FYI The guy making more than the entire main card combined is on the prelims tonight (Fighter Pay)

Well, I think TS point is to balance it somehow. It would be nice if new exciting fighters weren't stuck at 20-50 contracts for several years. TS doesn't seem any logic in paying AA on prelims 300 k show money.
Why you get emotional and resort to use non imaginative attack?
What are you talking about? Who cares where he is on the card as long as he is well compensated

Sherdog: UFC needs to pay more.
Also Sherdog: UFC is paying too much to Arlovski.

:rolleyes:

Read the post since you obviously just read the title. I clearly say I’m happy for him to be making that much.

Andre has a valuable position.

A guy who will not only gauge the new guys coming,hes willing to help pad the undercard with his name.

They really arent. His pay just didnt get lowered from when he was in his prime.

If current day Arlovski is worth paying why aren't JDS or Overeem?
JDS and Overeem didnt want to fight on the undercard against Joe Blow,they still had title aspirations. Arlovski fulfills a role they need. Those other guys dont. Arlovski basically gave up his title aspirations but keeps his position.

JDS and Overeem didnt want to fight on the undercard against Joe Blow,they still had title aspirations. Arlovski fulfills a role they need. Those other guys dont. Arlovski basically gave up his title aspirations but keeps his position.

So pay him 300k to fight on the undercard? Doesn't make sense.

So pay him 300k to fight on the undercard? Doesn't make sense.
He makes the undercard look more attractive,and again,if the guys they put him against cant beat him,they know that their ceiling is low. That's valuable. No other HWs with his name value are willing to break in the new guys,and dont care about getting the title anymore.

He actually took a paycut to be in the UFC. He is also really friendly with Dana. He sent him some customized guns.
Took a pay cut? You mean someone was going to pay him more? WTF

Took a pay cut? You mean someone was going to pay him more? WTF
He has been there for a long time and he was a former champion. UFC actually pays well if you have many fights with them. It is somewhat unfair to new contenders but non contender vets like Jim Miller and AA make way more than them. They downgraded AA a few years ago. They just give him a flat rate and his pay doesn't go up anymore. He fights around 3 times a year. I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the list for top 10 highest paid UFC fighters in terms of total earnings though. Also generally speaking, HWs on average get paid more than other weight categories.

He has been there for a long time and he was a former champion. UFC actually pays well if you have many fights with them. It is somewhat unfair to new contenders but non contender vets like Jim Miller and AA make way more than them. They downgraded AA a few years ago. They just give him a flat rate and his pay doesn't go up anymore. He fights around 3 times a year. I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the list for top 10 highest paid UFC fighters in terms of total earnings though. Also generally speaking, HWs on average get paid more than other weight categories.

Pretty much this.. also a lot of veterans and female fighters make a lot more than what they bring to the table and a LOT more than they would based on their athletic talents should they opt for another sport..

I don't understand the UFC, Arlosvki doesn’t bring absolutely nothing at this point to justify that pay, honestly they should have let him go years ago.

I'm not sure if he have some dirty on Dana like Jessica Eye or what
You might not know this, but he used to be the ufc hw champion.

Wow is that Arlovski? That's a legitimately very good fight scene. Bravo

Sheppard-Impressed-Gif.gif

Those movies are beyond B trash. Some of them become so nonsensical, I'd watch them through and wasn't even entirely sure what the story was supposed to be. Van Damme becomes a villain, I guess? The face paint scene was cool - that's all I can grant it.

That guy is Andre Arlovski. The dude makes more than $300k every time he fights, and good for him for knowing his worth.

The guy is 45 years old, doesn’t talk trash, and probably doesn’t bring any extra viewers than if he wasn’t on the card. They have placed him on the prelims, so it’s not like they’re paying him a ton because he’s a “star attraction”.

The point I’m trying to make is that it’s just sad that UFC has now shrunk the fighter pay to 13% of their yearly earnings, when clearly they’re willing to pay. They’ve filled the roster with DWCS and TUF fighters making 10-15k per fight.

Good for Andre to get his bag, UFC is just being blatantly obvious that they can pay by putting this guy on the prelims while still paying him more than all the main card fighters combined.
Dana White is probably keeping him simply from signing elsewhere. Lol. MMA is in dire need of HW’s! Arlovski would be a title contender in other leagues lol

You might not know this, but he used to be the ufc hw champion.
That man is no longer recognizable. Probably the most drastic difference from any prime fighter, prime AA was half tiger.

I don't understand the UFC, Arlosvki doesn’t bring absolutely nothing at this point to justify that pay, honestly they should have let him go years ago.

I'm not sure if he have some dirty on Dana like Jessica Eye or what
I can't blame him though.
THAT kind of money in his new play it safe style. A middling fighter with no resemblance to his former self.
Fighting outside the top ten with ZERO chance of breaking into contention. Fighting 2X a year at 300,000 a pop? He should go go until they cut him. Wracking up that money.

Bruce Buffer gets paid even more and he doesn’t even fight.

Back