Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson II in the Works For UFC Fight Night Atlantic City

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Hurry, give Frankie another guy who we already know will be too stupid to use his physical advantages and will get wrestled into submission so we can pretend like he's the uncrowned champ at every weight between 135 and 155, and Conor is still ducking him.

lol Frankie Nation stand up

tumblr_mxg1ycA2Lf1s4wofpo1_400.gif

BNT3.gif

Jersey_Shore_Family_Vacation_fin.jpg

6a00d83451b8c369e20120a7421bc1970b-pi

I don't really get it. Frankie beat the absolute shit out of Cub the first time but he's coming 6 weeks after getting KO'd so maybe Cub has a chance.

Yeah. It's all around really strange.

It makes sense because

the top 5 is looking like this:

1 - Ortega (Fighting Holloway)
2 - Aldo (Fighting Stephens)
3 - Edgar
4 - Swanson
5 - Stephens (Fighting Aldo)

So guess who that leaves out. Both guys coming out of loses and both still looking for a chance at the title. Lets let them bang it out. Cub was outstriking Edgar which some of you seem to not remember. And it will only be 3 rounds this time so Edgar can't tire Cub out as much as he did last time AND he's coming off a KO loss.

NOW, i am a Cub dickrider so take this however the hell you want

But i got Cub

Cub was not outstriking Edgar lol. It was pretty damn even on the feet.

This is nutters. If I recall correctly, the first fight was about to be a 50-39 decision before the late sub. Totally warrants a rematch. Quality matchup indeed, nailed it TS

I think this is a little bit early for Frankie...
He just got KO'd pretty good!

This time Cub got a good chance.

I was sure Cub would end up in Bellator...

What a waste of a fight for Cub. The worst matchup in the division for him. He's the most exciting guy in the division to watch but his weakness is known. Can we get him some fun matchups instead of another loss?

It's even more of a waste for Edgar, and more of a risk too considering he's already beat cub, but now he needs to do it again, while older and coming off a brutal ko loss not long ago.

I'm just glad Cub Swanson is back with UFC and on free TV...?

This fight is dumb.

Like there aren't enough featherweights out there these two haven't matched up with yet. Nah, we need a rematch for the two people in the world who are thinking "Yeah, I'd love to see Frankie son Cub again for 5 more rounds."

Yep. And if they both fought other guys, it would give two other guys a chance to break into the rankings. With cub vs. frankie again, that is just moving sideways.

Wow.. not like the first fight was competitive.

Pulling for Cub tho. Dude has balls.

Frankie should've moved down, i don't think this fight makes much sense.

Yair Rodriguez must have been too busy for a Frankie rematch. Are the matchmakers even trying? Ricardo Lamas hasn't fought Frankie.

Yep. And if they both fought other guys, it would give two other guys a chance to break into the rankings. With cub vs. frankie again, that is just moving sideways.

That is the worst thing about this match-up, honestly.
A lot of UFC divisions are becoming stale (LHW) (HW) yet they insist on booking stuff like this, which makes the division seem really stale and boring if there wasn't Ortega to spice things up right now.
He was given chances and that really made FW exciting again.

Fresh, new match-ups are exciting. New contenders are exciting. Giving a prospect a chance to break into the rankings is exciting.

This fight makes no sense, and literally no one wants to see this.

I hope Frankie is taking time to heal.

I expect him to win anyways but it would be hard to see him get KOed again by a guy I know he's way better than.

Back