News Francis Ngannou his 18-month-old son has passed away

Aw, man. Francis is really a good guy and this is so awful for him.

As somebody expecting their first child, I can only imagine the immense pain. Thoughts go out to him and his family.
Just wait until u hold your child for the first time and you just can't imagine ever loving someone more. My daughter is 10 and there hasn't been one single day where we haven't been completely ridiculous together. She still waits by the door for me to come home from work, facetimes me for hours on the weekend while I'm at work. If I go somewhere, she goes with me. I'll never miss a day bc I've always lived like there might not be a tomorrow. So take my advice and spend as much time with them as you can and never take a single day for granted

Fuck. Heart breaking.

I've been an ER RN for a long time and after dozens of pediatric deaths I had to step away from ED for a while. Seeing parents like Francis suffer this unspeakable pain, seeing their little lifeless bodies over and over, performing live saving measures that failed and feeling them fade away was too fucking much. I can't imagine what Francis is going through and to be honest it's absolutely dreadful that someone who has already been through so much in his life also has to experience this.

I've seen parents / handed their kids to them as they screamed their names over and over and cursed God for them not waking up and I've never slept a good night afterward. I have no idea how the parents themselves carry on. If something happened to my child I don't know how I'd carry on.

Thoughts and prayers of course but mostly just empathy for this life shattering tragedy. Fuck.

Fuck man, I'm sorry. You never know what people have been through. I lost a pregnancy with my SO and that was devastating, can't imagine getting to know them and see them and something awful happening. Your poor mother.

Blessing bud.
Respect.

Question, how many of your coworkers at that type, were actually callous and didn't really give a fk?

Only curious because I know several so cal firefighters. Seems like majority of them are constantly shaken up, but have met a few that are seemingly unaffected by what most would consider unspeakable tragedy.

Thanks!

I don't know what to add, that's already been said. I just hope he somehow finds peace of mind through this tragedy.

Rest in peace to Kobe.

Damn. I have a son around that age, I can't even imagine what he's feeling. Praying him and his family get through this 🙏

Horrible...wish him and his family as much ease as possible coming to terms with their loss.

"what we're fighting tooth and nail to get away from is what finally hits us the hardest" - I think he means how one of his goals was to make sure he had enough money to pay for healthcare if his mother or family ever got ill, that he'd be powerful enough to help them.

Respect.

Question, how many of your coworkers at that type, were actually callous and didn't really give a fk?

Only curious because I know several so cal firefighters. Seems like majority of them are constantly shaken up, but have met a few that are seemingly unaffected by what most would consider unspeakable tragedy.

Thanks!

There's a weird "not give a fuck" vs. "coping through detachment" dichotomy. With adults I detach to cope. We can joke about our work, even fucked up shit, but that's really an adult only thing. I couldn't do that with the peds, I just detached and either didn't talk about it or I tried to be there for my team mates who needed support so I didn't have to focus on how it affected me.

It's much easier to "not give a fuck" about the annoying population. meth heads who yell and scream at you, for example. They need help but that empathy runs dry real quick and it becomes transactional.

Fuck, that's so sad :(

RIP little man. Thoughts are with Frances and family right now.

I'm going to my neices funeral this weekend myself, it hits hard. I changed her diapers 20 years ago when she was a baby still.

Lifes fleeting. I'm Only 32, I dont want to ever see someone I knew as a baby in a casket.

Heart goes out to ngannou. Hardest thing to deal with the death of your offspring, So im told.

I'm going to my neices funeral this weekend myself, it hits hard. I changed her diapers 20 years ago when she was a baby still.

Lifes fleeting. I'm Only 32, I dont want to ever see someone I knew as a baby in a casket.

Heart goes out to ngannou. Hardest thing to deal with the death of your offspring, So im told.

Sorry to hear this brother.

Could never never in a million years imagine losing my boy

My heart to him and his family

Absolutely horrible.

Rest in peace

I hope Ngannou and his wife can find healing at some point

Terrible sad news. I just seen some information on SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) being on the rise. This stuff is the scariest imo at least with a sick child you have awareness. Having a child dying spontaneously to SIDS or some unforeseen accident out of nowhere has to be the worst possible thing imaginable. I think he might be old enough to not be at risk of SIDS perhaps an accident?

That’s terrible, and should be a lesson to all you infants on here who love to gloat about how much money a guy made as if that’s somehow making them immune to all the vulnerabilities of life we all face. “Cold death beats equally at a poor man’s gate and at the palaces of kings”.

I bet Francis would trade every penny he made fighting just to have his son back.

Last edited:
Alhamdulilah.

I hope Francis finds peace and treasures the love he and he son had for each other.

really sad to hear, tragic. condolences to Francis & everyone who knew & loved him, rest in peace little guy

Back