General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

6 PPV is far too light for the UFC.

One rumour is doing away with TUF for extra contender series fights. Love that idea but I seriously doubt they're splitting the roster. How would they decide who goes where? I can't see this happening

Yep. You have to look at it logically. The ONLY way the UFC could afford to do that few ppv's is if they signed a broadcasting deal that was way, WAY more lucrative than the one they currently have with Fox. But given the ratings Fox gets (decent but nothing special) there's zero chance other networks would pay the price tag that would be needed to reduce the # of ppv's down to 6.

Yep. You have to look at it logically. The ONLY way the UFC could afford to do that few ppv's is if they signed a broadcasting deal that was way, WAY more lucrative than the one they currently have with Fox. But given the ratings Fox gets (decent but nothing special) there's zero chance other networks would pay the price tag that would be needed to reduce the # of ppv's down to 6.
Not only that, Fox have been very good in return to the UFC. ESPN won't concentrate on UFC like Fox has - they have NBA, NFL, College sports etc to give air too and rates way better. I can't see it being of benefit to the either party joining ESPN?

One thing i don't understand is why UFC goes with a PPV distributor rather than doing it itself through fight pass. Lower the cost to fans, keep the profit rather than give half to the provider. I'm not expert (far, far from it) in this area but that makes sense from the outside? I'd suggest many more people will buy PPV each month for $25-30 as opposed to the current $60...

Not only that, Fox have been very good in return to the UFC. ESPN won't concentrate on UFC like Fox has - they have NBA, NFL, College sports etc to give air too and rates way better. I can't see it being of benefit to the either party joining ESPN?

One thing i don't understand is why UFC goes with a PPV distributor rather than doing it itself through fight pass. Lower the cost to fans, keep the profit rather than give half to the provider. I'm not expert (far, far from it) in this area but that makes sense from the outside? I'd suggest many more people will buy PPV each month for $25-30 as opposed to the current $60...
They have multiple options to sell PPVs, through cable & satellite tv for those that want to buy the traditional way plus on Fight Pass and other streaming services for those that don't have tv service or prefer to purchase that way. It's not an either/or choice at this point.

teymur/arce is just horrible match making. why not build up both prospects?

KSW 43:
Sowinski and Parke missed weight, Parke by 3.1 lbs and Sowinski by 3 lbs, Sowinski looked horrible.

You guys see they are having a sanctioned bare knuckle boxing event in Cheyenne coming up? Some former UFC guys (Johnny Bedford) and Bellator guys on the card along with some pro boxers. First sanctioned bare knuckle fights in the U.S since the late 1800's.

Wonder if we will get lines LOL.

Andryszak via T/KO is 1.75/-133

Andryszak RD1 is 1.85/-118

I like both, especially how juiced the Andryszak ML is.

You guys see they are having a sanctioned bare knuckle boxing event in Cheyenne coming up? Some former UFC guys (Johnny Bedford) and Bellator guys on the card along with some pro boxers. First sanctioned bare knuckle fights in the U.S since the late 1800's.

Wonder if we will get lines LOL.

wasn't phil baroni having/had a bare knuckle fight?

My brain is telling me to bet Jacare, he's better than weidman pretty much everywhere, similar ish style's, gonna be much bigger than gastelum which chris utilized,jacare can destroy kelvin on the ground, especially past round 1, his chin is still solid. but I can't bring myself to do it yet and I don't know why...

edit: I don't get why jacare isn't shorter here. gastelum shouldn't be getting this much credit for KO'ing old man bisping

Last edited:
^^^ I like Jacare in this one too but the concern is the same thing with "old man Bisping": Is Jacare getting too old? He hasn't taken much damage but he has had a long career and is 38 and I think the odds reflect that. At some point the young guns will (probably) catch him and at that point will it be a quick downward slide for his career? A lot of people were thinking Brunson could do it. How much better is Gastelum?

Think I'll play jacare, and cover with kelvin ko/tko if the odds are decent enough

Plus dwtncs is coming back. Piglord is right lol no life summer here we go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back