Media Francis Ngannou has made $30 million from two boxing matches. He only made $3.5 million from 14 UFC fights in 7 years!

Retire. Cut ties with the entourage before he blows all his money. And disappear. Live a modest and low key life. And invest some of that money into a modest, low key and stable business for his and his family's future.

That is what he should do now. Anybody telling him otherwise is pigheaded at best...malicious at worst
Have you seen how he dresses, and the crew he keeps around him? That's the obvious smart move but he's not about to do that.

It's fun watching the mental gymnastics and goalpost shifting of anti-UFC shills.

Before it was:
  • Francis turned down the UFC bag to take a stand against their exploitation of fighters because Francis has INTEGRITY!
  • Let me breakdown UFC's business profits in glorious detail and show you why Francis deserves a much bigger piece of the pie!
And when Francis kowtows to the Saudi Royals and his PPV was reported to have sold abysmally, all of a sudden it turns into:
  • The only thing that matters is Francis getting the bag!
  • The business realities of the event doesn't matter because Francis deserves to get paid this much regardless!
So Francis turned down the UFC bag to take a stand against exploitation......in order to grab a bigger bag from people engaged in 100x worse exploitation because of...integrity?

So PPV balance sheets really matter when it comes to deciding how much Francis should get paid......unless if the PPV didn't do well in which case the balance sheets do not maddur because Francis deserves to get overpaid.

<36>

lol that is some level of spin, maybe some people said what you said and you're pinning everything on that it seems but most people seemed to view it in a more simple way which was.. UFC offered Francis xxx amount, he believes he is worth more and is testing himself and let's see how that goes. The memes of He FuMbLed Da BaG was everywhere and then he got a bigger bag... Everything else is just cope as the kids say these days.

Which is far more likely, Francis beating Jones in MMA or Francis split decisioning Tyson Fury in boxing?

<seedat>
I'd say the latter even without hindsight bias lmao. I think there is a high chance (at least 50%) he loses to Jones. Then consider if he got through him he would still need to win several more fights.

Here he went 0 and 2 and secured the bag 2/2 times. I mean come on man.

I'd say the latter even without hindsight bias lmao. I think there is a high chance (at least 50%) he loses to Jones. Then consider if he got through him he would still need to win several more fights.

Here he went 0 and 2 and secured the bag 2/2 times. I mean come on man.

You're on drugs if you think Francis has a better chance of getting a close split decision against Fury than winning against Jones. Francis was literally a -200+ favorite to win against Jones.

You're on drugs if you think Francis has a better chance of getting a close split decision against Fury than winning against Jones. Francis was literally a -200+ favorite to win against Jones.
Man I thought Jones would win that fight BEFORE I saw what he did to Gane. It's crazy to defend having to START with a divisional goat and win multiple other fights, vs going 0/2 and getting MORE money.

Was a ruf night in the ring, I think he came in too cocky switching stances not respecting what AJ could do.
But it's still a win bank wise and now we can see him gt back MMA.

Man I thought Jones would win that fight BEFORE I saw what he did to Gane. It's crazy to defend having to START with a divisional goat and win multiple other fights, vs going 0/2 and getting MORE money.

It's not about whether you or I personally think is more likely, otherwise I could just as easily say "I think Francis has better chance of winning the next 20 UFC HW fights in a row by KO than not getting KTFO by Fury in 10 rounds, therefore he should have stayed in MMA and made way more money". It's about what the average odds are on betting sites, and Francis was a slight betting favorite against Jones vs. a massive underdog against Fury.

You're also conveniently omitting the key context in your argument. Francis isn't starting with the divisional GOAT, he was 10+ fights deep into his UFC career and the reigning HW champion, who else would he be fighting? Him being UFC HW champion was also the very reason he got the bag in boxing, he wasn't some nobody getting paid 10 million in his pro debut.

If you want an honest comparison, then it's ~8 million guaranteed vs Jones in MMA vs. ~10 million guaranteed vs. Fury in boxing. Everything beyond those numbers are performance based and not guaranteed.

It's not about whether you or I personally think is more likely, otherwise I could just as easily say "I think Francis has better chance of winning the next 20 UFC HW fights in a row by KO than not getting KTFO by Fury in 10 rounds, therefore he should have stayed in MMA and made way more money". It's about what the average odds are on betting sites, and Francis was a slight betting favorite against Jones vs. a massive underdog against Fury.

You're also conveniently omitting the key context in your argument. Francis isn't starting with the divisional GOAT, he was 10+ fights deep into his UFC career and the reigning HW champion, who else would he be fighting? Him being UFC HW champion was also the very reason he got the bag in boxing, he wasn't some nobody getting paid 10 million in his pro debut.

If you want an honest comparison, then it's ~8 million guaranteed vs Jones in MMA vs. ~10 million guaranteed vs. Fury in boxing. Everything beyond those numbers are performance based and not guaranteed.

What was gauranteed if he signed with the UFC was that he was going to be locked into them for the rest of his career.. from memory he did ask for a 1 fight deal but they were looking to lock him in long term and the 8 mill was only vs Jones.

What was gauranteed if he signed with the UFC was that he was going to be locked into them for the rest of his career.. from memory he did ask for a 1 fight deal but they were looking to lock him in long term and the 8 mill was only vs Jones.

Yes indeed, and that's the comparison people should be making instead - a multi-million but completely locked down contract vs. a contract with 20%-30% better guaranteed purse but infinitely more freedom, instead of this dishonest "30 million vs. 3.5 million" narrative which completely ignores any context, such as Francis himself purposely turning down significantly higher pay to run out his existing UFC contract.

Jones doesn't want to cross over to boxing, as he doesn't want to embarrass the sport, by smashing their best fighters, he's much to holy to do that

St Jones would smash Aj in a single round, but he is too good of a human and not full of pride to do that
Saint Jones could outbox Muhammad Ali, knock out Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Lennox Lewis and both the Klitschko brothers in one night

I was thinking the other day, is Jon Jones the baddest man in the planet, or the nicest man on the planet based on what he has contributed to humanity. Maybe he is both

He essentially played MMA and used it as a springboard to pimp out MMA and his legacy for a couple of boxing handouts.

He has now made MMA the punchline of every meme this week… congrats Frankie

GIMT8dTXkAA-t-r.jpg:large

All while MMA was sticking its huge figurative cock in his ass and fuckin him over for his pay.

Fuck what anyone says, that dude deserves every dollar he gets sir.

Man Frank is old news now anyway
Did you see that new HW we got last night, guy is a savage!

"Staggering 8M" (yes yes, I know, more than I have etc) when Anthony Joshua got paid 50 million for that fight. The non-current champion Anthony Joshua, when apparently the reason Ngannou's team turned down that 3 fight contract is that his pay would plummet if he lost the belt. Probably to 500k/500k. Imagine that. Going from a champion-caliber, but non champion fighter, like Anthony Joshua, making 50 million, to 1 million if you win. 100x pay difference.
I do not exactly know what you are getting at.

people like to talk about how nggano made more boxing than he made in ufc. well, frank made more in boxing than 99% of boxers, including olympians and people who’ve been at it for over a decade. and he only had the platform to get the first boxing match because he was ufc champ, with one defense, after going 1-1 with the previous champ. that’s to say nothing of nggano’s piss poor drawing power.

so overall, ufc did right by ol’ frank. it’s good he found some suckers willing to pay him $30 million, but as a commodity, he’s never been worth that much. in the end, frank’s legacy is basically his own enrichment.

Where did the $70 million come from?

It's a $40 PPV.
You'd need 2 million buys just to break even.
The actual buy was likely closer to 50K.

Errybody likes to say Arabs and Saudi Fund don't care, but no one has ever presented a shred of evidence that Arabs or Saudi Fund are willing to smoke a mil, much less 70 mil.

The biggest news about the fight was the purse.
Not the fight.
The purse.

Promoters are smart. The more attention they get, the more money they make.
So they say whatever they need to get the attention.

The headline on sherdog is not "Joshua defeats Ngannou!"

The headline is "UFC sucks because Ngannou 20 million!"

Hilarious isn't it?

You really think anyone is burning cash to pay Ngannou 20 mil or Joshua 50 mil?

I mean, to burn 70mil, first you gotta have 70 mil.
Who has 70 mil?
Which members of that group are actually willing to pour gas on it and light a match?

[smiley face and thumbs up here]

[and that jlaw gif here]

Back