Francis Ngannou earned more in 2 boxing fights than his entire UFC career

That's a lot of ifs there lol. Especially beating Jones.So again he made more money in boxing faster. He might even fight wilder and make a little more .
Uhhhhh, no?

He'd be at $15M just fighting Jones and having signed the Stipe contract before that. He doesn't make $10M, which is less than $15M, until Fury 7 months after the Jones fight would've happened. All we're really assuming is he fights in October and March like he literally did anyways. Whether he wins against Jones and in October just determines if he's making $8M/fight or less. Which we have no idea what less is supposed to be, but even at the most conservative estimate it's got to have been more than his old contract of $600k.

As to what ifs, it's not like it wasn't a completely unexpected sceario that Francis actually did well against Fury at the same time that Wilder shit the bed against Parker. What was supposed to happen was Fury easily beats Francis to fight Usyk, Wilder beats Parker to fight Joshua, the winners fight to determine the true #1 HW, and Francis goes back to PFL. We only ever got Joshua/Francis because of two unexpected outcomes.

Every time people cite his "low" UFC pay they conveniently never mention he was purposefully fighting out an old contract so he could potentially leave. The UFC was trying to pay him more, he was the one saying no.

They also never mention, apart from the offers you said, that his pay got capped at $600K because he lost that first Stipe fight and so never got bumped to the champion pay built into the contract. Probably should've trained instead of fucking off to France like he did cause he was so cocky coming off obliterating Overeem.

Lastly, Fury himself said that $600k was actually what Francis was worth as someone new to the title scene. Even Fury thought Francis was getting a massive pay grade he hadn't earned yet, by both the UFC and boxing standards.

It's all disengenuous as fuck, and his boxing pay is a massive anomaly.
It's just as disingenuous to say he would get $15 million in a 3 fight clause (as some people allude to in this thread). Although I have not seen the structure of this potential deal he said no to, I'd imagine if he looked bad on fight 1, and fight 2, than offering $10 million for fight 3 would be completely off the table.

But let's assume it is $15 million as people are suggesting and let's ignore his prior pay structure and fights and consider it his build-up days, you are still paying half of what boxing is paying and requiring 3 fights just to get half of what was earned. So the OT still stands he made a much better decision declining the money offer with the deal he got through boxing.

He earned it because he made himself a name in MMA though..

If he went straight to boxning instead MMA chances are he would received alot less

Next make a thread how Jake Paul is a winner for boxing MMA guys and getting more money than UFC fighters. Honestly MMA fans should like MMA fights, not care about money fights. We could've had Ngannou vs Jones/Aspinall/Pavlovich/others. Instead we got to watch him vs 2 of the top boxers. Don't get it wrong, I'm happy he got success, but as a fan we missed out on great fights.

That’s just weird to me. I’m a fight fan first. I’m here for entertainment. First watched mma in the mid 90s. Boxing long before. And kickboxing I watch wrestling and jj events also.

I enjoy it all. I think it’s weird someone would only like mma and not boxing there is nothing better than a big boxing event. Or very rarely. I’m not picking favorites but boxing and mma are both sports I will never miss

Uhhhhh, no?

He'd be at $15M just fighting Jones and having signed the Stipe contract before that. He doesn't make $10M, which is less than $15M, until Fury 7 months after the Jones fight would've happened. All we're really assuming is he fights in October and March like he literally did anyways. Whether he wins against Jones and in October just determines if he's making $8M/fight or less. Which we have no idea what less is supposed to be, but even at the most conservative estimate it's got to have been more than his old contract of $600k.

As to what ifs, it's not like it wasn't a completely unexpected sceario that Francis actually did well against Fury at the same time that Wilder shit the bed against Parker. What was supposed to happen was Fury easily beats Francis to fight Usyk, Wilder beats Parker to fight Joshua, the winners fight to determine the true #1 HW, and Francis goes back to PFL. We only ever got Joshua/Francis because of two unexpected outcomes.

Did you forget that Jones was having contract issues with the UFC and was still working on gaining weight for 2 years? Francis was koing the HW division and having his own issue with Dana. Come on dude, did you leave all the context out by accident? Francis made the right choice, he was already the UFC HW champion koing people dead along the way. He made more money in boxing in less time then he would've in the UFC. And he lost ... And made more money lol

Who was Francis before the ufc? He was a nobody with a loss to Zoumana Cisse on his record. Francis did his part by winning fights in the ufc, and the ufc did their part by promoting him for doing so. Francis refused to re-sign with the ufc numerous times and lost out on a lot of money because of it, that’s his own fault.

Who was the UFC before fighters? Literally nothing.

The only product the UFC has to sell is fighters and their fights. It is a reciprocal relationship. I don't pay for PPV events or ESPN+ because I care Jon Anik is going to tell me to drive a Harley or eat Corn Nuts. Who cares? The fights/fighters are what I'm paying for.

I paid to watch Ngannou fight because its of interest.

It's just as disingenuous to say he would get $15 million in a 3 fight clause (as some people allude to in this thread). Although I have not seen the structure of this potential deal he said no to, I'd imagine if he looked bad on fight 1, and fight 2, than offering $10 million for fight 3 would be completely off the table.

But let's assume it is $15 million as people are suggesting and let's ignore his prior pay structure and fights and consider it his build-up days, you are still paying half of what boxing is paying and requiring 3 fights just to get half of what was earned. So the OT still stands he made a much better decision declining the money offer with the deal he got through boxing.
What?

No, Francis himself said he lost $7M by not resigning for Stipe, and then Jones alone was another $8M without even counting the other fights on that deal. If he beat Jones it's $8M for his next fight, and onwards so long as he remained champion.

We know it's AT LEAST $15M he could've made by just resigning with the UFC along the way. Only the Jones fight is extra than fights he already took, but that's the same thing as taking the Fury anyways to get to $10M. Jones vs Fury is actually $15M vs $10M he could've made.

And if he beat Jones, defended successfully again in October (when he fought Fury), and then tried to defend again in March (when he fought Joshua), he's actually at $31M as his Jones contract was $8M so long as he kept winning and remained champ. Which would be $24M if he makes it to the 3rd fight. And he'd be tied for HW GOAT or surpassed it as at minimum he's at 3 defences by this point, or 4 if he does win in March too, so he's in a prime position to re-sign for an even bigger contract.

Anyways, it's all a moot point as money obviously isn't Francis' concern so the boxing vs MMA purses are irrelevant. The reality is he's just done with MMA so he was always going to boxing even if he never got the Fury or AJ fights. It's fairly obvious at this point considering he's still refusing to commit to fighting in PFL even after AJ KTFO.

Did you forget that Jones was having contract issues with the UFC and was still working on gaining weight for 2 years? Francis was koing the HW division and having his own issue with Dana. Come on dude, did you leave all the context out by accident? Francis made the right choice, he was already the UFC HW champion koing people dead along the way. He made more money in boxing in less time then he would've in the UFC. And he lost ... And made more money lol
Yes, Jones vs Francis should've happened in 2021 when Francis was refusing to defend and so an interim title was created.

Then it totally should've happened in 2022 when Francis had to defend against his interim champ.

Then it totally should've happened after beating his interim champ when Francis was out for the rest of 2022 with injured knees.

Anywho, here's Francis, Francis' coach, and the UFC saying in October 2022 that Jones vs Francis was being planned for March 2023, the very card Jon instead fought Gane on after Francis instead left in Jan 2023.

“A UFC exec called and basically said, ‘Hey, what is your ideal timeline, and what is your ideal match up?’” Nicksick told MMA Junkie Radio. “Does it matter what my opinion is? No, but it is nice that they called and asked. I said ideally I would want March, and ideally I would want Jon Jones.

“The person that called agreed 1 million percent that this is what [UFC] would like, as well,” he continued. “That is what Francis would like. They’re calling to figure out timeline on injury and how long I would need to get him ready.”

He really can't. There is no real following for Francis in boxing. His draw is that he is the UFC "champion", He is also getting a huge payday even though he is on the B side. He isn't going to get paid a lot of money for fighting a lesser matchup. All the big fights disappear when if he gets starched by another fighter like Parker or Zhang.
Francis isn't even a top 10 HW boxer anymore, which he briefly was for his close fight with Fury. That was the only rwason he ever got Joshua, in addition to the much bigger factor that Wilder lost as it was supposed to be AJ/Wilder before that.

The only possible option is Wilder or Zhang for one last freak show fight, but Wilder and Zhang would obviously prefer each other to advance given Francis is no longer even ranked.

He really should just go fight Ferreira in PFL, win or lose retire. He's not pulling off some Cinderella story and coming back to either a boxing or MMA ranking at this point.

Yes, Jones vs Francis should've happened in 2021 when Francis was refusing to defend and so an interim title was created.

Then it totally should've happened in 2022 when Francis had to defend against his interim champ.

Then it totally should've happened after beating his interim champ when Francis was out for the rest of 2022 with injured knees.

Anywho, here's Francis, Francis' coach, and the UFC saying in October 2022 that Jones vs Francis was being planned for March 2023, the very card Jon instead fought Gane on after Francis instead left in Jan 2023.

Remember when Jones was on the stevo podcast that he wasn't going to fight Francis unless he got paid alot of money.. he was having the same issues with Dana.

The fact is he made more money in boxing even losing.. don't know why you can't deal with that lol

Remember when Jones was on the stevo podcast that he wasn't going to fight Francis unless he got paid alot of money.. he was having the same issues with Dana.

The fact is he made more money in boxing even losing.. don't know why you can't deal with that lol
Remember when that was the same period that Francis was refusing to defend against Lewis who'd previously beaten him?

And then Jon did sign and show up for the actual real card that was planned for in March 2023 and Francis didn't precisely because he didn't want to sign a new contract that relied on beating Jones?

I member.

Isn't this like the fourth version of this exact same thread?

LOL at believing all the $ figures you read.

LOL at believing he made $3.5m in 14 UFC fights.

An unopposed false narrative is harmful to human society.

Thank you Clark and Lewis.

Let me add 2 bits:
"Dear dumbfuck sherflakes, the purse figures are promotional lies. Nobody is paying Fury or Ngannou or Joshua tens of millions of dollars for those cringe-production dud events.
You sound stupid when you say you believe the promo hype.
However, when you keep making nutsucker threads professing your belief in the promo hype lies, you look like a complete fucking moron."

Okay?

Thanks.

Remember when that was the same period that Francis was refusing to defend against Lewis who'd previously beaten him?

And then Jon did sign and show up for the actual real card that was planned for in March 2023 and Francis didn't precisely because he didn't want to sign a new contract that relied on beating Jones?

I member.

Yet . Francis made more money . Deal with it lol.

Francis isn't even a top 10 HW boxer anymore, which he briefly was for his close fight with Fury. That was the only rwason he ever got Joshua, in addition to the much bigger factor that Wilder lost as it was supposed to be AJ/Wilder before that.

The only possible option is Wilder or Zhang for one last freak show fight, but Wilder and Zhang would obviously prefer each other to advance given Francis is no longer even ranked.

He really should just go fight Ferreira in PFL, win or lose retire. He's not pulling off some Cinderella story and coming back to either a boxing or MMA ranking at this point.
It isn't going to be with Zhang. Zhang got 600k with Joe Joyce. Zhang can't help sell a PPV. If Francis wants to make headline money then it should be Wilder. Zhang is also taking the rematch with Parker.

Francis Ngannou earned $20 million from his fight against Anthony Joshua.
For his fight with Tyson Fury, he earned $10 million, totalling $30 million for two boxing matches.
He made $3.5 million from 14 UFC fights in 7 years.
Francis Ngannou is the real winner
💰

View attachment 1034741
It is kinda f*cked

but he wouldnt have made that money if he wasnt in the UFC to become a champion.

An unopposed false narrative is harmful to human society.

Thank you Clark and Lewis.

Let me add 2 bits:
"Dear dumbfuck sherflakes, the purse figures are promotional lies. Nobody is paying Fury or Ngannou or Joshua tens of millions of dollars for those cringe-production dud events.
You sound stupid when you say you believe the promo hype.
However, when you keep making nutsucker threads professing your belief in the promo hype lies, you look like a complete fucking moron."

Okay?

Thanks.
None of that changes the fact that this thread has been posted like 4 times now, and that's all I said, chief

Pipe down

He also made all that boxing money because of his UFC career.

He never would have gotten those boxing pay days if he'd started out with boxing because he'd never have gotten that far, and he'd never gotten those chances in boxing if it wasn't for the spotlight the UFC gave him.

UFC is what brought Big Frank to the dance.

Are people saying he never needed the UFC? What's your point here? Is the $30M is worth less than what a regular $30M is worth because he was in the UFC first?

Are people saying he never needed the UFC? What's your point here? Is the $30M is worth less than what a regular $30M is worth because he was in the UFC first?

No, the 30m isn't worth any less because he was in the UFC first.

The OP is comparing what he made in boxing vs MMA like one didn't lead into the other. People dismiss what being the UFC champion allowed him to do.

Back