Movies FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA (Second Official Trailer, post #237)

Don't see pics, seem like new forum random turn them into text links

Still amazed how Fury Road is so loved .

You have Red Letter Media saying Fury Road did everything Road Warrior did but better.....

giphy.gif

holy shit, Hemsworth is barely recognizable.

looks sick tbh, but has George really given us any reason to think otherwise? he has proven time & time again that he knows best

Looking at the trailer...

I have no idea if this is going to be a smash hit or a complete flop.

Fury Road was great on 1st viewing. Still has great visuals the times you watch it after that, but whats more obvious is the movie is 95% visuals & 5% paper-thin plot.

Fury Road was great on 1st viewing. Still has great visuals the times you watch it after that, but whats more obvious is the movie is 95% visuals & 5% paper-thin plot.
GearSolidMetal freezing cold take #4929583

so what about another max film? I remember awhile ago there was a prototype for a future mad max car.

5918809736_2a8f40f6a3_b.jpg

Unpopular opinion I know, but I thought Fury road was boring as fuck. Couldn't get through it.
It has visual breathtaking scenes,but the script never really commits to anything I agree. B movie trash script with AAA financial backing. The original Mad Max movies had a dark apocalyptic expression that sometimes made them uncomfortable ( rape scene) . They had meaning. Fury Road is an empty vessel for star power and cool scenes. That's enough for most braindead movie fans nowadays.

It has visual breathtaking scenes,but the script never really commits to anything I agree. B movie trash script with AAA financial backing. The original Mad Max movies had a dark apocalyptic expression that sometimes made them uncomfortable ( rape scene) . They had meaning. Fury Road is an empty vessel for star power and cool scenes. That's enough for most braindead movie fans nowadays.
no offense, but this opinion of yours is grade A shite

You have Red Letter Media saying Fury Road did everything Road Warrior did but better.....

giphy.gif
As a kid I liked Road Warrior and the first 20 min of Thunderdome. I fell asleep in theater during Fury Road. And I loved the 2 stars . Just from start to finish it was as fun as Thunderdome after the Master blaster scene.

I think Anya Taylor Joy will do a good job in the role but that trailer was poopy doo.

Looks pretty good, but cheaper than Fury Road overall. If the script has a little more depth to it though, it might become the better film.

Looks pretty good, but cheaper than Fury Road overall. If the script has a little more depth to it though, it might become the better film.
I felt a significant part of why Fury Road worked so well though was that it had a lean focused plot to it, so many of the franchises from that era which had that originally have ended up getting ever more cluttered and full of "lore". Fury Road though was more akin to The Road Warrior or Terminator, Predator, etc, just enough plot to hang the characters, set peices and settings on without getting in the way of them.

This does look a bit more standard Hollywood than Fury Road to me in the way its shot, more heavy with the CGI work compared to Fury Roads more gritty practical realism. Not surprised though I spose as it sounds like Fury Road was incredably hard to shoot in that fashion

I felt a significant part of why Fury Road worked so well though was that it had a lean focused plot to it, so many of the franchises from that era which had that originally have ended up getting ever more cluttered and full of "lore". Fury Road though was more akin to The Road Warrior or Terminator, Predator, etc, just enough plot to hang the characters, set peices and settings on without getting in the way of them.

This does look a bit more standard Hollywood than Fury Road to me in the way its shot, more heavy with the CGI work compared to Fury Roads more gritty practical realism. Not surprised though I spose as it sounds like Fury Road was incredably hard to shoot in that fashion
I get where you're coming from, it definitely made the movie more of an experience with how streamlined the plot was. Yet, movies like Terminator and Predator managed to make you more invested in the characters despite being similarly scripted. Fury Road was a fun experience and incredibly shot, but it was too lean, bordering vapid, for me to personally want to revisit it. Also, I felt it dragged a bit, but I can appreciate the craftmanship and it looked incredible.

didn't like the trailer much. also the cgi....what made fury road so amazing was how little they relied on it. this will be an inferior movie.

I get where you're coming from, it definitely made the movie more of an experience with how streamlined the plot was. Yet, movies like Terminator and Predator managed to make you more invested in the characters despite being similarly scripted. Fury Road was a fun experience and incredibly shot, but it was too lean, bordering vapid, for me to personally want to revisit it. Also, I felt it dragged a bit, but I can appreciate the craftmanship and it looked incredible.
you should revisit it. i honestly truly wanted to hate Fury Road when i finally caved from the non-stop hype assault, sat my ass down, & watched it. i liked it for sure. a lot more than i expected/wanted to. but i still wasn’t tripping over myself for it like a lot of people were. then i watched it again. then again. then a couple more times over the years after that. on rewatch it won me over so fucking hard.

GearSolidMetal freezing cold take #4929583
Even if you love the movie, it's not exactly controversial to say that the plot is paper thin, and the movie is far more of a visual spectacle. Shit, it probably worked in it's favor, much like it did for The Road Warrior. You don't need much for a Mad Max movie, other than "Here's Max. He fights post apocalyptic auto mechanics in a wasteland. Enjoy!", and then just nail the action and visuals.

Back