Game of Thrones discussion v25 Team White Walkers edition (NO BOOK TALK. No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mace is definitely a boss. He's still a Mamas boy but is now the richest man in Westeros.

Definitely impressed with him on last episode lol. I thought he was just a comedic dumbass, but last episode he actually seemed to be employing a pretty good strategy to throw that Iron Bank dude off his game...talking to him on such friendly terms, schooling him on the history of usury, being serious one moment and then belting out in song and grabbing the dude around the shoulder the next.

Remember that Iron Bank guy was all business to the extent that he even had Stannis on the verge of just giving up on asking for a loan (before Davos stepped up). Mace seemed to completely befuddle him.

Maybe they kill the king of Doran? That lady did not seem like she wanted to let the issue go.

It'd be pretty crazy if Ellaria/Sandy Vaginas took out Explosive Axe and Doran and then made it a frame up job to look like Jaime and Bronn did it so they can get the war they want.

If might makes right then the Lannisters should have never tried to be usurped they had the power

No, they dont.

They were roflstomped by Robb on their own turf, and that was just the north. The Lannisters only power came through Tywin making pretty good alliances with everyone, and thats gone, Tommen rules under a Baratheon name.

If claims were all that mattered it still wouldn't be Daenerys using your logic. Her ancestors stole the crowns of other kings.

No, they didnt.

There was no united westeros until the Targaryens.

Westeros was divided into many separate kingdoms each ruled by a local king. That is where they get the term "7 Kingdoms." Here's the list and a map:
Kingdom of the North, ruled by House Stark of Winterfell
Kingdom of the Mountain and the Vale, ruled by House Arryn of the Eyrie
Kingdom of the Isles and Rivers, ruled by House Hoare of castle Harrenhal. (Formed when the Iron Islands conquered the Riverlands.)
Kingdom of the Rock, ruled by House Lannister of Casterly Rock
Kingdom of the Stormlands, ruled by the House Durrendon of Storm's End
Kingdom of the Reach, ruled by House Gardener of Highgarden
Dorne, ruled by House Martell of Sunspear.

Yes, and those kingdoms (with the exception of Dorne) are long gone. The claim to the iron throne through bloodlines resides in Daenerys.

Stannis is like the rorschah of GoT, liked by a lot of people despite being fucking nuts.

Last edited:
Renly would have been an excellent king. Dude was personable, endearing, great leadership abilities, knew how to play the game, and was actually kind. He didn't even care that Robb proclaimed the North his new kingdom and simply asked that the Baratheon/Stark relationship stay in tact.

Renly and Robb together would have made short work of the Lannisters. It actually really sucks that Stannis used the queef beast to kill him.

Renly would have been an excellent king. Dude was personable, endearing, great leadership abilities, knew how to play the game, and was actually kind. He didn't even care that Robb proclaimed the North his new kingdom and simply asked that the Baratheon/Stark relationship stay in tact.

Renly and Robb together would have made short work of the Lannisters. It actually really sucks that Stannis used the queef beast to kill him.

The good die young. Especially in Westeros.

Stannis is cold, ruthless and should rot in hell. I hope he suffers the most brutal death in GOT history.

Imo Mace is still a clown. It is no coincidence that he has the #1 Dbag in the realm accompanying him in MFT.

I cannot keep up with this thread and I'm on here quite a bit. Damn.

i hear a lot of book readers are butt hurt that D&D said Martin outline Shireen's death and therefore spoiled part of the new book?

Thats lulzy. Considering all the shit show watchers have had spoiled for them.

i hear a lot of book readers are butt hurt that D&D said Martin outline Shireen's death and therefore spoiled part of the new book?

Easy on the "B" word brah. lulz

The good die young. Especially in Westeros.

To Rob Stark

red-wedding00013.png

tumblr_mo61ocMlhi1qiaxzfo5_250.gif

*Raises pitch fork and torch*

Get him! He said book!! BOOK TALK!!!!! EVERYONE GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy on the "B" word brah. lulz

Off topic, but is that Tuco Salamanca in your av? Or is it that I'm just being racist and he's some random Hispanic-looking dude? Probably the latter, but I felt the need to ask.

Also, still off topic, but nice sig.

Back on topic; I find it funny how some people get so vehement about book talk when:

A) GoT is basically caught up with the books in most story lines; there are few spoilers to be shared anymore.

B) GoT is (supposed to be) the television adaptation of the book series, so naturally parallels and comparisons will be made between the two.

C) The show has diverged wildly from the books, so even some book spoilers are rendered non-canon in the show's universe.

D) Often times when I see book talk, it's more so sharing peripheral knowledge about the GoT/ASOIAF universe that the show didn't have time to include, rather than series-shattering spoilers about the story. This shouldn't be a problem in my opinion, since the show writers (should) have read the books and know these things anyway, and thus build their adaptation accordingly, leaving those world-building tidbits that they have to omit (for time's sake) for the viewer to read up on if they so choose.

Is talking about people mentioning book talk considered book talk? If so, whoops, very sorry.

it is Tuco. thanks on sig and couldn't agree more i haven't really read anything on here during this season that has been a spoiler for me. Also I am intrigued by all the nuances and backstories that you might not get from the TV show that are provided by book material.

Definitely impressed with him on last episode lol. I thought he was just a comedic dumbass, but last episode he actually seemed to be employing a pretty good strategy to throw that Iron Bank dude off his game...talking to him on such friendly terms, schooling him on the history of usury, being serious one moment and then belting out in song and grabbing the dude around the shoulder the next.

Remember that Iron Bank guy was all business to the extent that he even had Stannis on the verge of just giving up on asking for a loan (before Davos stepped up). Mace seemed to completely befuddle him.

Lol I though he came out looking like more of a jackass. He tried bribing the guys with wine until the he found out they didn't drink. Going off about how they used to punish people that charged interest didn't help either so them he just started singing. The bank has already backed the Mannis, so they're not gonna cut a deal with cersei.

Back on topic; I find it funny how some people get so vehement about book talk when:

A) GoT is basically caught up with the books in most story lines; there are few spoilers to be shared anymore.

B) GoT is (supposed to be) the television adaptation of the book series, so naturally parallels and comparisons will be made between the two.

C) The show has diverged wildly from the books, so even some book spoilers are rendered non-canon in the show's universe.

D) Often times when I see book talk, it's more so sharing peripheral knowledge about the GoT/ASOIAF universe that the show didn't have time to include, rather than series-shattering spoilers about the story. This shouldn't be a problem in my opinion, since the show writers (should) have read the books and know these things anyway, and thus build their adaptation accordingly, leaving those world-building tidbits that they have to omit (for time's sake) for the viewer to read up on if they so choose.

Is talking about people mentioning book talk considered book talk? If so, whoops, very sorry.

People who read are the worst kind of people.

Lol I though he came out looking like more of a jackass. He tried bribing the guys with wine until the he found out they didn't drink. Going off about how they used to punish people that charged interest didn't help either so them he just started singing. The bank has already backed the Mannis, so they're not gonna cut a deal with cersei.

haha. the look on his face when the Iron Bank officer said he doesn't partake in wine was absolutely classic.

I think the way he killed her was also a problem for a lot of people. Someone here suggested slitting her throat while she was sleeping. Would have still been brutal, but on her end it would have been quick and painless.

Not sure if it's supposed to be via fire though for it to work.

Couldn't he have given her essence of nightshade, or milk of the poppy to make her fall asleep and then set her on fire once she was asleep/numb?

I think people might have been less rustled if it went down like that. Apparently the Lord of Light not only demands human sacrifice of innocent little girls, but also demands that his victims go out screaming in agony.

People who read are the worst kind of people.

Couldn't agree more, they should all be burned. Luckily, show Stannis is seeing to that quite nicely. Only the illiterate will remain in his sovereign kingdom once he's done conquering, which is probably why he's kept Davos around for so long as his right hand man.

it is Tuco. thanks on sig and couldn't agree more i haven't really read anything on here during this season that has been a spoiler for me. Also I am intrigued by all the nuances and backstories that you might not get from the TV show that are provided by book material.

It's somewhat of a relief to know I can distinguish one Mexican from the rest.

Also, hespect for the bolded part. GRRM has constructed a very interesting universe with an extensive history that most viewers are probably oblivious to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back