FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

Looks interesting and dark. I hope they keep it fresh. I don't really enjoy the superhero tv shows we currently have. They are too ham and formulaic for me.

Sad that the only one I watch might not even make it as a b-grade show - Powers. There's just something original about what they do that I like, even when it's ham it seems more believable. I like shows that take risks.

I was thinking of getting into this one but found out they canceled it so not going to bother.

Update: August 25, 2016

FX's LEGION Confirmed to Be Part of the X-MEN Cinematic Universe

X-Men-The-Last-Stand-051314-Dragonlord.jpg

The X-Men cinematic universe grows by one when FX's Legion launches early next year, producer Bryan Singer finally confirmed. While earlier talk has been muddled, with Legion being called stand-alone, implied to be in-universe with the films, and even mentioned in a Marvel.com roundup of new MCU characters (relating it to Marvel Studios' output of films and TV series), Singer made it much more clear at the Edinburgh Television Festival.

"[Legion is] part of the X-Men universe, but when you watch it, you wouldn't have to label it, it could exist entirely on its own," Singer said of the show. That seems to jive with at least two of the three things mentioned above - it can stand-alone, but it does technically live in the same timeline as the films.

Of course, that opens up other questions, as the films don't seem to have their own major timeline issues; thanks to the soft reboot of X-Men: Days of Future Past, the timeline of the future was drastically changed, bringing characters back to life, and seemingly erasing the events of the critically and fan-reviled films X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Origins - Wolverine (giving us that second chance at Deadpool we were all hoping for).

Singer also said there is still a second X-Men TV series in the works, though their first effort, Hellfire, died on the vine. The second series "will relate to future X-Men movies and has a really ambitious and fun and very unique storyline," he teased. He didn't reveal anything else about where in the timeline that particular series will fit, however.

Bryan Singer Confirms FX's 'Legion' is Part of X-Men Cinematic Universe

Update: September 10, 2016

Two New Promos for X-Men Spinoff Series LEGION

I can't remember.... does FX cancel shows as much as FOX does? It's owned by the same people.

I'm afraid to get too invested in this very very interesting looking show. I've been burned by the people at FOX before.

Update: October 9, 2016

Flight of the Conchords' Jemaine Clement Joins LEGION

Jemaine-Clement-Legion-FX-Dragonlord.jpg

The first half of the X-Men spinoff series Legion pilot episode was shown today at New York Comic Con 2016 paired with an introduction to the cast and showrunners. Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb praised the cast and crew when he said,“It will make you laugh and make you cry.”

The biggest news concerning the new FX series came when Noah Hawley, executive producer, tweeted from the stage to announce that actor Jemaine Clement will be joining the first season of the show.

According to Deadline, no other details were given, but his character will have a multiple episode arc.

Clement is best known for being one half of the musical duo Flight of the Concords and co-writer/directer of What We Do In The Shadows alongside of Taika Waititi (who is currently directing Thor: Ragnarok).

Executive Producer Noah Hawley Announces Jemaine Clement Joins Cast Of X-Men Series Legion

I can't remember.... does FX cancel shows as much as FOX does? It's owned by the same people.

I'm afraid to get too invested in this very very interesting looking show. I've been burned by the people at FOX before.

In my own (not nearly as TV invested) opinion, not nearly as much as fox.

@Dragonlordxxxxx might be able to answer that better.

Update: October 18, 2016

New Promo for FX's LEGION; February 2017 Premiere Date Announced

For those living outside the U.S., here's the same promo:

Trailer looks hammy but it's helmed by Fargo's Noah Hawley so I will be checking it out.

Trailer is trippy. Not sure how I feel about it.

Trailer is trippy. Not sure how I feel about it.
It should be trippy. How better to portray an immensely powerful character with a fractured personality and tenuous grip on reality.

It should be trippy. How better to portray an immensely powerful character with a fractured personality and tenuous grip on reality.

I kinda want to keep the Inception concept to a minimum. Also, my cameo expectations might be too high.

Promo looks like the concept would be more suited for a standalone movie. We'll see how this goes.

Back