFC champion.

Well, he did sign a contract with the PFL, a contract that gave him the option to box, so so far anyway there are no indications that I can see that he won't fight for the PFL.
The contract was to box ONCE and then fight for them in early 2024.

He instead signed another boxing fight in early 2024.

Mate. Wake up. He literally left the arena rather the faceoff with his "next" MMA opponent. He doesn't give a fuck about PFL.

How he does in his fight with Joshua will probably be the factor in how soon he fights for PFL. Even if/when he does fight he's probably gonna just win the title and never fight for them again.

Depends on how he does vs Joshua. If he wins, then you can bet he may do another boxing fight and it might be a world title. If he loses then he's 0-2 and likely does the mma fight.

Much depends on his next performance.

Win or lose against Joshua, Francis has better opportunities in boxing (unless Joshua utterly humiliates him, in which case perhaps PFL becomes more realistic).
If Francis had any intention of fighting for PFL he'd have entered the cage for the chance to get on the mic and do a faceoff to start selling the fight.

If Francis had any intention of fighting for PFL he'd have entered the cage for the chance to get on the mic and do a faceoff to start selling the fight.

Yes, right now he may not be thinking about PFL...but if Joshua embarrasses him, it might be another story.

The sad part is, even if Francis gets tooled, he could probably *still* find a higher paying fight in boxing than in PFL.

PFL makes more money having francis box and then taking a %

setting up a HW mma fight where francis is expected to have a 1 round KO against a nobody is a risky proposition. if he loses, even by fluke, their golden goose is done.

Franny will be crawling back to PFL after Joshua ends his boxing career.

Bader was probably the bigger name opponent for Nganeau, but he showed once again why he's in the minor leagues. He was a big fish in a small pond in Bellator.

LOL
PFL, AKA Bellator v.2.
AKA UFC Release Leagues,
Francis proving he doesnt want to fight MMA.
Making a joke of PF-LOL
UFC was too smart for his running.

I tuned in late to see this fight, knew nothing about the Brazilian, and was genuinely intrigued by the prospect of them facing off afterwards.

Aaaand it's gone.

Is this really surprising? The UFC is the recognized big show. Of course they're going to name drop the fact that they have the UFC champion.
Not that I'm surprised, but it's kinda putting themselves in their diminutive place. Like a backhanded compliment in a way.

Back