Elections French Election: Macron re-elected

Seems like Macron’s polling continues to drop ever so slightly (at 26% in some polls), but not enough to start betting on an upset, imo.

Macron is somewhat popular because of a lack of real competition, but he's also upset a lot of people and the fact he's hiding from any political debates until round 2 some people are starting to dislike that.

He couldn’t connect, though. Some of what he has said would be considered batshit crazy, too.

He's getting more and more support from the Youth in France and he's also tamed his views and how he's expressing them a bit since the beginning of his campaign.

I hope we get him in the 2nd round of elections opposite Macron actually, even though not likely.

What he's saying is not completely bat shit crazy and his economical plan is actually and surprisingly quite solid, they couldn't really dismantle it during the tv debates because he's clearly done a lot of research and surrounded himself with experts regarding the economical topics. He's one of the only candidates to address real issues such as the mass immigration and refugee crisis in France with all the crack heads etc. Other candidates tend to stay clear off such sensitive subjects while he's using that as one of the main drivers for his run for presidency.

Zemmour is the only decent man running

She will follow in her daddy's footsteps and lose three Presidential elections.

That other guy is a can but War Room wishful thinking will pretend he has a shot.

Bump

Goes to show what a right wing bubble the War Room is.

Zammour got crushed.

The only posters I see up around Paris are for Melanchron and most of them have graffiti on them. Not a dickie bird from Macron or Le Penn. Maybe they know they were toying with minnows and saving their funds for the big show.

Melenchon was 21.1%. He did better than what the polling suggested.

Zemmour was 7%. Far-right cannot deny he absolutely crapped the bed, had ahistorical takes that were embarrassing, and didn’t have the chops for real politics outside of ego-rallies. He dislikes Muslims, so he got a platform that was unwarranted.

Melenchon was 21.1%. He did better than what the polling suggested.

Zemmour was 7%. Far-right cannot deny he absolutely crapped the bed, had ahistorical takes that were embarrassing, and didn’t have the chops for real politics outside of ego-rallies. He dislikes Muslims, so he got a platform that was unwarranted.

Also ran on family values but banged his campaign manager and got her pregnant.

The French love their mistresses but they hate hyppocrites.

I guess 5 more years of Macron ahead...
Well, at least it won't be Melenchon, Jadot so I'll take the status quo any day over those leftist retards.

Fuck this country is weird...

I guess 5 more years of Macron ahead...
Well, at least it won't be Melenchon, Jadot so I'll take the status quo any day over those leftist retards.

Fuck this country is weird...

I could never get that about Melanchron. The guy is radical left (sorry War Room tards an actual leftist not some milquetoast Democrat) yet he shills for Putin a guy who build a 19th century style Capitalist oligarghy.

Was he on the payroll?

I could never get that about Melanchron. The guy is radical left (sorry War Room tards an actual leftist not some milquetoast Democrat) yet he shills for Putin a guy who build a 19th century style Capitalist oligarghy.

Was he on the payroll?
Melenchon and nearly all of the LFI are simply very anti-establishment anti-business and very anti-Western, so they'll cheer for anyone who goes against the current Euro leadership.. Doesn't really matter who it happens to be and what they stand for.
Only can a welfare state create such clowns.

Sounds like exiting the EU is a real possibility if Le Pen wins

Sounds like exiting the EU is a real possibility if Le Pen wins

Proposing exiting the EU would be political suicide for Le Penn.

She was all up in that Putin project until everyone saw the damage it did to the British.

I'd imagine her Putin links will be leaned on hard by the pro-Macron forces and this article is the start of that.

She just doesn't have the numbers to win this because she's a toxic right winger and there's a hard limit on the amount of people who like that. She's swimming in a 7% pool from Zammour while Macron gets to fish in the 30% on the Left. Only a super low voter turnout can get her a W.

Was he on the payroll?

Probably.

Same as Corbyn

Proposing exiting the EU would be political suicide for Le Penn.

She was all up in that Putin project until everyone saw the damage it did to the British.

I'd imagine her Putin links will be leaned on hard by the pro-Macron forces and this article is the start of that.

She just doesn't have the numbers to win this because she's a toxic right winger and there's a hard limit on the amount of people who like that. She's swimming in a 7% pool from Zammour while Macron gets to fish in the 30% on the Left. Only a super low voter turnout can get her a W.

Not following the news, but why is Le Pen "all up on Putin's project" and what damage did the Brittish suffer?

Exiting the EU and supporting the pro-Ukraine alliance are 2 separates things. As far as I know the UK left the EU and they're still supporting the pro-Ukraine alliance.
And not only that : France has a long history of driving their own geopolitics, which sometimes has been at crossroads with the US for example. Even during the cold war they were quite neutral towards Russia and the recent efforts of Macron (albeit shining his own image as a negotiator) show that they were looking to keep the relations functional even through tense times.
Le Pen has tried publicly distance herself from Russia ever since a Russian bank granted her party a loan. She has been criticising Putin's actions, unlike her rival Zemmour who supported and 'understood' Putin up until it was too late. He lost any moderate-right support he might have had and the results speak for themselves.

“Marine Le Pen, leader of the National Rally, is closing-in on President Macron and has solidified her polling lead over her far-right rival, Éric Zemmour.

Both Le Pen, 53, and Zemmour, 63, the television pundit vying with her for the far-right vote amid speculation that he is about to run for the Élysée, have picked up support in recent weeks.”

here is a piece on Zemmour for those not familiar:

I haven’t read Le Pen’s latest manifesto, if she has one, but I did read the last one, and it wasn’t all that bad. The EU was the sticking point. Melenchon is dopey. And Zemmour doesn’t have the chops.

—————- update March 27th ————-

So, Macron is polling at 28%, Marine has increased to 20%, and Melenchon is at 14%. Melenchon has jumped in the polls, whereas Zemmour has fallen to 10%. Pecresse has fallen, too, becoming neck and neck with far-right Zemmour (she is polling at 11%). Hidalgo and Jaldot are going nowhere, sitting at 2% and 5%.

————— Update August 4th ————

From the NYT:

“More worrying for Mr. Macron, the poll suggested he would edge Ms. Le Pen by just 53.5 percent to 46.5 percent in the second round. In the last presidential election, in 2017, Mr. Macron trounced Ms. Le Pen by 66.1 percent to 33.9 percent in the runoff.”

So, the latest polling has Macron at 27%, whereas Marine has increased to 21%, gaining some momentum while cost of living concerns increase. The left doesn’t seem to have a horse in this race, because none of their candidates, including Melenchon at 16%, have any shot at an upset win. Pecresse has crashed (mentioned before). And Zemmour has lost most of the ground he once made.

A more detailed account here

———— August 10th ———-

What does far-right in France actually mean? The labels 'left' and 'right' mean rather different things in different countries.

I suspect Le Penn will be Putin's lapdog like Orban is.
This is reality and far right politicians always in all countries cared only about very rich oligarchs.

Okey, exit EU and start to pay for customs, difficult to set businesses in neoghbor countries, everything more expensive....
Is this good future?

With changing benefits rules alone is possible at least prevent legal immigration from EU.
If you should work/ do business for some time, pay tax before are able to get benefits?

Okey, I might agree that free legal EU labor market in France will not exist anymore.
Then France should be ready that their export will be taxed with custom.... in EU.

BTW not likely France is more lucrative country for immigrants (legal) from EU rather than Germany and Sweden for example....
It is not paradise.

From illgegal imnigrants not being in EU will not help in any kind.

Back