Media Gaethje agrees with my take, believes Oliviera still has quit in him

Justin the guy famous for being khabibs lady victim

How does punching somebody's face ruin their grappling skills? Zero evidence Tony was any worse going into the Oliveira fight than he was against Gaethje and he got fully domonated by Oliveira. Tony vs Gaethje was way more competitive. That "bellator midget" beat Alvarez who not only won the belt but ktfo Gaethje.

How does repeatedly concussing someone make them worse at life?

Honestly who gives a shit though?

Gaethje beat Tony at his own game — a prolonged stand up war of attrition in which JG beat the shit out of him for almost 25 minutes straight before finally short circuiting his brain.

Charles followed the Kevin Lee blueprint of taking Tony down and not letting him up for 15 minutes, dominant performance and probably should’ve ended earlier with the armbar.

Both great wins but very different. Breaking up the winning streak is obviously more impressive but it doesn’t take anything away from Chuck’s win.

How does punching somebody's face ruin their grappling skills? Zero evidence Tony was any worse going into the Oliveira fight than he was against Gaethje and he got fully domonated by Oliveira. Tony vs Gaethje was way more competitive. That "bellator midget" beat Alvarez who not only won the belt but ktfo Gaethje.

Chandler won against Alvarez in 2013, we are in 2021... He's 35 years old now.

Justin took Tony's soul, he looks scared since that beating. You were impressed by Dariush against Tony, who tried nothing ?

In what world Justin vs Tony was more competitive ? It was a one-sided beating...

Gaethje quit against both Poirier and Alvarez. Dude needs to STFU.

ColorlessForthrightKagu-max-1mb.gif

images

o6qdz4pl7li21.gif

Dwarf Bellator>>>Eddie Alvarez>>>Justin

Justin will kick his ass.

I've always been of the belief that it was more a case of Chandler having terrible fight IQ rather than Oliveira suddenly showing fortitude. By jumping into top position, Chandler completely let Oliveira off the hook and gave him time to recover. I suspect that Chandler would have finished the fight in short order if he made Oliveira stand up. Instead, he put Oliveira in the position he was most likely to survive in, and he went on to get finished because he's the ultimate glass canon.

I think you’re right about Chandler’s part in the ordeal. If he makes him stand up I think the fights over within 10-20 seconds.

I don’t think it takes away from Olives though, who would not have come out with the same belief in the second round a few years ago.

Gaethje quit against both Poirier and Alvarez. Dude needs to STFU.

Getting stopped is something that happens to almost everyone at some point.

I think you guys know that isn’t what people mean when they refer to Olives quitting…..

(Swanson, Felder, etc.)

Getting stopped is something that happens to almost everyone at some point.

I think you guys know that isn’t what people mean when they refer to Olives quitting…..

(Swanson, Felder, etc.)

Swanson shut Oliveira's body off. That wasn't oliveira quiting, unless you also think Burgos quit against barboza.

Even if we eliminate said excuses. Is Barboza who got dominated by Lee a better win than Kevin Lee? Is MJ who has a record of 19-17 and was 1-3 in his last 4 an amazing win? Is old Cerrone and MJ better wins than Chandler?

Styles make fights. Personally I think it’s close.

Comparing resumes overall Justin’s is better because it isn’t littered with losses, but if e are talking about their best wins on the way to belt I think it’s close.

Lee and Barboza to me are similar. Barboza is an excellent but flawed standup fighter and Lee is an excellent but flawed wrestler. Lee beat Barboza head to head because Edson has a weakness for what Lee is great at, but that weakness was irrelevant to Olives v Lee and JG v Edson. Both were big wins when they got them.

Tony was a big win for both. JG’s is slightly more impressive IMO because he broke the streak (and the man) but clearly these are roughly equivalent wins.

Cerrone/Vick/Johnson probably slightly better than Miller/Lentz/Gordon, but at the end of the day they both turned a corner and started smashing through the solid opposition placed in front of them.

It’s an interesting question. Agree Brock’s is probably best.

Edgar’s against Maynard rivals it though and is significantly better than Oliveira’s. I loved Oliveira’s comeback but it was his history that made it most impressive IMO. He took one pretty big shot standing and then avoided what could’ve been some big shots on the ground.

Silva vs Sonnen is probably the most dramatic, but Silva wasn’t really hurt or anything.

Hughes-Penn II was good, though he mostly just survived a dangerous position on the ground at the end of round two.

Jones escaped an incredibly tight armbar but not really a comeback in a traditional sense.

Dillashaw nice bounce back from getting dropped hard by Cody.

In interim fights Tony had a nice comeback from a full mount mauling against Lee (though we learned later that all you need to do against KL is wait him out). Big Nog wasn’t in trouble but turned the tables beautifully.
Forgot about Edgar.

I was 100% sure Oliveira was done though. Im pretty sure anyone watching that fight remembered all the times he wilted and thought Chandler was going to put him away early in the 2nd.

Lol - who the F is justin gaejthe all of a sudden . Lol, camp finally works on his cardio, beats Ferguson and now this guys is talking liking hes some career elite.
2021 do bronx makes easy work of gaejthe and I know who the guy who will end up quitting.
Justin : take a fight ( dont know if this Chandler fight is a go )

He was choke out unconscious. How is that quiting?
He talked before he went out cold. Something both of them didn't imagine.

No shame in tapping. But I think Oliveira showed he handled adversity

Yep. I’d say he pretty much quit before he got in the cage. That was a weird one for sure. That said, Khabib would likely have won regardless but damn, Justin, you’re better than what you showed
I disagree here. He's exactly what he showed against khabib. Khabib just different level. Who walks through Gaethje's shots like and keep coming forward? No one besides khabib dude. Even Dustin fought on the backfoot but won against gaethje.

Justin didn't do bad. People need to stop trying to downplay what he did and make it seem like he didn't fight his fight on his own accord. He lost the guy because a dagestani dude with a block of a head just ate his shit and ate his leg kicks and kept coming forward.

If Chandler gets leg chopped he's not going to do what khabib did. He's going to back up.

Last edited:

I should clarify, I'm not sure if Oliviera still has quit in him, but I don't believe the Chandler fight proved otherwise.

Imo Chandler had in lapse in judgment going for the gnp when he could've stood Oliviera up while he was hurt. He wasn't able to land anything effective on the ground and allowed Oliviera to recover. After Chandler burned himself out, Charles came back in the second and landed that beautiful left hook.

Charles deserves all the love he gets for being a finisher and always being in exciting fights, this is just something that been bugging me since May, and a pro-fighter (top 3 at that) is an excellent co-signer to have.

he's not wrong, but woodley had spent some time at the top with quit in him. never forget outstruck by jake shields.

I disagree here. He's exactly what he showed against khabib. Khabib just different level. Who walls through Gaethje's shots like and keep coming forward? No one besides khabib dude. Even Dustin fought on the backdoor but won against gaethje.

Justin didn't do bad. People need to stop trying to downplay what he did and make it seem like he didn't fight his fight on his own accord. He lost the guy because a dagestani dude with a block of a head just ate his shit and ate his leg kicks and kept coming forward.

If Chandler gets leg chopped he's not going to do what khabib did. He's going to back up.
You’re a completely biased Khabib fan. I don’t think you can have this discussion objectively.

he's not wrong, but woodley had spent some time at the top with quit in him. never forget outstruck by jake shields.
Word bro, sometimes talent is enough and Oliviera is definitely talented.

T-Woods a great parallel. Many call him the third greatest WW ever and he was notorious for his gun shy performances, even before his downskid.
Justin tapped right before Khabib put him to sleep, so he has something in common with Charles. I'm glad you and Justin agree on one thing. That's really cool, bro.
I think so too man

Back