GamerGate News & Discussion v3: Listen and Believe, SOCJUS

Going after Zoe/Going to bat for Eron is unfortunately tactically unsound because it falls quite nicely into the harassment narrative.

its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

That being said, it sounds like this Mike guy is getting so much heat directed at him because he is doing exactly that: publicizing the court docs. Best to let him (a lawyer) handle it than to make a full-on assault, because that just fits the generalized picture of harassment too much.

Going after Zoe/Going to bat for Eron is unfortunately tactically unsound because it falls quite nicely into the harassment narrative.

its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

That being said, it sounds like this Mike guy is getting so much heat directed at him because he is doing exactly that: publicizing the court docs. Best to let him (a lawyer) handle it than to make a full-on assault, because that just fits the generalized picture of harassment too much.

The anti is too fucking dumb to go against someone who have money/connection/power/balls to make ZQ and her cohort a living hell. He already sic his PI on them. A lot of GGers don't like it, but it is totally his choice after ZQ decided to retweet his doxxing and there are concrete evidences that the anti is deliberately antagonize him, up and including calling the LAPD on him.

Let him dig dirts off of ZQ and Liftshit. I'm gonna get my popcorn and see what ever the fuck he manage to find.

The anti is too fucking dumb to go against someone who have money/connection/power/balls to make ZQ and her cohort a living hell. He already sic his PI on them. A lot of GGers don't like it, but it is totally his choice after ZQ decided to retweet his doxxing and there are concrete evidences that the anti is deliberately antagonize him, up and including calling the LAPD on him.

Let him dig dirts off of ZQ and Liftshit. I'm gonna get my popcorn and see what ever the fuck he manage to find.

Judging from his most recent tweet, whatever the PI found has put him at ease. He's not going to involve the authorities.

Also, we want Zoe to be taken down. Her episode with the Young Capitalists is especially messed up, and all indications point to her being a genuinely bad person. The only barrier to catching her out is having solid evidence of Zoe doing something so stupid that the antis can't plausibly spin it into a victim narrative. Mike is smart enough to do this right, and bold enough to take the risk.

Last edited:

Going after game journos for defending Zoe/defaming Eron is unfortunately tactically unsound because it falls quite nicely into the harassment narrative.

Do you believe these are equivalent positions?

Mike seems like an egotistical ass, exactly the kind of person you wouldn't want doing that because it plays into the narrative.

CombatCyborg: solid evidence? What do you think the chat logs are? Does there need to be a signed affidavit from R Kelly's Grandma?

Going after game journos for defending Zoe/defaming Eron is unfortunately tactically unsound because it falls quite nicely into the harassment narrative.

Do you believe these are equivalent positions?

I tried to respond to this, but I ultimately concluded that I don't know what point you are trying to make, and thus I have nothing to say.

Mike seems like an egotistical ass, exactly the kind of person you wouldn't want doing that because it plays into the narrative.

He seems to be doing just fine.

I have to take a practice MCAT, so I apologize for not responding for maybe the next 5 hours.

Zoe slept around for positive press
Game journos at kotaku were not disclosing conflicts of interest

These both reference the same event but are not at all the same and will not be perceived in the same way. There is lots of equivocation going in this thread regarding these two kind of positions. For example:

Zoe is an abuser
Game journos are defending an abuser due to nepotism and identity politics.

I'm not saying to make gamergate about zoe personally but it does need to about something that involved her.

The chat log evidence is good enough for me, as is the evidence that she torpedoed TYC event for her own profit, as is the story of the erotic art photographer. Like I said, it's not good enough to overcome the narrative of the antis. They've just wrote it off as being the vindictive lies of a jilted ex, and unreliable citizen journalism, respectively. And this is notwithstanding the fact that Zoe didn't go after Eron for libel, only for harassment, which is an implicit admission that he's telling the truth.

I understand all that, but we're talking about people who are sided with the antis. In order to make them accept the truth, there has to be evidence that can't be dismissed as baseless harassment.

The chat log evidence is good enough for me, as is the evidence that she torpedoed TYC event for her own profit, as is the story of the erotic art photographer. Like I said, it's not good enough to overcome the narrative of the antis. They've just wrote it off as being the vindictive lies of a jilted ex, and unreliable citizen journalism, respectively. And this is notwithstanding the fact that Zoe didn't go after Eron for libel, only for harassment, which is an implicit admission that he's telling the truth.

I understand all that, but we're talking about people who are sided with the antis. In order to make them accept the truth, there has to be evidence that can't be dismissed as baseless harassment.

IME, most antis haven't read it, much less know about the contents of the chat logs. Don't underestimate the power of bubbles.

I take your point. The evidence against her is already solid, it's just that Zoe's supporters are deaf to it. Regardless, I'm glad Mike is doing his thing because his involvement is integral on this point. He got involved in the first place because he saw Zoe's charges against Eron are unjust.

Not only should he be able to take the weight off eron's shoulders, but if Zoe's harassment claim is shown to be spurious by its rescindment through legal channels hopefully more people will be forced to accept that she's lying. Even that may be chalked up to Mike 'harassing' her using his lawyer skills, I guess.

Judging from his most recent tweet, whatever the PI found has put him at ease. He's not going to involve the authorities.

Also, we want Zoe to be taken down. Her episode with the Young Capitalists is especially messed up, and all indications point to her being a genuinely bad person. The only barrier to catching her out is having solid evidence of Zoe doing something so stupid that the antis can't plausibly spin it into a victim narrative. Mike is smart enough to do this right, and bold enough to take the risk.

Actually from the look of it the whole cop episode is finished. But he never said anything about his PI had found about ZQ and Liftshit though. Let's see how it goes.

Interesting. So Mika Simmons (Queen Anora in Dragon Age) is a silent #gamergate supporter. GREAT.

Question from a guy on the sidelines looking in at this whole gamergate thing. If the stated goal is ending corruption in game journalism, why are you guys so obsessed over an indie game developer and a game that made no impact instead of the big game developers and websites? You know, the ones who have been accused of paying for positive press in the past. And why rope Anita Sarkeesian into it? She's just a feminist making YouTube videos.

Question from a guy on the sidelines looking in at this whole gamergate thing. If the stated goal is ending corruption in game journalism, why are you guys so obsessed over an indie game developer and a game that made no impact instead of the big game developers and websites? You know, the ones who have been accused of paying for positive press in the past. And why rope Anita Sarkeesian into it? She's just a feminist making YouTube videos.

Been addressed. Read the thread.

Oh lord, the AAA thing again. Oh yeah, let's totally abandon this midway uphill battle for an even WORST uphill battle and let the corrupted jorno get away with it. Beside, isn't the journo are supposed to be the one fighting the AAA? Remember the ME3 debacle and all? They are the one that actively PROTECT the AAA. Now the spearhead is on them so they pointed to the AAA instead to take the heat off. No way fucker, no way.

As the ZQ/AS thing, it had been addressed.

An individual using the Twitter handle Bill Waggoner created an account a couple of hours ago and is now releasing home addresses of a number of antis, while also tweeting things like,
"I am the true face of #GamerGate. I will stand my ground in the gaming industry and assert my manly dominance over @TheQuinnspiracy"

Obviously a false flag, but it still sucks.

I was going to see if you Sherdoggers wanted to email Sega, since most of us posting in this thread are gamers and speaking from experience, a significant portion of my gaming career was on a Sega Genesis (hell, I even played the 32X).

But you're right. We could just batch message Save the Children with a brief message and a link to that, and it would be effective. Gawker's comeuppance is past due. They're a group of narcissists who have no qualms about ruining other people's lives (see this and this). We should feel the same about them.

What do you say, Sherdoggers? Want to contribute? This is Save the Children's contact page, but I'm not seeing direct contact to anyone in PR via email. So maybe we can message Tanya Weinberg, the US contact.

Also, I find it disturbing that Gawker and NeoGAF, both anti-GG, are pedophile sympathizers.

Back