Media Franics is handling his loss badly.

TLDR: He is claiming that he got tricked and Joshua's camp used tactics to get him off his game, make him tired etc. Idk why he is handling this one so badly. He lost to Stipe and Lewis before but handled those well but maybe it's the way he was beaten, knocked out cold, that is making him a lot more emotional.
poor guy, not unusual. I thought he was humbler than this though. I feel for him, loss is a bitch, an ugly bitch.

Why is anyone even surprised? Was Ngannou really that good of a striker? Yes he has KO power, but as an actual striker/boxer? Nope.

He had to resort to panic wrestling Gane in fear of getting outstruck.

The fury fight was an outlier because he was being unprofessional as fuck and came in fat, old and out of shape.

Joshua would have cleaned him out in 3 minutes regardless of what time he arrived at the arena.
The heavyweights are just that bad today that someone can come in with the level of a tough man and give a good account of himself. It shouldn't happen but it did. Fury being out of shape is one thing but being out of shape only fucks you up when you're fighting another boxer, or rather that's the way it should be. Not some non-boxer. Why? Well, you still should retain enough of your accumulated knowledge and skill and power to make it easy. At least in my opinion, Fury is just that inept, yes, that's my opinion. I know from my own training that "out of shape" doesn't make you that bad. He's just that bad. I knew he and Wilder weren't very good but I overlooked it because they were entertaining, but the Ngannou fight really put me in a funk because it was an embarrassment for the sport. The sooner Usyk dominates fury and hopefully puts him out of the upper echelon the better.

Francis has never been a good sport when it has come to losing.
i don't know much about him, I guess though, reading from his actions about the ufc, he would have to be a little arrogant or rather, more arrogant than the average ufc champion to talk shit and leave. I give him his props, he didn't just whine and stick around, he just said, "see ya".

He also said he would be an active champion
ok, having a hard time losing though? nothing unusual about that, i've seen it crack up some of my heroes and i've seen good ammies quit after one loss. So, it's tough for many, many guys. The wierd thing is, the clubfighters seeme to be used to it and just take it as it comes.

He is 0-2 in boxing and we're supposed to call him a tremendous striker? <lol>

This is a guy who wasn't willing to stand in front of Cyril Gane or Derrick Lewis.
0-2 against the current lineal champ and the former champ. It’s not like he lost to journeymen.

0-2 against the current lineal champ and the former champ. It’s not like he lost to journeymen.
He's simply not a boxer. It's not a big slight against him, but it's just as foolish as James Toney fighting Randy Couture in MMA, or Ben Askren boxing Jake Paul. The results have spoken for themselves for quite a while that MMA and Boxing are two vastly different sports, and people trying to cross over are absolutely delusional if they think they're gonna hold their own against guys with years and years worth of experience in their respective sports.

You wouldn't have made much money betting on such a predictable outcome.
so it's free money?

floyd finishing conor was practically guaranteed and i made a solid buck on it.

Is he "incredibly durable"? Because it looked like he was AJs easiest opponent to me.

No one would’ve survived that last right hand. His issue is he’s too easy to hit clean. He probably was Joshua’s easiest opponent in hindsight but he definitely held more of a threat than most of Joshua’s early fights. He may not be a better boxer than say Kevin Johnson, but he certainly carries more of a threat of an upset

He's simply not a boxer. It's not a big slight against him, but it's just as foolish as James Toney fighting Randy Couture in MMA, or Ben Askren boxing Jake Paul. The results have spoken for themselves for quite a while that MMA and Boxing are two vastly different sports, and people trying to cross over are absolutely delusional if they think they're gonna hold their own against guys with years and years worth of experience in their respective sports.
No argument here and I always felt that the competitive Fury result provided false hope for Ngannou because Fury clearly took him lightly. I was just pointing out that it's a bit disingenuous to say "0-2" without clarifying that it's probably the only 0-2 in boxing history against that caliber of competition.

Yes, it's totally cherrypicking to point out he's about 30lbs of pure fat heavier against Francis than he is for his very next fight against the #1 HW in the world Usyk.

No one cares, once again.

He had basically the same weight than in his last fight against Wilder.

Usyk is way smaller than Ngannou, so obviously he can come leaner and still do his dirty boxing while being leaner.

No one cares, once again.

He had basically the same weight than in his last fight against Wilder.

Usyk is way smaller than Ngannou, so obviously he can come leaner and still do his dirty boxing while being leaner.
You sure seem to.

It's okay, Francis made you look bad for shilling for the piece of shit for the last year. Let it go.

No one would’ve survived that last right hand. His issue is he’s too easy to hit clean. He probably was Joshua’s easiest opponent in hindsight but he definitely held more of a threat than most of Joshua’s early fights. He may not be a better boxer than say Kevin Johnson, but he certainly carries more of a threat of an upset
Maybe the last one but the punch that put Ngannou down in the first looked like it was just the end of AJs punch that caught him. I feel like a lot of guys have absorbed more punishment from him before going down.

Maybe the last one but the punch that put Ngannou down in the first looked like it was just the end of AJs punch that caught him. I feel like a lot of guys have absorbed more punishment from him before going down.
In fairness, it's hard to judge any punch that you don't personally feel. How many guys in MMA have we seen go down from "glancing blows"? Plenty. The brain is a delicate thing.

To do what? Hope it is not fighting at high level boxing.

He should be fighting the Logan Pauls of the world or something.

That would be wonderful to watch but not because it'd be a good fight.

Back