Gaethje got sparked by a Featherweight

The first fight wasnt controversial or hard to score even. Volk just had Max's number, and max admitted that volk just had better gameplans in each of the fights. What really happened was that people assumed max lost a step because volk beat him, when really they should have just been praising volk.

You and i don't score impact the same way. We know this since the Aljo/Yan rematch. According to the fight stats, Volk landed 75 low kicks in the first fight with Max and 67 in the second. How you judged some of these matters a lot in your perception of how close the rivalry has been.

But regardless, my main point is that the third fight was lopsided because Volk damaged Max early (not luck, no excuses, all credit to Volk), which made him easy work in the subsequent rounds and gave everyone the impression that skill-wise, Volk had reached 'another level'. I guess you disagree and think that cut or no cut, Volk would have run away in the scoring regardless?

Maybe Max is just getting better? He's only 32.

Max is getting better. We have been seeing much more mature performances from him for a while now. He showed adaptability and discipline against Yair, for example. When he fought Poirier, he legitimately believed in the 'weight classes don't matter' nonsense and fought Dustin like he was just another FW. It was the folly of youth. This time around, he showed respect for Justin's power from the opening bell and fought accordingly. It was still a nail-biter because of Justin's low kicks and finishing power, but a far cry from when he tried to brawl with Poirier.

You're the worst kind of person

Dude you like fraudulent fighters that's not on me. It's not my fault you let sherdog, and other internet losers tell you how to feel about fighters. It's also not my fault that you have no critical thinking skills or a brain of your own to generate your own opinions.

So, look, little boy take the L and go away.

His mouth was wide open due to his nose being fucked up, open mouth will get you knocked out easy. He was gassed too and got careless

BMF ? Lol
You're a cunt - GIFs - Imgur

Dude you like fraudulent fighters that's not on me. It's not my fault you let sherdog, and other internet losers tell you how to feel about fighters. It's also not my fault that you have no critical thinking skills or a brain of your own to generate your own opinions.

So, look, little boy take the L and go away.
Smart guy. Got a smart, rational guy right here.

I know that this is not going to be a popular take but I feel that, solely because of how easily Volk won their last fight, Volk's value has been exaggerated and Max's value has consequently been depressed.

Yes, everyone accepted Max as the clear number two, but he is more than that imo. He is just a good, or maybe even better than Volk. Their third fight was lopsided because Max got cut early and it really affected him. Barring something like that, any fight between those two is going to be razor close. I am not saying this because Volk just lost two in a row and appears to be declining. It's just that Max keeps on proving that he is a lot better that what he showed in their third fight and I think that this is being overlooked.
Styles make fights, everyone knows this. I thought Max won the first fight against Volk. I don't know wtf happen to Max after that though. Max could probably give Volk hell again, who knows.

Gaethje was weak and dumb for allowing Max to bait him into that exchange knowing how badly compromised he was.

Gathje doesn't grapple and if anything Max had a reach advantage. So it makes no difference.

No other LW is agreeing to fight Max due to dough heads like you, which is why praised Gathje at the start of his interview with Rogan.

Gathje is tough as nails and has balls of steel.

Gaethje was weak and dumb for allowing Max to bait him into that exchange knowing how badly compromised he was.

He was going for broke there. He threw a jumping head kick as a last ditch effort to hurt Max right before the finger point. He took a risk and went out on his shield like a warrior does. He's the same guy to complain to the ref when they stopped his first fight with Poirier. That's who he is.

Gathje doesn't grapple and if anything Max had a reach advantage. So it makes no difference.

No other LW is agreeing to fight Max due to dough heads like you, which is why praised Gathje at the start of his interview with Rogan.

Gathje is tough as nails and has balls of steel.

Gaethje has a one inch reach advantage. Volk has a 2.5" reach advantage on Max. His arms aren't long.

Crazy thing is if you watch that sequence he came real close to landing a big one. But max landed a sneaky check counter hook before the body work and that was it.

This was an emotional thread I love both fighters

Back