Francis Ngannou destroys any version of Fedor, and this is coming from a Fedor fan.

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was having this debate with someone over at r/MMA, we were talking about who the greatest HW was. He said it was Fedor because of his resume, whereas I said it would have to be Ngannou because he would be favored H2H against any HW in history. I understand how amazing Fedor was in his day and I'll never forget the butterflies and goosebumps I felt when he finally face off against Mirko and how I walked away from that fight feeling like Fedor was the closest thing to a God-like fighter I've seen. But time goes on and you grow up and you figure out how the world really works. Now I can take my rose colored glasses off and see things for what they are: Francis beats any version of Fedor and he does it within a round. Replace Mirko with Ngannou on that night and Fedir gets carried off on a stretcher. There's not a person on this forum who can say with a straight face Fedor beats Francis H2H and that's why Francis is the greatest HW ever for me. Resumes are only relevant when the guys are so close that you need something to separate them. With Fedor and Francis it's clear who the better fighter is so the resumes are irrelevant.

Who knows, they'll never fight each other anyway.

Fedor never fought someone who hits as hard as Francis, and Francis never fought someone who is as skilled as Fedor. Pointless debate.
Francis fought Cain

Hard to argue with this when a close to prime Fedor aged 34 got KTFO by a 40 Yr old LHW

Definitely. Very bad matchup for Fedor. Frank the Tank is the much bigger man and his TD defence would hold up.

Even though prime Fedor had speed, power, good chin + great resiliency, his defence wasn't amazing and he would find himself in a firefight with an insurmountable chin + power disadvantage.

Prime Frank isn't unbeatable, as Gane proved, but prime Fedor is not the man to do it.

That is probably true, but quite irrelevant actually. Modern NAVY seals soldier would kill the Achilles in one on one combat, simply because he comes from modern times with modern equipment, but that doesn't mean he is a greater warrior than Achilles.

That is probably true, but quite irrelevant actually. Modern NAVY seals soldier would kill the Achilles in one on one combat, simply because he comes from modern times with modern equipment, but that doesn't mean he is a greater warrior than Achilles.
Achilles with Steph Curry ankle protectors is a p4p goat

I was having this debate with someone over at r/MMA, we were talking about who the greatest HW was. He said it was Fedor because of his resume, whereas I said it would have to be Ngannou because he would be favored H2H against any HW in history. I understand how amazing Fedor was in his day and I'll never forget the butterflies and goosebumps I felt when he finally face off against Mirko and how I walked away from that fight feeling like Fedor was the closest thing to a God-like fighter I've seen. But time goes on and you grow up and you figure out how the world really works. Now I can take my rose colored glasses off and see things for what they are: Francis beats any version of Fedor and he does it within a round. Replace Mirko with Ngannou on that night and Fedir gets carried off on a stretcher. There's not a person on this forum who can say with a straight face Fedor beats Francis H2H and that's why Francis is the greatest HW ever for me. Resumes are only relevant when the guys are so close that you need something to separate them. With Fedor and Francis it's clear who the better fighter is so the resumes are irrelevant.
You lost all credibility once you stated you spend time on reddit.

Francis is literally two or three weightclasses above Fedor.

It makes no sense to compare them, outside of what they accomplished at the time they were fighting at their peak.

I was having this debate with someone over at r/MMA, we were talking about who the greatest HW was. He said it was Fedor because of his resume, whereas I said it would have to be Ngannou because he would be favored H2H against any HW in history. I understand I've never watched a Fedor fight and how amazing Fedor was in his day and I'll never forget the butterflies and goosebumps I felt when he finally face off against Mirko and how I walked away from that fight feeling like Fedor was the closest thing to a God-like fighter I've seen. ......

HERE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME by Ali himself

Back