Francis Ngannou: First PFL Opponent to Receive $2 Million Guarantee

I still wanna see Ngannou against JBJ though

I don't give a fuck about shilling for UFC or spending my time clapping for people standing up against UFC. I am a mma fan who loves fights. Ngannou vs UFC HWs (Jones/Sergei) >>> (Freakshow boxing matches + fight PFL in mid 2024.) If Ngannou was still signed in UFC, they would of put more pressure than mid 2024 return after beating Gane.

People can be neutral and dgaf about sides and just want best outcome. Atleast back in the day Fedor was outside UFC so you could justify a great fight outside of it. There's nothing I'm aware of for Ngannou.
Look, I appreciate your point of view but the reality is that jones would never have stepped up to fight at HW as long as Ngannou was in the picture. That is abundantly clear to most normal people, outside of the fucking hacks on this site, because, for three years he was "bulking up" to fight at HW with an Ngannou contract waiting for him. You saw him against Gane (I personally think the fight was rigged), did jon jones look "bulked up" to you? Not even in the slightest. He looked like his normal 245-250lb self without a weight cut. As jon jones HIMSELF HAS STATED, he has been "waiting for the right opponent at HW to take advantage of" and you were never going to see him "take advantage" of Ngannou.

Who gets the 2 million to fight Ngannou is anybody's guess but whether or not it works for PFL remains to be seen. My point is that rooting for the demise of that organization seems like a fucking UFC shill thing to do. As a TRUE FIGHT FAN

Maybe some of us are your overbearing boss.... stupid ass lmao.

The stories in your head... he made it on his own and screwed his boss! What? He went from working at target to Walmart....
You have exposed yourself as a fucking shill.... he didn't "screw" his boss.... his contract ended and he chose not to renew it.

UFC ballsack on your breath is a bad stigma for your image.

No one is.

My point was how much money will Francis have made in the time-span between his last fight with Gane and his next fight with whomever it may be?

So even IF he gets paid more money, he will be 2+ years older and during those 2 years he didn't make squat when he could have been pulling in millions.

You ever hear the expression, "Strike while the iron is hot"?
You have a valid point but he seems to have "struck while the iron is hot" and landed himself a pretty sweet deal while Dana White has tried to convince us that he is worthless. He gets to do things on his terms and that's all that he ever wanted. The UFC could have been part of his vision, like they were with McGregor, but now they have to accept the fact that EVERYONE on their roster is now second fiddle to the baddest man on the planet from another ORG. Are they still the greatest promotion on Earth? Of course but they no longer have the best fighter in the world.

He watched the Gane fight and fought Gane himself.
He had plenty of time after Ngannou vs Gane to throw his hat in the ring.... morons, like you, seem to forget that jones actually championed Ngannou for standing his ground and walking away from the UFC... before he didn't.

Is all of mma outside the UFC just a big money laundering scheme by cartels/foreign govs?

Between Francis and whoever he's fighting that'll be roughly 11 million. Just to cover that they'll need to sell 220k ppv's at $50, not even factoring in paying the rest of the card and general operating expenses. Then 50% of their profits will go to Francis.

So the plan is for a PPV headlined by Francis vs realistically the 25th ranked heavyweight in the world to not only surpass but more than double the sales of any other non-UFC MMA PPV in history?

As a big Francis doubter when he first left, I was totally wrong he killed it with this deal. But just explain to me how this works for the PFL?
Bob, where is that 11m number coming from??

I don't think his style would transition well. For how big he is he doesn't hit that hard and that's a big problem at HW.

I think more recently he's shown a good amount of power, I think the issue maybe more how his defence carries over as he does use the big gloves a good deal.

What a loser. Imagine being that desperate to avoid a trilogy with Stipe that he signs with that gang. Poor simple minded Francis got played.
So good.

1. Man leaves UFC looking for things that inspire him more, for the right pay
  2. World says "he's asking for too much- he'll never be successful"
  3. He gets what he's asking for - more than he expected to actually get, in his own words
  4. *The goalpost is uprooted, walked further downfield and planted*
  5. "What a loser - he got everything he was looking for - he lost bigtime - he should have instead accepted what he didn't want from the UFC!!"

Never change, Sherdog!

Also, what's funny is you're outing yourself as far more simple-minded than Francis, while calling him simple-minded. And, it's pretty clear from his recent Ariel interview, that he's smarter than 99% of fighters and is pretty sophisticated in his thinking for a fighter.

The more capably he wields the English language, the more his obvious intelligence shines through. You can CLEARLY see why a guy this smart and self-assured would not get along well under the UFC's politics. If all fighters were as smart as Francis, I'm not sure the UFC would exist, tbh. Def not in its present form.

He had plenty of time after Ngannou vs Gane to throw his hat in the ring.... morons, like you, seem to forget that jones actually championed Ngannou for standing his ground and walking away from the UFC... before he didn't.
After barely winning against Gane on the ground Francis knew better than jump in the deep waters with Jones.

You have exposed yourself as a fucking shill.... he didn't "screw" his boss.... his contract ended and he chose not to renew it.

UFC ballsack on your breath is a bad stigma for your image.
You don't know what sarcasm is? .... my point was that he didn't screw over his boss.... come on man be better.

Look, I appreciate your point of view but the reality is that jones would never have stepped up to fight at HW as long as Ngannou was in the picture. That is abundantly clear to most normal people, outside of the fucking hacks on this site, because, for three years he was "bulking up" to fight at HW with an Ngannou contract waiting for him. You saw him against Gane (I personally think the fight was rigged), did jon jones look "bulked up" to you? Not even in the slightest. He looked like his normal 245-250lb self without a weight cut. As jon jones HIMSELF HAS STATED, he has been "waiting for the right opponent at HW to take advantage of" and you were never going to see him "take advantage" of Ngannou.

Who gets the 2 million to fight Ngannou is anybody's guess but whether or not it works for PFL remains to be seen. My point is that rooting for the demise of that organization seems like a fucking UFC shill thing to do. As a TRUE FIGHT FAN
You probably said McGregor was never coming back as long as khabib was champion too. Lol

I think more recently he's shown a good amount of power, I think the issue maybe more how his defence carries over as he does use the big gloves a good deal.
He still seems to have below average punching power, especially for a guy that is 255+. I don't think a high volume below average puncher has come over from kickboxing to MMA and done well. All the kickboxers that transitioned well that I can think of were known for their power.

I could see some of the more durable power punchers at HW just walking through his strikes and KOing him, though he might be winning till it happens.

He still seems to have below average punching power, especially for a guy that is 255+. I don't think a high volume below average puncher has come over from kickboxing to MMA and done well. All the kickboxers that transitioned well that I can think of were known for their power.

I could see some of the more durable power punchers at HW just walking through his strikes and KOing him, though he might be winning till it happens.

He tends to often be quite careful keeping a higher guard and looking to break people down but when he does throw to finish he has hurt people pretty often, I don't think he's someone you can just walk though.

His one MMA fight as well his grappling did seem quite good, actually won on the ground. Indeed I could see his tactics in MMA being to use takedowns to counter aggression.

He tends to often be quite careful keeping a higher guard and looking to break people down but when he does throw to finish he has hurt people pretty often, I don't think he's someone you can just walk though.

His one MMA fight as well his grappling did seem quite good, actually won on the ground. Indeed I could see his tactics in MMA being to use takedowns to counter aggression.
That changes a lot, having the threat of the takedown would help a lot with controlling the range and keep people from just whinging bombs at him that are more likely to land without the big gloves.

Does Francis have a guaranteed dollar figure for himself? Seems more likely he agreed a percentage of the profits and is hoping their huge?

But I don't remember a non-UFC MMA PPV doing more than 100k buys.
From what I’ve read it’s just shy of 8 figures per fight
Bob, where is that 11m number coming from??
The reports I’ve been seeing have Francis making “high 8 figures per fight” and that his opponent is required to make at least 2 mill minimum. So I figured 8-9 mill for Francis the 2 mill for whoever he fights.

After barely winning against Gane on the ground Francis knew better than jump in the deep waters with Jones.
Mods should be all over UFC shills like you but then I think some of the mods might be shills, as well.

jones said that he would not step in the ring with Ngannou and was even asking to be cut from the UFC because they were treating him like a slave and trying to force him to fight Ngannou...

You fucking pathetic, weak minded, UFC guys seem to think that we are ACTUALLY Shertards... we remember. Don't know if jones took down the posts, go look for yourself.

Back