Rumored Francis Ngannou Might Put MMA on Hold for Another Boxing Match

Ngannou will do whatever the fuck he wants to, lol.

It's funny watching posters get butthurt because he's free and not under the UFC's thumb. Guaranteed if Conor or Jones announced a boxing crossover, everyone would be shilling how good it is for the sport and how accomplished they are as fighters.

Good on Frank for finally getting paid. How he earns it is his business.
short-sighted. PFL gave him a sweetheart deal and he's screwing them. You think they're going to treat fighters like this moving forward?

"Ngannou might put 1 million dollars payout for another 10 millions dollars payout"
no shit, who wouldn't?
also the number of people in this thread who only read the title or the first line is amazing...

So hes made 10 mil for the Fury fight and 20 mil for the AJ fight. And if he ever fights in the PFL they have to pay his opponent 2m and him probably multiple times that.

Is that the kind of money the UFC was supposed to be paying him? is he worth that? so if they pay him that what should they pay his opponents? what about the guys in the co-main? what about the rest of the card? we expect stacked cards in MMA right? does the UFC spending tens of millions in fight purses every month to make halfway decent PPV cards seem like a sustainable model?

If he can't swing a headline against Wilder to cash out his career in full, then he could probably fight Zhang under a main event sometime. Either way though, I think I'd prefer him to take at least one MMA fight in the meantime. It's a risk, but being a current MMA HW champ should give him more negotiating power. I'd think murdering Bader shouldn't be too hard for him (they are merging, right? Why have that combo card if they're not?)
Bader already got murdered by that giant Ferreira in PFL, would like to see that match between Fereira and Ngannou
1710841033454.png

PFL be like... after giving into everything Francis wanted
View attachment 1035314
did they actually gave something for now tough? legit asking i don't know
he sigh with them under the condition of being allowed to box, wich he did, and it's not like francis needed the PFL connections to get a boxing match, so as of now seems like the PFL only gave francis a bullshit title as head of PFL africa (doesn't even exist) and a PFL shirt to his mother

{<hhh]

Frank was always a Diva

Who’s going to want to fight him now ?
The boxing world has already moved on

Who cares, he made his 30 million.

Won a UFC title, knocked down the best hw, and current world champ.

If Francis walks away now, he won at life, he started way too late to ever to be technical.. he maximised his opportunity.

I know what he means by boxing owing him something. Boxing destroyed his aura where was always known for knockout power to the point he never considered he could KTFO and Anthony Joshua and boxing destroyed that aura.

He still has not been humbled after being nearly killed by Anthony Joshua. He always faked humbleness. Before the AJ fight, he was claiming he was the no. 1 boxer in the world. AJ beat the brakes off of him sending him to the shadow realm and this guy is still too dumb to even realize what hit him

Yeah I like Francis and his story is insane but he has always had a character problem. Pre-Stipe 1, the guy was still greener than grass and was already so far into his head on thinking that he was going to effortlessly run right through Stipe with his KO power alone. Even all of his former coaches and sparring partners and Chatri have publicly stated that Francis has an ego problem so they can't all be lying can they.

Yeah I agree he is LHW GOAT (assuming you put cheating aside). He moved up and beat some guy picked out of a hat. His HW title is of no legitimate lineage. His one and only HW win was NOT against a champion and not even a former champion. GSP moved up and he had only 1 MW win but it was against the reigning champion. Jon could have faced the last champion in Stipe Miocic but instead he and the UFC chose Cyril who is a perfect style match up for Jon.

Beating a single guy doesn't make you the champion. That is why when a title is vacated there should be a tournament, AN OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT otherwise the lineage is dubious. Charles wasn't truly the LW champion when he beat Chandler. It wasn't until he beat Dustin and Justin that his lineage was validated.

Jon isn't the HW champion that would be still vacant. Jon and Stipe are apparently fighting for the 2nd bracket of the HW touney. Tom beat Pav to win his spot in the finals. Jon may win his bracket and then retire and if Tom "Defends" his spot he AUTOMATICALLY becomes the DEFENDING CHAMPION and Jon's belt becomes the "Legacy" belt.
You know you can dismiss Jones' accomplishments without burying Ciryl as "some guy picking out of a hat". The guy is a legit HW and if he really was a bum, he would have had far more than 2L's.

“Boxing owes him something”.

Oh you mean the guy with no honour, or sense of loyalty is once again going back on the promise he made to the PFL?

Why am I not surprised? And the rubes keep getting conned by the guy.

Boxing owes him.. Holy fuck.

View attachment 1035284
came to say this ^^“I feel like boxing owes me something now.WhaT! i bet the plan was to never Do MMA again everybody remember his knee Surgery...mma Naa,,, i take a 3rd 0 please... but i want more money what joke

I had no idea there was anybody who thought Francis Ngannou was a more decorated MMA fighter than Jon Jones. Jon's won more title fights than Francis even has fights in the UFC. Francis lost to Derrick Lewis, is 1-1 with Stipe, and nearly lost to Gane, who Jones only took 2 minutes to beat. Conor was at least 2-0 in title fights in 2 divisions at the time, and even that they had to handicap with an older smaller guy. Francis got flatlined in 4 minutes by a guy 20 lbs smaller than him.

The premise is wrong anyway because nobody wants to see Jones box either, nor would anybody say it's interesting if Conor tried to box Dmitry Bivol.
Not gonna lie, it is actually insane that Jon alone has won more title fights (against some legends of the sport) than Francis has fights in the UFC.

Thaaaank you!
Some of us saw through his bullshit from the beginning. Francis nut swingers are awfully quiet now aren’t they.
He’s never been a draw and he def lost all his negotiating leverage at this point.
I mean what organization would sit down in good faith with this con man?
Dana sitting back laughing right now because he knows he dodged a bullet and now he's someone else's problem.

Dana definitey dodged a bullet, as unfortunate as it is to say that. I like Francis and wished he stayed in the UFC; Jones/Francis would have been one of the biggest fights in UFC's history. But yes, Dana and the UFC made the right decision. Unless your name is Conor McGregor, no fighter(especially one who cant draw flies to poo) is worth the trouble Francis causes.

Bader already got murdered by that giant Ferreira in PFL, would like to see that match between Fereira and Ngannou
View attachment 1035317

Oh i would too and think that's the most sensible, but PFL owns Bellator and PFL only has yearly tournament belts while Bader is still the Bellator champ despite losing. So it'd be in PFL's interest to give Ngannou an easy first fight, depose Bader as champ, and putting a belt on Ngannou would only further build the potential fight with Ferreira, while it'd be in Ngannou's interest to walk around with a belt again.

Ngannou-Ferreira is the ultimate goal here, I just get the feeling Bader for a belt is an easier contract to sign than against Ferreira alone without one, or entering the 2024 tournament if they even have one

Hell, Delija won the 2022 tournament championship while beating Ferreira and hasn't lost since, and no one's throwing his name around either, so I don't know how much the tournament format is really helping get these guys over

So hes made 10 mil for the Fury fight and 20 mil for the AJ fight. And if he ever fights in the PFL they have to pay his opponent 2m and him probably multiple times that.

Is that the kind of money the UFC was supposed to be paying him? is he worth that? so if they pay him that what should they pay his opponents? what about the guys in the co-main? what about the rest of the card? we expect stacked cards in MMA right? does the UFC spending tens of millions in fight purses every month to make halfway decent PPV cards seem like a sustainable model?
Nobody is worth that money. Even if you are Conor, it is stretching it.

Eh, I am not too fused with this. PFL(even with the Bellator merger) does not have any credible HW's to really represent a true challenge against Francis. Even with him being shadowrealmed, he is still leagues ahead of the PFL HW's combined.

However, his lack of commitment to the PFL just serves to show that Dana's decision to let Francis walk was a fine business decision on the UFC's end. People are already moaning about the Jon Jones/Tom Aspinall situation as to Jones holding the division out for his Stipe fight, if Francis had stayed and was given permission to box, it would have been far worse than the Jones situation.

Dana didn't really fumble the bag.

Frank was never going to do boxing under the UFC. There wasn't going to be a big enough cut in it for them.

So instead Frank went off, signed on for a set amount with PFL, then proceeded to go and look good against Fury and then get his star power hurt by AJ.

And now PFL are left having paid for someone who is worth less than what they bought him for, and who now might not even come back to MMA for them lol.

Frank would be laughing at all the cash he's made, and the UFC would be laughing at how this turned out for PFL, their only competitor.

I do not think the PFL lost anything, they are not paying him to not fight. It was a stupid ass deal though, no fighter should ever be given those demands and power over another promotion.

All it goes to show is that the UFC did not become a billion dollar promotion by accident. They have guys who 99% of the time make sensible business decisions and if they did to fighters what the PFL gave to Francis, we would not be on this sub right now.

Back