Fury vs Wilder III in Relation to the UFC/MMA Discussion Mega Thread

Sherodggers has some of the dumbest people around. Anyone who think fury can beat ngannou in mma is delusional and ignorant. One leg kicks from big frank would decapitated Tyson.

I also know full of shit when i see one. You're head is full of shit, noob.

giphy.webp

No one as good as that fight. Not a single MMA fight. Entertainment can be subjective thing, but everything combined, quality, skills, hype, finish, excitement, nothing comes close.

Quality/Skills? When I think of Deontay Wilder I don't think of that.

This is all subjective on your part as well. For you to say "nothing come close" is really being delusional also.

And Fury/Wilder fight was not even close to the best boxing fight ever. For heavyweights go watch Bowe/Holyfield 1 or 2.

Or go watch Gatti/Ward any of them.

Tyson Fury couldn't win a street-fight against Gane or Ngannou let alone an MMA fight.

Gane knocks Fury unconscious via a head kick within 30 seconds of an MMA fight. It takes a long time to learn how to block kicks, you don't just walk into an octagon and naturally get your guard up. UFC fans don't appreciate how dangerous a man with Ganes skills are to the untrained.

Frank Ngannou Kimuras Fury permanently ending his career. Tyson would have five inches on Frank but both walk around at the same weight and Ngannou is vastly stronger. This would be a straight up mauling.

Deontay Wilder on the other hand, he would make a good MMA fighter but definitely not Tyson Fury.

Fury should stick to the crooked sport that is boxing that is where he belongs.
Boxers and mma fighters are pretty evenly matched in the streets. Its almost always hands I see flying in the clubs, downtown etc. Moral of the story is don't fuck with people that do full contact fight sports for fun/living

Quality/Skills? When I think of Deontay Wilder I don't think of that.

This is all subjective on your part as well. For you to say "nothing come close" is really being delusional also.

And Fury/Wilder fight was not even close to the best boxing fight ever. For heavyweights go watch Bowe/Holyfield 1 or 2.

Or go watch Gatti/Ward any of them.

I never said that was the best boxing fight ever did I?

So, I'm going to be honest and admit that I'm a casual boxing fan. I only am attracted towards big name fights and in no way shape or form a boxing expert. I mean, I was watching a playoff baseball game at the same time, so I actually missed a fair bit of that fight, a couple knockdowns I missed, so it's not like I have any intention or desire to talk up this fight or boxing in general.

Yet, I know full of shit when I see one. I am seeing lots of people on this forum talking as if there was ever a MMA fight that was as good as that one, if not better. That is number 1 bullshit. There has no fight in MMA that was as great as that trilogy fight from last night.

When I evaluate how great fight was, I tend to look at two main things: Quality of the fighters involved and the quality of the fight itself. Now the quality of the fighters are easy to say, you just look at their body of work and abilities, but the definition of quality of the fight itself may vary depending on who you ask, but I look at the quality of the fight itself as the excitement of the fight itself, competitiveness of it, and perhaps the ending of it as well. Also, the hype of the fight itself, and whether it lived upto it perhaps can be taken into account in saying how great the fight was, and boy did it live up to the hype and some.

Fury-Wilder Trilogy had it all. It had likely the two best fighters of their generation, not just now and here, but the generation, at the peak of their powers, perhaps not as competitive as it could been, but with two knockdowns, Wilder made it as close and dramatic as he could and went out swinging, and it had great ending.

There has never been a fight in MMA that comes even close to this fight, and to say otherwise is a classic case of nuthugging at its finest. At heavyweight, you might say Crocop-Fedor. I consider Fedor the GOAT p4p, and Crocop the best striker ever, but I don't think two COMBINED were as good as fury and wilder, nor that fight was as good as this one. I mean, there might be a good competitive HW fight like Hunto-Bigfoot, but obviously they are not at the same level in terms of their talents.

I think that applies to other weight classes. To be at the same level as those two, it's tough to find to begin with. Perhaps at LHW, Jones-Cormier. But the fight itself wasn't half as good. Hendo-Shogun 1 was dynamic, but even though I believe healthy Shogun was as good as they came at LHW(PRIDE FOREVER IDGAF), they aren't at the level of these two fighters, and the fight itself also wasn't as good as the last night's fight.

At middleweight, I don't think there was a fight between the two who were even close being as good as these two. And I think the same thing can be said for other weight classes. GSP-Hendricks from WW, Edgar-Maynard 2 from LW, Aldo-Mendes 2 at FW, MM-Cejudo 2 from FLW perhaps hold talents that were comparable, but I don't think the combined talents were as good, nor the fight itself.

Truthfully, there hasn't been a single MMA fight that was half as good as Fury-Wilder 3. It's pretty delusional to suggest otherwise.
I have to agree with you. MMA is still a younger sport, so we have plenty of time to have such a classic

a4c3ff8cdf6e51b61d50948bec510a59.gif

Fucking Newb
lol you wanna use this as an example? This is garbage, zero technique, zero skills, all punches were arm punches (hence why no one got KO'ed or rocked). If anything, this shows how low the skill levels of MMA striking is.

These guys would get wrecked by the bottom 10 of the UFC

I never said that was the best boxing fight ever did I?

Fair enough.

But to even say Fury vs. Wilder 3 is better than any MMA fight is delusional. There so many great MMA fights.

Go watch any of these:

Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald II
Mauricio Rua vs Dan Henderson
Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson I
Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi
Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

So, I'm going to be honest and admit that I'm a casual boxing fan. I only am attracted towards big name fights and in no way shape or form a boxing expert. I mean, I was watching a playoff baseball game at the same time, so I actually missed a fair bit of that fight, a couple knockdowns I missed, so it's not like I have any intention or desire to talk up this fight or boxing in general.

Yet, I know full of shit when I see one. I am seeing lots of people on this forum talking as if there was ever a MMA fight that was as good as that one, if not better. That is number 1 bullshit. There has no fight in MMA that was as great as that trilogy fight from last night.

When I evaluate how great fight was, I tend to look at two main things: Quality of the fighters involved and the quality of the fight itself. Now the quality of the fighters are easy to say, you just look at their body of work and abilities, but the definition of quality of the fight itself may vary depending on who you ask, but I look at the quality of the fight itself as the excitement of the fight itself, competitiveness of it, and perhaps the ending of it as well. Also, the hype of the fight itself, and whether it lived upto it perhaps can be taken into account in saying how great the fight was, and boy did it live up to the hype and some.

Fury-Wilder Trilogy had it all. It had likely the two best fighters of their generation, not just now and here, but the generation, at the peak of their powers, perhaps not as competitive as it could been, but with two knockdowns, Wilder made it as close and dramatic as he could and went out swinging, and it had great ending.

There has never been a fight in MMA that comes even close to this fight, and to say otherwise is a classic case of nuthugging at its finest. At heavyweight, you might say Crocop-Fedor. I consider Fedor the GOAT p4p, and Crocop the best striker ever, but I don't think two COMBINED were as good as fury and wilder, nor that fight was as good as this one. I mean, there might be a good competitive HW fight like Hunto-Bigfoot, but obviously they are not at the same level in terms of their talents.

I think that applies to other weight classes. To be at the same level as those two, it's tough to find to begin with. Perhaps at LHW, Jones-Cormier. But the fight itself wasn't half as good. Hendo-Shogun 1 was dynamic, but even though I believe healthy Shogun was as good as they came at LHW(PRIDE FOREVER IDGAF), they aren't at the level of these two fighters, and the fight itself also wasn't as good as the last night's fight.

At middleweight, I don't think there was a fight between the two who were even close being as good as these two. And I think the same thing can be said for other weight classes. GSP-Hendricks from WW, Edgar-Maynard 2 from LW, Aldo-Mendes 2 at FW, MM-Cejudo 2 from FLW perhaps hold talents that were comparable, but I don't think the combined talents were as good, nor the fight itself.

Truthfully, there hasn't been a single MMA fight that was half as good as Fury-Wilder 3. It's pretty delusional to suggest otherwise.
Bro lay off the adderall, no one wants to read a wall of text!

Fair enough.

But to even say Fury vs. Wilder 3 is better than any MMA fight is delusional. There so many great MMA fights.

Go watch any of these:

Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald II
Mauricio Rua vs Dan Henderson
Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson I
Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi
Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

LMFAO imagine

Back