Game of Thrones discussion v26: Season 5 Finale edition (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like whoever is submitting for nominees has their go-to list- Dinklage, Headey, Clarke, and Rigg...and that's it lol. Now Dinklage has been pure win since the shows beginning in my opinion so I have no gripe about that.

I like Clarkes performance and character a lot more than most people but I see that as mainly just show promotion of the "face of GOT." She's not someone you'd expect to be nominated above stronger performers.

Headey was very good this season and in the past so I get it.

Rigg is a legend of sorts and delivers memorable work on the show.

But c'mon- Pedro Pascal not getting nominated last year- bullshit.

Alfie Allen is easily one of the best and has been for like three or four seasons and he's not getting any awards attention.

And Dillane was terrific in this season and had a ton of screen time- more than he's had in the past and this was his last season for contention. Nothing.

Rigg?

This show is so wildly over rated. That said I can't wait for next season.

42BJ

It really is kinda amazing that GoT won best drama this season. Season 5 was by far the worst season so far. It not even really close to be honest. Was this its 1st Best Drama win?

People keep saying 5 was the worst, but don't state why.
4, for me, was the worst. Pacing was slow, felt like they were biding time.

I think 5 just rustled too many jimmies. Great season. Hardhome, Arya, Jon Snow's death, Ramsay p4p 1. Big shit poppin.

Season 6 will be the greatest tho

I think 5 just rustled too many jimmies. Great season. Hardhome, Arya, Jon Snow's death, Ramsay p4p 1. Big shit poppin.

I thought season 4 was great, BUT season 4 wrapped up alot of the longterm storylines & killed off too many great characters. Tywinn, Hound, Joffrey, & Oberyn dieing left a big hole in the show.

That hole was filled with crap storylines like Cersei & ISIS in Kingslanding, or the total waste of time that was everything happening in Dorne. And to make room fir that crap, they also cut Brann out of the entire season.

Seriously, if it didn't have to do Jon Snow or Stannis, there was a 99% chance it was dull, trite filler. Even Arya's story took a turn to the dullside. We got like 3-4 episodes if her washing floors & dead people.

Season 5 had Dorne though. Which many people consider the worst storyline so far. Plus, it had the Can Snakes, who are lame as hell and their acting sucks balls. And the shitty fight scene in Dorne ofcourse.

Season 4 may have been slow at times, but I didn't mind. Lot's of good dialogue and fun characters. And season 5 was slow in the beginning as well.

I thought season 4 was great, BUT season 4 wrapped up alot of the longterm storylines & killed off too many great characters. Tywinn, Hound, Joffrey, & Oberyn dieing left a big hole in the show.

That hole was filled with crap storylines like Cersei & ISIS in Kingslanding, or the total waste of time that was everything happening in Dorne. And to make room fir that crap, they also cut Brann out of the entire season.

Seriously, if it didn't have to do Jon Snow or Stannis, there was a 99% chance it was dull, trite filler. Even Arya's story took a turn to the dullside. We got like 3-4 episodes if her washing floors & dead people.

Well, if you guys are watching for OMG EPICCC storylines, season 5 had a lot of foreplay and building. Those Arya scenes were important. Dorne was important. Ramsay was of the utmost importance.

Season 5 for me had the best balance of darkness, mystery, heartbreak and menace. I enjoyed it very much.

I think history will be kind to Season 5. Empire Strikes Back of GOT seasons imo

S05 was pretty average, for the first 4 episodes, then it ended really well.

season 5 is the worst of the 5 seasons, in my opinion

season 4 was the best imo and the viper gave the best performance of anyone on the shows history. that being said, there isn't a better show on tv to my knowledge.

I think history will be kind to Season 5. Empire Strikes Back of GOT seasons imo

I really thought it was damn good too. I liked it better than season 2 and (probably- have to revisit) 3 also. I thought many storylines were strong and moved things into an interesting direction. Even characters who didn't have a lot to do- like Brienne and Baelish for instance- had some compelling scenes.

We got some really unsettling stuff (Margery going to jail while Tommen just sits there, Sansa/Ramsay scene, Shireens horrific death).

We got some damn good action set pieces (Hardhome wins that by a country mile), Greyworm/Barristan vs SOH, Jorah beasting out on the prelims, the fighting pits, etc

Dany storyline became a lot more interesting this season in my opinion. Aryas stuff was intriguing. Ramsay/Roose are always compelling to me.

Even the worst shit of the season- dorne- had some pretty good elements. Thought the guy who played Oberyns brother was good and liked his first scene with Elaria. The episode 4 stuff with Jaime and Bronn discussing death and taking out the dornish patrol was great. Sandy vaginas were bad and Ellaria went from interesting to really lame within a season of course. The fight scene between snakes and bronn/Jaime was bad.

Season 5 was the bleakest, and had the weakest scene overall with Bronn and the Sandy V's fighting, and some shit this season was just gratuitously sickening...

They're still pushing the line and shocking people, that's for sure.

Oh and congrats on your modhood, UFCfan4!!

Season 5 was the bleakest, and had the weakest scene overall with Bronn and the Sandy V's fighting, and some shit this season was just gratuitously sickening...

They're still pushing the line and shocking people, that's for sure.

Oh and congrats on your modhood, UFCfan4!!

Thanks, man!

season 5 was terrible

all hype from season 4 & it just didnt deliver :(

felt completely underwhelmed this season.

Seasons 1 and 3 are the best so far imo. This Season felt like it was made just to troll the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back