Movies FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA (Second Official Trailer, post #237)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should really do a sequel with Theron and Hardy, why fuck with great casting? I want to see Max play a bigger role though, now that they've built Furiosa into a formidable character.

The movie was kind of retarded in a way, with those dumb bitches wasting water, but it was high octane fun. Doing a prequel wouldn't be wise, unless they made them together, using time jumps

Hemsworth was money in that Extraction, that mercenary movie he just did. That's a potentially big franchise on its own. He'd be a great cast in this!

Not a bad casting choice; let's see if she sticks around.

I could accept the movie not being about Mad Max simply due to the fact that Furiosa is a freaking awesome movie title.
Apart from that, nothing really seems all that great about this movie. The casting sounds like a serious downgrade. Chris Hemsworth is ok, and he's Australian. Don't see him working in a gritty movie universe like Mad Max though. This other chick I've never heard of, but she looks like bleh. Theron seems bonkers, but she does have screen presence.

I could accept the movie not being about Mad Max simply due to the fact that Furiosa is a freaking awesome movie title.
Apart from that, nothing really seems all that great about this movie. The casting sounds like a serious downgrade. Chris Hemsworth is ok, and he's Australian. Don't see him working in a gritty movie universe like Mad Max though. This other chick I've never heard of, but she looks like bleh. Theron seems bonkers, but she does have screen presence.
Technically Mel Gibson was Australian when he was living there at age 11. He even had an Aussie accent for awhile till he moved back in the States in the mid 80s. Besides the original Mad Max films were australian films

Update: October 13, 2020

Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II to Star in Mad Max Spinoff FURIOSA

qZl2aYC.jpg

Warner Bros. and filmmaker George Miller are returning to the world of Mad Max: Fury Road. Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will star in Furiosa, a standalone action-adventure feature that acts as an origin story for the powerful character first embodied by Charlize Theron in Miller’s Oscar-winning 2015 movie, the studio announced Tuesday.

Although the movie is not greenlit, the castings put the project onto the path of getting made after years of anticipation from movie fans and years of teasing by Miller, who had said he wanted to return to the character and that post-apocalyptic world.

Miller will direct, co-write and produce the project, working with longtime producing partner Doug Mitchell and their Australian-based Kennedy Miller Mitchell banner.

The Mad Max movies – initially launched in 1979 with Mel Gibson as the lead, Max Rockatansky – were set in a dystopian society where life is cheap, the vehicles ramshackle, the strong rule the weak, and justice, if it exists, is in your own hands.

After a trio of movies in the 1980s, Miller returned to the world with Fury Road, this time with a young Max played by Tom Hardy and the character of Furiosa, played by Theron. Furiosa proved to be more than Max’s equal and fans have been clamoring for a standalone ever since.

Taylor-Joy will play Furiosa is what is described as her genesis. It is unclear who Hemsworth and Abdul-Mateen II will play.

Also unclear is the timetable for the project, which is described as being in “advance development.” Hemsworth is due to begin shooting Thor: Love and Thunder in January.

Taylor-Joy starred in M. Night Shyamalan’s Split opposite James McAvoy and also appeared in the follow-up, Glass. She recently wrapped shooting Edgar Wright’s Last Night in Soho and is currently shooting Robert Eggers' The Northman. Beginning later this month, she can be seen starring as a chess prodigy in the miniseries The Queen’s Gambit.

Hemsworth this year starred in Extraction, which proved to be one of Netflix’s biggest hits so far, while Abdul-Mateen II is currently filming the fourth installment in The Matrix series for Warners and can be seen as historical figure Bobby Seale in The Trial of the Chicago 7.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ya-abdul-mateen-ii-to-star-in-mad-max-spinoff

Good choice, I'm a fan of Anya Taylor-Joy better choice then CGI de-aged Charlize Theron.

They should really do a sequel with Theron and Hardy, why fuck with great casting? I want to see Max play a bigger role though, now that they've built Furiosa into a formidable character.

They hate eachother and said they would never work together again.

I wouldnt mind seeing younger versions of Immortan Joe and his "brothers", there is potential there to flesh out the setting rather more as Fury Road was 90% on the road.

No. No. No.

I want Mel Gibson going Mad Max in a post Apocalyptic Australia.

That is Mad Max.

Mad Max is essentially a Western set in the future.

The first one he is the lawman who takes vengeance. The second is really Kurosawas seven Samurai or the Magnificent Seven but in Oz in the future.

The third is utter trash.

I want a post apocalyptic western. Mel Gibson rides into town as Mad Max and does his thing.

WE DONT NEED ANOTHER HERO.

They hate eachother and said they would never work together again.

I would like to know what caused them to start hating each other?

I want Mel Gibson going Mad Max in a post Apocalyptic Australia.

Yeah, I'd love an Old Man Mad Max movie with Mel Gibson. It'd be nice to see what Max has been up to these last 30 years, where he's going, and what's happened to the world around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back