Francis Ngannou earned more in 2 boxing fights than his entire UFC career

Between the second Stipe fight, and the Gane fight Ngannou SAID he lost $7M by not re-signing before the the Stipe rematch. And he was offered $8M to fight Jones. So that would have been $15M for those 3 fights alone.

I never quite understand why people just somehow seem to forget to mention that? It’s disingenuous as fuck. Actually it’s completely dishonest. If you need to lie to make your point. You have a shitty point.

And he lied his ass off to you people over, and over. And you still kiss his ass. He conned the shit out of you people, and you’re happy about it.. ummmm ok.
This post right here is perfectly said.
People have become so in love with Ngannou that they're completely blind to the facts of the discussion.
Well said, my man

Hell, I guess you and I agree more than disagree , lol <Ellaria01>

The only thing I'd say about the UFC is that they have pulled some petty bullshit along the way. As good as Ngannou was, they took little jabs at him for a time. Remember this:

That was just a little mistake by whatever intern was in charge of writing up the graphics for that card. Lol at the conspiracy minded people in MMA where there are no little mistakes or errors allowed to happen from a promotion that pumps out 40+ event broadcasts a year, no, it must be a conspiracy to the highest level with orders from Dana himself! <Lmaoo>

Good for him.
Dude's an inspiration. He should be 1-1 as a professional boxer.
That said, looking forward to seeing him fight in a cage again; hopefully against high level competition (which may be difficult since the UFC wasn't willing to pay him.)

I don't think he's going to be the same and I think the best he can hope for in MMA is $1 million paydays.

He might have ruined his UFC legacy but who cares, 30 million over the last 2 fights is plenty to retire on, he can also make money on top of that but if somebody paid me 30mil, I would never work again

Great for him! A little CTE is worth Generational wealth, imo

I do not believe these figures of 50 M to Joshua and 20 M to Ngannou.

......it's Saudi Arabia, which makes it very believable. They've gone mental on sports in recent years.

But no one really knows.

As a fan, I only think selfishly about what I want to see. could give a fuck if francis goes and fights boxing who cares? he's an mma fighter, It's where he's made a name for himself.

you say you're happy he got success, I think he got exploited like a Caged Gorilla tourist hurl handfuls of peanuts at. yes he's financially secure, but when he was UFC champion, He was successful, In boxing he just got Violently KO'D and made look like an amatur. Where's the success? he found wealth, but I would not call it success. If anything it ruined his reputation and possibly his career.
Exactly its his legacy vs money. He could've beat Jones and Aspinall and been the HW goat. Instead he got the circus fights.

That was just a little mistake by whatever intern was in charge of writing up the graphics for that card. Lol at the conspiracy minded people in MMA where there are no little mistakes or errors allowed to happen from a promotion that pumps out 40+ event broadcasts a year, no, it must be a conspiracy to the highest level with orders from Dana himself! <Lmaoo>
<36>

"Say what I want you to say. Believe what I want you to believe."

ohnodanabulletproof.gif

I don't think there's anything else to add about Francis Ngannou's career, his boxing journey is done and he'll never fight legitimate competition in MMA again, he has become irrelevant to me now. All discussions about him now revolve around money earned, which is quite boring.

In Boxing you fight the top guy or you get stripped.
Yup. And the really big fights usually some kind of rematch clause in them so fighters can't just move onto the next lesser guy if the obvious next fight should be a rematch.

I love all the boxing discussions by MMA fans because you really do find out that none of them follow boxing. I don't either besides big fights, but even I know the champs have mandatory defences and rematches built into the sport to ensure they're constantly fighting who's next instead of the scrubs MMA fans pretend they do. They're "scrubs" because you're mad they're not unifying with a rival promotion lol. When's the last time the UFC made their fighter fight Bellator's champ?

In MMA the UFC simply hangs it over their heads that they could strip you if you refuse to defend against someone. In boxing they WILL strip you if you don't meet the timeliness requirements as it's literally built into it.

......it's Saudi Arabia, which makes it very believable. They've gone mental on sports in recent years.

But no one really knows.
Saudi Arabia cared so much about having Francis/Joshua that they held it on a Friday so it wouldn't interrupt their F1 Grand Prix happening over the weekend.

Oh.

All big fighters tend to earn more later in their careers after they're established names though

Back