Francis Ngannou on Jon Jones: 'He finds himself a better battle on Twitter than the octagon

It's the truth, Jones is all bark when it comes to heavyweight, especially given that he's been barking for over a decade.

Yes but the weight cut has an effect on you so my point still stands. If you're going to fight someone at a given weight, would you rather fight them the day after a massive weight cut, or not after a weight cut?

It has an effect, but how big is it? Clearly, it hasnt made that much of a difference for DC.

Daniel literally ate a clean overhand from prime Anthony Rumble, recovered and still came back to submit him. You can't tell me that someone who is drained and depleted would be able to do this.

It is worth reminding that DC is an experienced, olympic level wrestler, maximizing his weight cut effectiveness should be second nature to him (towel-gate, anyone?)

I wonder why haters such as @TrueFightFan keep ignoring such blatant facts.

Ngannou said he had moved on already when asked about fighting Jones. Given how many years Jones has talked about moving up to HW and never actually doing it and how long it takes him to fight, I wouldn't be surprised if this fight never panned out.

It has an effect, but how big is it? Clearly, it hasnt made that much of a difference for DC.

Daniel literally ate a clean overhand from prime Anthony Rumble, recovered and still came back to submit him. You can't tell me that someone who is drained and depleted would be able to do this.

It is worth reminding that DC is an experienced, olympic level wrestler, maximizing his weight cut effectiveness should be second nature to him (towel-gate, anyone?)

I wonder why haters such as @TrueFightFan keep ignoring such blatant facts.
jon, you are literally the worst self promoter in UFC history...

Albuquerque?

Does anyone know when Jones first mentioned moving up to HW? Must be nearly a decade ago now.

Does anyone know when Jones first mentioned moving up to HW? Must be nearly a decade ago now.
well he was the youngest UFC champion.

He just recently achieved the most title defenses.

doesn't matter when he thought about it nor mentioned it, moves like this have to be strategic and now is probably the optimum time for him to actually put on the weight and do it.

LHW DC and HW DC are not necessarily the same guy

Jon Jones himself said years ago that he was unwilling to rematch DC at HW because he didn't want to give DC a size advantage

you missed what he actually said

“I think fighting Daniel Cormier at heavyweight would be a bigger challenge. He’s more comfortable there,His body type — that’s the way he wants to be, to be big. I definitely think he will be a tougher fight at heavyweight.

“But I still believe I would win. I believe that I have his number. I know how to beat him.”

Back