Media Francis Ngannou: “This is a real fight, it’s going on our professional records”

Can Francis Ngannou make waves in boxing?

• Total voters
Francis is like the guy with the sloppiest hands in the whole UFC. Watching him makes me feel like i'm watching MMA back in '96. Tyson is the HW champ. This is worse than if Tyson fought your just average HW boxer. There is no chance for Francis.

Hes only sloppy by choice when his opponents dont pose a threat to him. You cant possibly say that ngannou was sloppy against stipe in their rematch.

sherdog should delete the boxing section if ngannou wins
[testing secret emoji]
uKDqTlz.gif

Hes only sloppy by choice when his opponents dont pose a threat to him. You cant possibly say that ngannou was sloppy against stipe in their rematch.
That’s what they say about Wilder. Tyson has learned how to deal with these fighters. And Ngannou in big gloves might not be as effective.

No one has explained to me yet how he is going to be competitive with Fury.

Congrats to him on the payday though, seriously. Generational money.

I don't give a shit about this fight. I don't care about ngannous career aside from hoping it goes well and he can eventually fix things with the ufc and we can get jones ngannou.

I hope for ngannous sake this fight actually happens, and for Furys sake I'm hoping it doesn't, not fighting Usyk is costing him fans, not fighting Usyk to fight Ngannou looks even worse.

I'd say Anderson is far more skilled than francis in boxing...Anderson lost to a youtuber who has only trained a few years and could not even come close to beating anybody ranked..
Francis is going to take on an undefeated champ, its going to look very bad and anyone who pays for this crap is all part of this problem of freak fights. Francis gets paid and looks like a chump..He could care less about anything but $$. Its not even off to a good start, everything from rules to money is all speculation nothing formal yet that I see.
Anderson was a 47 year old middle weight that largely specializes in a blend of taekwondo and Muay thai. He had good dodging ability that made him seem more well rounded. His reflexes and gas tank weren't there anymore. Not that I'm saying Francis will do anything either.

That’s what they say about Wilder. Tyson has learned how to deal with these fighters. And Ngannou in big gloves might not be as effective.
Wilder knocked him down 4 or 5 times so it's not the best example. If anything it shows that there is a way.
Obviously, Ngannou is not Wilder, but Fury is not untouchable or invincible.

No one has explained to me yet how he is going to be competitive with Fury.

Congrats to him on the payday though, seriously. Generational money.

He's not. This is just about the payday. Boxing has unfortunately turned itself into a carnival act. Every big fight these days is a freak show of YouTubers, other non-boxers, or past huge boxing names well past their prime. The integrity of that sports has taken a real beating in recent years. The fighters who should be getting built up are virtually completely unknown to the general public.

Remember, he is is not fighting Klitschko, he is fighting Tyson Fury, a guy that in the morning wants to be a monk in the afternoon a gladiator, and at night Joker. So, you never know.

he has absolutely no chance of winning this fight... i cant even see how there will be odds in this fight.. it would have to be at least 200 to 1

he has absolutely no chance of winning this fight... i cant even see how there will be odds in this fight.. it would have to be at least 200 to 1
But at least you agree with me that nobody gives a shit about your predictions right? So there is a chance. I believe in Francis. Francis represents the people.

Fury is from a boxing family and clan. He can really fight. Against the best available competition, he finished 5 of his last 6 opponents.

If Ngannou faced any of those opponents, the odds against him would be very high. Like Wilder for example. Deontay would demolish Ngannou with ease.

This thing is a spectacle, not a competitive match.

The actual purses will be determined by viewership. If it's ppv, and the price is high, paying viewership will probably be low.

There's no secret cabal of rich people willing to commit 80 million knowing in advance that they will lose money.

Maybe the promotion will go for a $20 ppv to try to boost sales. Maybe they will go network.
Maybe it's a promo gig where PFL pays Fury some cash up front and the fight falls through after a month of hoopla.
I guess we'll see.

If I was Francis's corner, I might even suggest no headshots. All you have is power, and you're not good enough to go headunting, so go all in on loading up on the hardest bodyshots you can throw and just hope to survive getting punched up top for at least 6 rounds. You only got one skill, so don't go gambling it, put it all into the more achievable option.

Or, just lay down in the first round and have a nap, you're already paid

They don't even expect a SLIGHT opportunity for Ngannou to win....otherwise they would put the title on the line too, so it won't be tarnished by non-title victory over champ
WBC would have to sanction the title being on the line, they would never do that due to the effect on their reputation.

Edit: I know it seems weird to say the sanctioning bodies care about their reputation but they will only go so far. They aren't going to sanction a title fight for a guy with a 0-0 record.

Last edited:
Fury is from a boxing family and clan. He can really fight. Against the best available competition, he finished 5 of his last 6 opponents.

If Ngannou faced any of those opponents, the odds against him would be very high. Like Wilder for example. Deontay would demolish Ngannou with ease.

This thing is a spectacle, not a competitive match.

The actual purses will be determined by viewership. If it's ppv, and the price is high, paying viewership will probably be low.

There's no secret cabal of rich people willing to commit 80 million knowing in advance that they will lose money.

Maybe the promotion will go for a $20 ppv to try to boost sales. Maybe they will go network.
Maybe it's a promo gig where PFL pays Fury some cash up front and the fight falls through after a month of hoopla.
I guess we'll see.
You are technically correct, because the Saudis are in no way secret.

The purses will be dictated by how much money the arabs throw into the pot. Even if no one buys the PPVs or tickets the fighters should be seeing $50million each.

Wilder knocked him down 4 or 5 times so it's not the best example. If anything it shows that there is a way.
Obviously, Ngannou is not Wilder, but Fury is not untouchable or invincible.
Yes, but Tyson has gotten more dominant every fight.

<PlusJuan>
(Assuming Fury actually turns up)
It's undenaibly the best possible outcome for Francis, yet somehow people still choose to deny it. Baffling. Especially when:

That's because he would be the lineal heavyweight champion of the world.
Whilst he probably doesn't stand much of a chance Francis has some chance to become the lineal boxing heavyweight champion of the world.

It's not a belt, but Francis has created an INSANE opportunity for himself

Exactly; worst case scenario is "8 figures" of cash & a 0-1 boxing record, with the loss being against the lineal HW champ, maybe a sprinkle of shame if he gasses & looks terrible... but if he gasses & looks terrible he'll probably have a quite a few boxers looking to make his record 0-2 <Lmaoo>

(If the fight happens) Francis has already won.
I've gotten myself involved in this convo more that I probably should because I'm not that emotionally invested... and, like every other fight fan on here, wanted Francis vs JJ and Fury vs Usyk.
Aside from that point, I worry what Francis' value is and will be. Everyone keeps talking about the PFL deal. I have zero faith in them lasting 2 more yrs. Plus, after this Fury "fight" (Tyson/Roy Jones Jr was originally labeled as a boxing match as well so don't underestimate a promoters motivation to take your money) what will Ngannou’s value be after looking like a child with 2 left feet in the ring?
He wasn't a star when he was actually fighting with the UFC behind him, now he's been out 4yrs and will be coming off an absolute schooling with zero footage to use to promote him.
This is definetely not the slam dunk people think this is for Francis.... and stop being crazy with the 50 million talk. That is just nonsense and makes you look insane.

No exhibition, it’s a fight that’s counting on their records.
Just no WBC-title on the line (atleast not yet).

Swipe for Big Frank and Ariel Helwani’s talk!

Does anyone know if they can still not score and only have a winner if there is a stoppage?

I've gotten myself involved in this convo more that I probably should because I'm not that emotionally invested... and, like every other fight fan on here, wanted Francis vs JJ and Fury vs Usyk.
Aside from that point, I worry what Francis' value is and will be. Everyone keeps talking about the PFL deal. I have zero faith in them lasting 2 more yrs. Plus, after this Fury "fight" (Tyson/Roy Jones Jr was originally labeled as a boxing match as well so don't underestimate a promoters motivation to take your money) what will Ngannou’s value be after looking like a child with 2 left feet in the ring?
He wasn't a star when he was actually fighting with the UFC behind him, now he's been out 4yrs and will be coming off an absolute schooling with zero footage to use to promote him.
This is definetely not the slam dunk people think this is for Francis.... and stop being crazy with the 50 million talk. That is just nonsense and makes you look insane.

I guess the thing is if it is the final fight for Francis then his still set for life, so his value after is kind of irrelevant. I agree it is likely lower.

Back