Game of Thrones discussion v26: Season 5 Finale edition (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Jaime photos from Season 6 filming:

11249845_892017040892470_3257478554693954076_n.jpg

12020018_892019050892269_3180838307783091745_n.jpg

12003288_892435324183975_1875224805697146349_n.jpg

1937430_893866967374144_2736197565913618783_n.jpg

12038433_892435367517304_9104260297711853070_n.jpg

Really amped for the show's return. I know it's still a long ways off, but I'm anticipating it.

can't wait to my boo jaime again
omg he's my fav <3
always lookin too dang fine xx

GOT won best drama series at the Emmys and Dinklage won his second! Good shit. I know a lot of people thought season 5 wasn't on par with the greatness of what came before but I think Game of Thrones was due for a win and I really thought the show continued to be damn good.

GOT won best drama series at the Emmys and Dinklage won his second! Good shit. I know a lot of people thought season 5 wasn't on par with the greatness of what came before but I think Game of Thrones was due for a win and I really thought the show continued to be damn good.

Well holy shit, finally.

And they didn't win for any previous seasons? Lol they were probably like shit this series is beginning to degrade in quality and we haven't given them an Emmy yet. Let's sneak one in.

Kinda like Scorsese, skipping all his classics and then giving him an Oscar for Departed because he didn't have one yet.

No idea why Dinklage gets singled out.........well actually I do.

He's good, but there are definitely better actors on the show, imo. Or at least as good.

And they didn't win for any previous seasons? Lol they were probably like shit this series is beginning to degrade in quality and we haven't given them an Emmy yet. Let's sneak one in.

Absence of Breaking Bad probably helped.

No idea why Dinklage gets singled out.........well actually I do.

He's good, but there are definitely better actors on the show, imo. Or at least as good.

Seems like whoever is submitting for nominees has their go-to list- Dinklage, Headey, Clarke, and Rigg...and that's it lol. Now Dinklage has been pure win since the shows beginning in my opinion so I have no gripe about that.

I like Clarkes performance and character a lot more than most people but I see that as mainly just show promotion of the "face of GOT." She's not someone you'd expect to be nominated above stronger performers.

Headey was very good this season and in the past so I get it.

Rigg is a legend of sorts and delivers memorable work on the show.

But c'mon- Pedro Pascal not getting nominated last year- bullshit.

Alfie Allen is easily one of the best and has been for like three or four seasons and he's not getting any awards attention.

And Dillane was terrific in this season and had a ton of screen time- more than he's had in the past and this was his last season for contention. Nothing.

Varys just wants what's best for the realm. He had jorah spying on her to set up assassination attempts before he started liking her, and he probably only likes her because all the decent people are dead, and the ones ruling are running the seven kingdoms into the dirt.

It's actually because the show is retconning the fact that Varys tried to have her killed due to discrepancies between the show and source material

Jorah should have won the Emmy this year. He was great! This ain't right...

Seems like whoever is submitting for nominees has their go-to list- Dinklage, Headey, Clarke, and Rigg...and that's it lol. Now Dinklage has been pure win since the shows beginning in my opinion so I have no gripe about that.

I like Clarkes performance and character a lot more than most people but I see that as mainly just show promotion of the "face of GOT." She's not someone you'd expect to be nominated above stronger performers.

Headey was very good this season and in the past so I get it.

Rigg is a legend of sorts and delivers memorable work on the show.

But c'mon- Pedro Pascal not getting nominated last year- bullshit.

Alfie Allen is easily one of the best and has been for like three or four seasons and he's not getting any awards attention.

And Dillane was terrific in this season and had a ton of screen time- more than he's had in the past and this was his last season for contention. Nothing.

Charles Dance should have at least one major award for his work on this show, and now he's fucking dead (Tywin, not Dance)

GoT broke a record for winning 12 emmy's this year. Impressive.

Charles Dance should have at least one major award for his work on this show, and now he's fucking dead (Tywin, not Dance)

Agreed. Dance was one of the best on the show along with Gleeson. IMO arguably the two best actors who appeared in multiple seasons.

Pascal was amazing in season 4 as well.

Clarke shouldn't be nominated for awards IMO.

This show is so wildly over rated. That said I can't wait for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back