• Leslie Nielsen

• Ryan Reynolds

• Dan Aykroyd

• Phil Hartman

• Martin Short

• Rick Moranis

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dave Thomas is underrated.

Yeah there are a lot of people that probably deserve a mention here. Dave Foley, Rick Mercer, Colin Mochrie, Eugene Levy etc. Russell Peters was probably the most successful comedian from Canada at one point.

This here is some of John and Martin’s best work. Has me in stitches more than 30 years after the first time I saw it:

Disagree, fellow canuck. Myers made a bunch of low-brow silly slapstick movies that werent anything particularly special. Jim Carey did that WAY better, plus he had a better standup career and also had serious movie acting depth as well. John Candy did a similar thing, but his movies were funnier, more wholesome, less juvenille and silly.

Myers made quite a few silly pop culture movies, and they were great for what they were, but to me he's not in the same league as the rest.
It's about funniest, not best career. Shrek is special. Although I will have to say Mike Myers latest stuff is kinda missing the mark.
Disagree, fellow canuck. Myers made a bunch of low-brow silly slapstick movies that werent anything particularly special. Jim Carey did that WAY better, plus he had a better standup career and also had serious movie acting depth as well. John Candy did a similar thing, but his movies were funnier, more wholesome, less juvenille and silly.

Myers made quite a few silly pop culture movies, and they were great for what they were, but to me he's not in the same league as the rest.
Seth Rogen should be added to the list for all his amazing stoner comedies and Tom Green gets a nod as well.

Here's an SCTV sketch with some of the names that didn't make the list.

Joe Flaherty as Count Floyd
Andrea Martin and Catherine O'Hara as the sisters
Eugene Levy as the desk clerk

Norm. Leslie Nielsen wasn’t really a comedian. He was actually an actor in soap operas I think. But they talked him for Police Squad, and Naked Gun, because they wanted someone who would play the role straight. It was genius.

Norm. Leslie Nielsen wasn’t really a comedian. He was actually an actor in soap operas I think. But they talked him for Police Squad, and Naked Gun, because they wanted someone who would play the role straight. It was genius.
True, but at a certain point he became a comedy icon.

Naked Gun and Airplane are really elite level comedies and Leslie delivers many of the biggest laughs in those films.

He did it with a deadpan delivery, but hey, it worked.

Comedy is subjective.
No wrong answers imo.

I tend to gravitate towards the stand up comedians because i think that is the purest form of comedy, but clearly lots of folks are picking the actors.

Back