Funny how nobody gives a s*** about Chiesa

MMAMAX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Dude had a flawless performance last night and nobody cares. Manhandled Diego Sanchez. Too much happened last night I guess. What do we think about Chiesa's potential at WW?

I care about his mom...

He ducked Maia for Diego

He bragged about how great his grappling is at WW and then immediately ducked Maia once he was offered for Diego lol

I for one give zero fucks about Michael Chiesa. He's a decent fighter but nothing special..

He got lucky he dodged that underserved fight with Tony because tony would have kicked his ass.

that's why i don't get fighters who are so excited to be on big stacked cards like this,they could easily be forgotten because of many things that happened on the ppv.

I don't understand why he took a fight with Diego's corpse. What does it do for his career?

He ducked Maia for Diego

He bragged about how great his grappling is at WW and then immediately ducked Maia once he was offered for Diego lol

Why not.
Gain some muscle and experience first.
Safe fight and a big name, HOFer.

Dude had a flawless performance last night and nobody cares. Manhandled Diego Sanchez. Too much happened last night I guess. What do we think about Chiesa's potential at WW?
I think he should have got a finish and he can go get scraped by Leon Edwards for all I care after that

It was a bullshit fight. He looked a weight division above his opponent.
Fight someone in their prime and people might care about the result.

A solid performance but overall it was a disappointment. If he wants to be taken seriously as a contender then you have to do better than decisioning a smaller/older/weathered Diego.

Last edited:
I don't really like him and I also think if Diego went through a real camp that it would have been a closer fight so whatever.

okay.... he beat a dinosaur .... we should parade to get him a title shot ?

to be honest with you that fight was annoying to watch. chiesa could have made more of an effort to finish that fight the way he was grappling was like he was just playing around. attacking loosely and not really setting things up. deigo could have been more explosive.

He ducked Maia for Diego

This a 100%. Never seen a more clear ducking tbh. He literally was asked in a interview months ago about Maia calling him out. He said something like "No.. I don't think we are..like at the same paths..or something" Then a couple months later he was talking about how he wanted a top10 guy. LOL! Maia just had fought for the title and fought the no1 contender and you didn't want it

<36>

Because he beat CTE Diego and his hack job, fraud coach.

Meanwhile we got to see Luke brutally put to sleep, Holly get Holm-schooled, and Askren literally knocked into spina bifida. Plus a close and even controversial title fight.

Chiesa working zombie Diego on the ground was the least noteworthy event of the main card any way you slice it.

A solid performance but overall it was a disappointment. If he wants to be taken seriously as a contender then you have to do better than decisioning a smaller/older/weathered Diego.

No one can finish Diego, until you beat his face into pulp to a doctor stoppage.

Grappling from Chiesa was beautiful.

Good win but tbh his striking and gnp are nonexistant. He needs to learn how to inflict lots of damage when on top. He could be a beast if he learns some mean gnp.

I wonder if Diego will ask to be released....That said, no matter where he goes, I hope he gets rid of that Fabia guy.

Last edited:
Back