General MMA discussion and future lines - September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamas - Penn under 2.5 @2.10.

Can Penn really survive for 10 minutes against Lamas?

Lamas - Penn under 2.5 @2.10.

Can Penn really survive for 10 minutes against Lamas?

Easily... he's definitely not getting subbed and it's very unlikely that he gets taken out on the feet. He may get GnPed into oblivion, though, but that is also pretty unlikely. I like the other side of the line.

I agree that it's not an easy fight for Dariush stylistically but I would've expected those lines to be flipped.

Rashid has great boxing and good TDD but Dariush is unquestionably the better grappler and has excellent standup of his own, he likes to work behind that flick jab and use lots of kicks and knees. Been following gameplans pretty well lately sans the loss to Chiesa. I think I'm gonna have to stab Dariush here for at least a unit until we get props.

I'd be massive on Magomedov if the lines were flipped. I actually rate him as the best defensive striker in all of MMA, and the second best overall striker behind McGregor (would love to see that matchup, which is very possible in the near future).

He's never faced a guy this well-rounded, though, which is why he's not a large favorite. The line is perfect right now imo.

im betting on bj nothing big but ill throw a unit on him. lamas is well overpriced imo.

Will there be odds for Rizin? Surprised there isn't a thread on this

Probably will but later on in the week.

im betting on bj nothing big but ill throw a unit on him. lamas is well overpriced imo.

I don't know, what has BJ shown in the last 3 or so years? Lamas is still a top 5 FW whilst I'm not even sure BJ would be top 15.

Unless BJ shows something new or totally revived, I'd be shocked if he beat Lamas. Lamas just has too good of an all around game, and I think his kicks will cause BJ trouble. BJ's done IMO.

It's not tail worthy it's prob more nostalgia but bj has been fighting at 170 outside of the Edgar fight to be fair to him. Hes at Jackson's now too not running his own camp. I know he's 37, etc but i dunno just a gut feeling i have.

BJ hasn't looked good since round 1 of the diaz fight nearly 5 years ago. 5 years! he hasn't fought in over 2 years! he's a 37 year old featherweight! he has historic cardio and motivation issues! which combined with his age is a huge red flag at featherweight. but it doesn't end there, BJ has never fought at 145 so this will be his first weight cut for it which he could potentially struggle with and have it hinder his performance. the beating's he took in his last 3 fights were pretty severe so you have to factor how many miles they took out of him also.

lamas on the other hand is coming of a loss to holloway, and although he clearly lost, it was in no way a 1 sided beatdown. and many ppl are calling for holloway to get the next crack at the belt, so we know lamas can still be competitive at the top of the division. I just can't see BJ overcoming all of that, and just because he's training with jackson isn't going to magically wind the clock back to 2010 before the massive drop off in his performances.

hope he can pull it off as he's one of my all time fav's but I just can't see it. I kinda like the u2.5 line even though BJ is very hard to finish and has never been finished by someone his own size. not sure if I'm going to take it yet though.

would of liked to see BJ vs someone like brad pickett or someone of similar age/miles, I've no interest in this fight at all.

Yeah its shit that hes gone from fighting Siver who's a level he should be fighting at this point to a killer like Lamas. I don't think he survives 3 rounds

http://www.flocombat.com/article/46...-thompson-i-really-don-t-respect-him-as-a-man

woodley going full retard saying he doesn't respect wonderboy as a person basically because he retweeted stuff saying woodley was afraid to fight him. when woodley said he would rather not fight the #1 contender. mind games? I don't know.. Im starting to think woodley's setting himself up for a big fall back to earth saying stuff like that.

BJ hasn't looked good since round 1 of the diaz fight nearly 5 years ago. 5 years! he hasn't fought in over 2 years! he's a 37 year old featherweight! he has historic cardio and motivation issues! which combined with his age is a huge red flag at featherweight. but it doesn't end there, BJ has never fought at 145 so this will be his first weight cut for it which he could potentially struggle with and have it hinder his performance. the beating's he took in his last 3 fights were pretty severe so you have to factor how many miles they took out of him also.

lamas on the other hand is coming of a loss to holloway, and although he clearly lost, it was in no way a 1 sided beatdown. and many ppl are calling for holloway to get the next crack at the belt, so we know lamas can still be competitive at the top of the division. I just can't see BJ overcoming all of that, and just because he's training with jackson isn't going to magically wind the clock back to 2010 before the massive drop off in his performances.

hope he can pull it off as he's one of my all time fav's but I just can't see it. I kinda like the u2.5 line even though BJ is very hard to finish and has never been finished by someone his own size. not sure if I'm going to take it yet though.

yeah good points.

this rizin card looks like good fun. i bet it's going to be at some ungodly hour in the uk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back