Francis Ngannou earned more in 2 boxing fights than his entire UFC career

Good for him.
Dude's an inspiration. He should be 1-1 as a professional boxer.
That said, looking forward to seeing him fight in a cage again; hopefully against high level competition (which may be difficult since the UFC wasn't willing to pay him.)
No other MMA organization was either.
Wanna know why? HE WASNT WORTH THE ROI!!!

No, the 30m isn't worth any less because he was in the UFC first.

The OP is comparing what he made in boxing vs MMA like one didn't lead into the other. People dismiss what being the UFC champion allowed him to do.

I don't read the same implication in the TS post. But I'm not going to argue the point if that's how you took it.

Regarding the Ngannou/UFC relationship; they both made use of the other to further their goals. I just think it's odd that people are pissed he wanted to gamble and take his skills to another combat sport to try and make more money. At that point that the contract had expired, he didn't owe the UFC anything else, and they didn't owe Ngannou anything else. He didn't think they offered enough money, so he left, and It seems to have paid off for him. It's really weird that people are pissed off at him for persuing better financial opportunities and finding them.

I don't read the same implication in the TS post. But I'm not going to argue the point if that's how you took it.

Regarding the Ngannou/UFC relationship; they both made use of the other to further their goals. I just think it's odd that people are pissed he wanted to gamble and take his skills to another combat sport to try and make more money. At that point that the contract had expired, he didn't owe the UFC anything else, and they didn't owe Ngannou anything else. He didn't think they offered enough money, so he left, and It seems to have paid off for him. It's really weird that people are pissed off at him for persuing better financial opportunities and finding them.

Yeh, I don't really get that hate people have for him.

Even the UFC aren't likely to give much of a shit. It's not like they were going to get a heap more miles out of Frank. He's 37. They got a great run out of him, and he out of them. Then he went and got even more in boxing.

The UFC would be pretty happy with how things further played out as well. Frank left, and then went and got his star power hurt pretty badly by AJ, but he did it all after signing for big pay days with PFL. UFC would be loving that their only competitor are overpaying for Frank instead of them going forward.

Yeh, I don't really get that hate people have for him.

Even the UFC aren't likely to give much of a shit. It's not like they were going to get a heap more miles out of Frank. He's 37. They got a great run out of him, and he out of them. Then he went and got even more in boxing.

The UFC would be pretty happy with how things further played out as well. Frank left, and then went and got his star power hurt pretty badly by AJ, but he did it all after signing for big pay days with PFL. UFC would be loving that their only competitor are overpaying for Frank instead of them going forward.

Hell, I guess you and I agree more than disagree , lol <Ellaria01>

The only thing I'd say about the UFC is that they have pulled some petty bullshit along the way. As good as Ngannou was, they took little jabs at him for a time. Remember this:

Hell, I guess you and I agree more than disagree , lol <Ellaria01>

The only thing I'd say about the UFC is that they have pulled some petty bullshit along the way. As good as Ngannou was, they took little jabs at him for a time. Remember this:

Haha fuck. I lost it when I was watching and that came up on screen.

So fucking petty by the UFC haha.

Don't get it wrong, I'm happy he got success, but as a fan we missed out on great fights.
As a fan, I only think selfishly about what I want to see. could give a fuck if francis goes and fights boxing who cares? he's an mma fighter, It's where he's made a name for himself.

you say you're happy he got success, I think he got exploited like a Caged Gorilla tourist hurl handfuls of peanuts at. yes he's financially secure, but when he was UFC champion, He was successful, In boxing he just got Violently KO'D and made look like an amatur. Where's the success? he found wealth, but I would not call it success. If anything it ruined his reputation and possibly his career.

Francis Ngannou earned $20 million from his fight against Anthony Joshua.
For his fight with Tyson Fury, he earned $10 million, totalling $30 million for two boxing matches.
He made $3.5 million from 14 UFC fights in 7 years.
Francis Ngannou is the real winner
💰

View attachment 1034741

MMA fighters doing boxing is like a girl making an Onlyfans

Millions of people are going to watch them get fucked but at least they're making good money

Maybe if the UFC paid better we'd get better fights in MMA.
Honestly that seems to have the opposite affect. Once fighters start getting paid real money they change from anytime, anywhere savages to annoying social media divas that DON'T NEED to fight anymore.

Keep them hungry, literally, and they'll fight anybody.

Sure. But in boxing champs fight cans or at least overmatched opposition all the time. Could have milked it bit more.

Not worth the risk of blowing a big name payday imo. Francis is also too old to risk injury etc. Needs to get in while he can.

Cheery picking at HW, unless you are going to pick a guy nobody know or will pay to see is dangerous. Francis was supposed to be Fury's cherry pick remember and Fury is a much better known quality than Francis.

Probably totals more than the entire UFC roster for a year. Maybe 2.

good for him
also khabib earned more in the ufc than nganou earned in boxing

please stop with this earned thing

just admit he look like a trash against boxers

theres like 200 boxers out there who is more deserving to earn that purse
than a novice nganou

the man conned the arabs
only arabs pay that kind of money
69k ppvs lol

Real winner was AJ getting paid 50M or whatever for a glorified exhibition match.

Anyhow, good for Francis. The guy is a good dude who has a remarkable story and its great that it paid off. Having said that, Dana is also not wrong when he said Francis wanted to take less risk to make more money. Fighting two all time great boxers in matches he was expected to lose was less risk to make more money than defending his HW strap against Jones.

The greed at the brass level is to high
I agree that fighter pay is a major issue in the UFC. I do not agree however, that the Francis debacle was a fighter pay issue. The UFC offered him 8M for one fight alone and he turned it down because he (rightfully) believed that boxing money would pay for. He was right and good for him but the UFC did their part. The bitter reality is once boxing became a possibility for Francis, all hopes of him staying in MMA flew out the window.

Back