Movies FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA (Second Official Trailer, post #237)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: August 24, 2020

Chris Hemsworth Reportedly Eyed as the Male Lead for MAD MAX: FURIOSA

XVHHcKB.jpg

The Illuminerdi has exclusive casting details on the Mad Max prequel centered around Imperator Furiosa, and it seems Warner Brothers is after Chris Hemsworth!

George Miller’s Mad Max: Furiosa could be heading into production very soon, as Warner Bros. is trying to lock down the male lead, a character known as Dementus:

"[DEMENTUS] Lead Male (30 – 40). He is breathtakingly handsome. An angel’s face, scarred by a
deep forehead wound stitched together with shiny chrome staples."

The site has been told that Warner Bros. is very interested Chris Hemsworth for the role, but it’s not a done deal. Going from Tom Hardy to Chris Hemsworth is not a bad trade-off however. Based on the description, the Dementus character seems tailor made for the Mad Max universe.

Back in March, word first got out that George Miller was pursuing the Furiosa centered Fury Road spin-off as the next project in the Mad Max universe and that Ana-Taylor Joy was being looked at for the leading role. Miller originally wanted to use similar VFX tech utilized in The Irishman to de-age Theron, but later nixed those plans.

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/08/24/chris-hemsworth-mad-max-furiosa/

Why the spin off? Couldn't he just do another Mad Max?

But-Why-GIF-Image-Download-24.gif

Mad Max and the Road Warrior are my favorite movies of all time. If George Miller is directing a movie with car chases in it, I am there. Opening night. With my pants around my ankles.

Rather see Hardy back as Mad Max.
Chris Hemsworth is awesome though I just don't think he's right for this role.
Hemsworth isn't playing Mad Max so how can you say he's not right for a role that you have no idea of what the role is?

After "Bad Times At The El Royale", I look forward to Hemsworth stretching his legs a bit, and shedding the clean cut hero role.

That would probably not be PC enough. In this modern world of female Thor, Wolverines, and Bond
That's all about trying to reach new demos with existing ips. Not really a pc thing.

Unpopular opinion I know, but I thought Fury road was boring as fuck. Couldn't get through it.

If you go back and watch the film with the "Feral Kid" theory in mind - the movie comes to life.

Otherwise - it's an empty vessel of half-hearted emotions - never committing to anything of any importance and the action is comically over the top.

Road Warrior and Beyong Thunderdome flirt with the absurd - whereas Fury Road seemingly swims with it neck deep.

If you go back and watch the film with the "Feral Kid" theory in mind - the movie comes to life.

Otherwise - it's an empty vessel of half-hearted emotions - never committing to anything of any importance and the action is comically over the top.

Road Warrior and Beyong Thunderdome flirt with the absurd - whereas Fury Road seemingly swims with it neck deep.
I guess I need action to be in service of something, or it just turns into noise. I really like the original trilogy, which was more about mystery and world building than just.... stuff randomly exploding.

Honestly it sounds terrible. Fury Road was a 2 hour car chase and bored me to tears and this sounds even worse.

Why the spin off? Couldn't he just do another Mad Max?

But-Why-GIF-Image-Download-24.gif
I’d rather have a Mad Max movie that centres around Mad fucking Max.
Weird to think that people who enjoy Mad Max movies want to see another Mad Max movie starring Mad Max! What a concept, Hollywood. George Miller is 75, we don’t have time for this!

Weird to think that people who enjoy Mad Max movies want to see another Mad Max movie starring Mad Max! What a concept, Hollywood. George Miller is 75, we don’t have time for this!

I like Furiosa and I will take what I can get don't get me wrong, I just don't see the need for a spin off. The last movie only had Max as a supporting role anyway

Hemsworth is garbage in every thing except Thor.

Dude is a fucking simp riding the girl power train with this and ghostbusters.

george miller brings the action so I think it will be a good film either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back